golden gopher in dtla

hey everyone, Just wondering if any of you guys have been to the golden gopher in Downtown LA.. Planning of going there if its a cool place.. Is there a cover?expensive drinks? cool people? I'm looking at some other bars in the area like broadway bar and/or maybe library bar. Let me know. Thanks.

Originally Posted by abstractability

hey everyone, Just wondering if any of you guys have been to the golden gopher in Downtown LA.. Planning of going there if its a cool place.. Is there a cover? expensive drinks? cool people? I'm looking at some other bars in the area like broadway bar and/or maybe library bar. Let me know. Thanks.
I dont really hang out in DT much but when I do the only places I go (not by choice, its just where my friends always end up at) is the Gopher orBroadway Bar. Personally I like the Broadway Bar much better cause it has that nice outdoor balcony area for when I used to smoke. It does tend to get prettycrowded though and can be a pain to manuever around. I cant really speak for the crowd/women cause when I go I'm usually with my girl and some of ourfriends and they all tend to roll deep (like 10-20 people) so I'm not really mixin it up with other folks.

As far as the Gopher is concerned... I dont particularly care for it at all. The 6-7 times I've gone, no cover (not sure if they changed it recently). Drinks are moderately priced, not like Hollywood prices or anything. The crowd seems so-so, but I rarely see it jampacked crowded (which I actually like). The outdoor area here is a dump, its literally like a converted alley with a fence around it. Only been there once when I wasnt with my girls or wasnt rollingin a big group, and based on that 1 time I would say the pickins were slightly below avg (not like a hot club where you got 9's and 10's just rollinaround everywhere).

Back
Top Bottom