Good Deal for A PS3?

My buddy is offering me a ps3 with two controllers and mlb the show (doesn't even need to be mentioned) for $120

I have an xbox and know nothing about ps3's, but I'm thinking about scooping this up if it's a steal.

Thoughts?

My buddy is offering me a ps3 with two controllers and mlb the show (doesn't even need to be mentioned) for $120

I have an xbox and know nothing about ps3's, but I'm thinking about scooping this up if it's a steal.

Thoughts?
While it may read as a good deal.. If it's for a 1st gen PS3 I'd say you can probably offer less.. How good the deal is really depends on the PS3 generation and size of HD.. for ex. 1st gen (20gb) didn't offer built in wireless.. get the PS3 facts and make a counter offer! 

Last edited:
2 controllers? Thats a win. The controllers new are $60 a pop.

While it may read as a good deal.. If it's for a 1st gen PS3 I'd say you can probably offer less.. How good the deal is really depends on the PS3 generation and size of HD.. for ex. 1st gen didn't offer built in wireless.. get the PS3 facts and make a counter offer! 

uhhhh what? i got a 1st gen 60GB PS3 at launch day and it has wifi. knock on wood, that thing is still going strong to this day.

While it may read as a good deal.. If it's for a 1st gen PS3 I'd say you can probably offer less.. How good the deal is really depends on the PS3 generation and size of HD.. for ex. 1st gen didn't offer built in wireless.. get the PS3 facts and make a counter offer! 
thanks for the info!

He bought it brand new in April if that helps

Only the 20gb 1st gen didn't offer wireless. all other models did.

back to the OP. 160gb slim with 2 controllers and a game for $120 is a steal.

-J-

uhhhh what? i got a 1st gen 60GB PS3 at launch day and it has wifi. knock on wood, that thing is still going strong to this day.
Yea, should have been more specific 20gb 1st gen didn't have builtin wireless, ethernet only.. 60gb did have wireless built in.. Not a major deal breaker because you could still get a wireless adapter to use but having it built in is one less thing to worry about.. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom