Going to SoCal for the first time.

The beginning of June my girl and I are going to be in the Los Angeles area as part of our vacation. We're going to be going to an Angels and dodgers game, during the time we are there, but other than that we have two days with nothing planned. I know my girl wants to go to the beach, so is there a go to beach for somebody who's never been there? Also wouldn't mind some ideas as to what the shopping is like there, and maybe Hollywood area for her. Thanks for all the help.

Venice beach is super over rated.

I would hit Hermosa beach and the pier there. Santa Monica pier , or if you want to go swimming , bolas chica , or Torrance beach.

Oh and for shopping hit the Beverly center, but unless you're ballin the 2nd floor will be beyond your price range

venice beach is okay, try redondo beach and neighboring beaches, hop in and out of the bars there, or check out malibu, walk around hollywood walk of fame, try museums, downtown LA, try the street dogs and fashion district and olvera street. shop in santa monica, scope out the grove. there's a restaurant down the street of angels stadium that's bomb but i forgot the name, a few angel players head there after the game at times, damn sorry i forgot.

depends where youre staying. if in la hit up venice beach, santa monica pier, 3rd st promenade. if in OC hit huntington beach drive up and down the coast to enjoy bolsa chica, and even down to crystal cove. fairfax and melrose are touristy spots to shop at ( supreme, diamond, ) but id also hit up downtown la for the food spots

You HAVE to go to Roscoe's Chicken N' Waffles! They got like 7 scattered around the LA area.
Flightclub & Newport Beach too

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking the first day were probably heading down to Venice Beach first, spending the day there before checking in to our hotel in Orange County. Then the second day were gonna check out the Hollywood area before going to a dodgers game that night. Just need some more good food suggestions preferably a nice steakhouse. Also I saw some suggestions as far as shopping, but where would you recommend in the OC? Thanks, sorry for bad grammar, trying to get this off before I board a plane.

if you want a good steakhouse with bomb beer, try yard house. either in long beach or the one by staples center, both are good.

Back
Top Bottom