Going to Waikiki Beach Honolulu in March , Recomendations?

I'm taking my girl  there at the end of march or begining of april and was looking for any oppinions recomendations of things to do aside from the beach ,sight seeing, great places to eat ect from any of my fellow NTers who live or have visited the Islands. I'm staying 5 days 4 nights and my resort is like a half mile from waikiki beach .I'll have a rental car and access to puddle jumpers to make it to the other islands if need be one thing Im really wanting to do is check out a volcaino . ..........cant wait!
pimp.gif

Aside from going to the beach, site seeing, going to great places to eat, I'd say have sex with your girl.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Aside from going to the beach, site seeing, going to great places to eat, I'd say have sex with your girl.

laugh.gif
yeah I'd say so too, but I was looking for recomendations for site seeing, going to great places to eat, I got the other part handled

You can go to Hanauma Bay to do some snorkeling. It's pretty cool and the water isn't too deep if you've never been.

When I went there with my girl, we hiked up to the Lanikai Pillbox to see a great view of probably the best beach there (in my opinion anyway).

Have fun! Great place to visit and I'll be back there soon...

If you like sushi, Sansei Seafood Restaurant and Sushi Bar.

I haven't eaten at the one in Waikiki but I have eaten at two of their spots in Maui.

iamsaikotic wrote:
You can go to Hanauma Bay to do some snorkeling. It's pretty cool and the water isn't too deep if you've never been.

When I went there with my girl, we hiked up to the Lanikai Pillbox to see a great view of probably the best beach there (in my opinion anyway).

sounds good my dude , I'll definatly be checking both of these out   
EDIT: just checked Hanauma Bay out on google place looks absolutely phenomenal

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I haven't eaten at the one in Waikiki but I have eaten at two of their spots in Maui.

I thought Sansei was overated.

Yes on Hanauma Bay but I swear there is like no fish in the water no more. Oh...and DO NOT get one of those dumb underwater cameras. Total waste of money and everything comes out blurry.

I enjoyed the Ko Olina Lagoons near the new Disney Hotel. Kind of secluded and not a lot of people go there. Here are some pics when I went:

reflection-eternal-11.jpg

Manoa Falls is a small hike but the waterfall is kind of mellow dramatic. Still, I wasn't about hiking on my trip and this was the smallest one without killing yourself:

reflection-eternal-4.jpg

reflection-eternal-19.jpg

reflection-eternal-8.jpg

reflection-eternal-9.jpg

Eeat at Ono Steaks food truck. It's like the shrimp truck near the north shore but not as far to get to. I believe it is sort of on the way to Hanauma Bay on the other side of the island:

electric-relaxation-121.jpg

electric-relaxation-14.jpg

electric-relaxation-17.jpg

And I am sorry but Rainbow Drive In sucked. Save yourself the hassle:

reflection-eternal-1.jpg

Lanakai is a great beach, hanauma bay is great,snorkling was one of the funnest things I've done. Manoa falls hike is pretty rugged, wear beaters. Don't do waimea falls not worth it imo.. Kuloa Ranch has some attractions that are worth the price. Food, man just find hole in the wall spots. Personally there's a spot on salt lake blvd which (not waikiki) across from aliamanu intermediate, best korean food I've ever had. Waikiki as a whole is lame, save that for night time walkin when you're bored. Swap meet at aloha stadium. Ala moana shopping center is the largest outdoor shoopping mall in the world (not worth your time either imo). Paradise cove for a luau. Diamond head hike is a tourist staple. Pali lookout (lot of history GREAT view.) Punch bowl cemetery. Tantulas road. Drive it, gotta couple dope views. Btw, traffic sucks.

Have fun op, lot to do, thankfully I had 2 months to do it, and use to live there.... North shore.

I may have mixed up waimea falls an monoa, one of them was basically walkin asphalt, the other was REAL hike.

Go to Hanamau Bay for sure. I went over the summer, tons of fish, and I was next to a turtle as well.

International Marketplace for some souvenir shopping. Hank's Haute Dogs is pretty bomb.

The Polynesian Cultural Center is really fun too.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Eeat at Ono Steaks food truck. It's like the shrimp truck near the north shore but not as far to get to. I believe it is sort of on the way to Hanauma Bay on the other side of the island:

electric-relaxation-121.jpg

electric-relaxation-14.jpg

electric-relaxation-17.jpg
Rainbow Drive In did suck. I thought the Ono shrimp truck was the best one on the island. I liked it much better than Giovanni's.

Originally Posted by JIM SHADY2003

iamsaikotic wrote:

sounds good my dude , I'll definatly be checking both of these out   
EDIT: just checked Hanauma Bay out on google place looks absolutely phenomenal
Lanikai Pillbox is a pain to find though. I probably made 10 wrong turns looking for the actual trail.
laugh.gif

Here's a shot of the view halfway up.

308448_10150299310364181_512149180_7692843_1773649_n.jpg

lived here all my life...

rule #1... cancel your hotel in waikiki... find a beach house or stay at Ko Olina
rule #2... send me a pm... I can help out with recommendations for non-touristy stuff to experience

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

lived here all my life...

rule #1... cancel your hotel in waikiki... find a beach house or stay at Ko Olina
rule #2... send me a pm... I can help out with recommendations for non-touristy stuff to experience
I stayed at the JW out there and honestly if we ever had any desire to go back to Oahu, we'd go back.  Not trying to deal with city life/traffic when I'm on vacation
laugh.gif

I agree on getting a beach house if you can afford it or go with friends. It's nice to have a hotel if you are always out and about but my friends got a beach house in Maui and all they did was BBQ, drink, smoke, and more all in front of the beach. I wouldn't mind doing that with just me and my girl but it would be more costly.

Back
Top Bottom