Going to San Jose CA Monday- WHAT TO DO?

Whats good Cali fam

I'm going to San Jose CA Monday for work for 4 days- I'm going to be staying in Redwood City.

I dont know 1 soul and have no clue what to do on my spare time away from work. I was going to see a Golden State game but my luck they play tomorrow and the day I leave 
mean.gif

Anyone from out there that can point me in the right direction on what there is to do out there?

-Going with my boss

-Got a rental

-Got my own room

-Dont know anyone

Thanks!

What are you trying to do? There are some good spots out in sj for food and the nightlife can be crackin since sj state is right there. As far as food goes what are you into? I live like 15min away from redwood city haha

check out the norcal thread for food btw

Last edited:
I would check the regional forums. Pretty much everything you need to know in there.

But since I'm here.. I suggest you kill two birds with one stone and go to off the grid (food trucks) at Fort Mason in the city. Starts at like 5 Friday evening. Pretty good view of Alcatraz/Golden Gate Bridge. Assuming that your flight lands in time for dinner.

What are you trying to do? There are some good spots out in sj for food and the nightlife can be crackin since sj state is right there. As far as food goes what are you into? I live like 15min away from redwood city haha

check out the norcal thread for food btw
I'm honestly not trying to travel too far from where I'm staying just the simple fact that I'm not trying to end up somewhere I'm not suppose to be lol

Thing's I'm into

-Food (anything but seafood)

-Bars

-Basketball

-Shopping

-Cool sights (I heard FB is literally minutes away from my job)

If you dont want to travel too far...go to Palo Alto. Not far from Redwood City, has bars, good food, shopping, and Stanford.

I would check the regional forums. Pretty much everything you need to know in there.

But since I'm here.. I suggest you kill two birds with one stone and go to off the grid (food trucks) at Fort Mason in the city. Starts at like 5 Friday evening. Pretty good view of Alcatraz/Golden Gate Bridge. Assuming that your flight lands in time for dinner.
Friday? Can't make it bro I fly in Monday morning and leave Thursday evening but sounds really dope. Something simple like that tho makes sense,appreciate the info tho maybe next time!

You could go to Santana Row in SJ. Has food, bars, and shopping. The mall is right across the street and downtown nightlight is only about 5 minutes away. 

Also Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto.

+1 on Stanford and santana row for shopping and food. A bit pricy though. At least for me

I heard La Victoria is supposed to be a really good Mexican place. All the other stuff has been mentioned (Santana Row, Downtown, etc.). I know you don't want to travel too far but there's always SF via Caltrain.

FB is in east palo alto. If you're not trying to drive far, San Jo is a little bit of a drive from redwood. I too would recommend downtown palo alto and checking out Stanford. My favorite torta spot is in redwood city, casita chilanga, love it.

Hookah bars if you wanna meet fine @&@ middle eastern and indian girls :pimp: I don't really go clubbing when I hit up SJ. Too many wannabe cholos and viet gangsters (who go back to their $1mil + houses at night) who always get nice places shut down. They only fight amongst themselves and won't jump you or anything, but it kills the vibe. Santana Row is perfect if you don't mind snobby gold diggers. Place is really nice looking but all the restaurants and clubs are complete ripoffs, with $&@$ food and service. Some girl invited me to Smoke hookah over there, and I think one beer and one mediocre dinner dish ran me like $40. If it was good, I wouldn't complain, but my local $5 spot destroys it :lol:

SJ is basically a really nice place to live if you're older/have a family, but its boring if youre young. Not hating, I lived out there for a few years, and my parents still live there

Last edited:
I heard La Victoria is supposed to be a really good Mexican place. All the other stuff has been mentioned (Santana Row, Downtown, etc.). I know you don't want to travel too far but there's always SF via Caltrain.

Not really. It's not real Mexican food. Go to a taco stand.

You should go up to fowler park if you want a nice view of San Jose. Santana Row is the best place for food and shopping, especially if you're going with the boss to eat.

Like others said check out Santana row. Tons of honeys there at night. Warriors play tonight and Sunday. Not sure what your schedule is like. Check out a sharks game too. It's fun live. Not sure what kind of food you're into but sjs got a couple good taquerias. Lemme know what kind of food you like and I can suggest some. Check out sj bar and grill at night. If you're into Latinas check out tres gringos next door

If you're tryna catch some nba playoffs check out smoke eaters downtown. Good food. Good crowd

Last edited:
22stylez....whats a good Mexican place to hit up?? I'm passing by S.J. this weekend to go to Santa Cruz and Monterey

Last edited:
a few of my viet homies took me to a viet coffee house in san jose.... it was pretty dope.
smokin.gif

+2 or 3 for Palo Alto. Love visiting my girl out in PA. Make sure you get Philz Coffee (Iced Mint Mojito coffee) if you're into coffee, and also kara's cupcakes if you're into that stuff. IKE's Sandwiches on Stanford campus has awesome sandwiches(and also very famous) And yes, stanford shopping center is very nice.

Also, if you're a football fan and you're gonna go to PA, go towards santa clara and check out the new niner's stadium being built, it's a beauty! 

Have fun man! love the bay area, and I'm from so cal.

Came to post this. :lol:

I swear I've lived in the Bay my whole life and have yet to see this. Is it what it's cracked up to be? I am not complaining but coffee and boobs just seem odd, unless it is one of those coffee joints that have beer.

Back
Top Bottom