~Good Running/Walking Shoes Suggestions?~

I'm planning on backpacking around Asia and Australia and when I looked through my collection I noticed I didn't have a single pair of goodrunners/walking shoes. Can anyone suggest a comfortable walking/running shoe? doesn't matter brand or anything tho obviously the better lookin the shoe illbuy even if its a bit more.

A lot of people have suggest Asics but I'd like some second opinions.

thanks in advance NT

Asics is really a good shoe for running or just walking because they are very comfortable.

Another brand I would suggest is New Balance.

Asics Gel Kayno FTW. Is like the Ned Flanders of sneakers though. Get yourself some ACG's or Merrell's or something durable and comfy meant for hiking.

if you weigh over 215 pounds do not wear asics because the gel will compress a lot faster, just like cotton. check how your arches are though; i know peoplemention the asics kayano and kinsei's as the most comfortable shoes but one is designed for overpronators and the other for neutral footed/supinators.

nike zoom vomeros, nike air pegasus and nike air max moto 5 (all neutral) would be other considerations. nike edge trainer 08's are my personal favourite=)

haha no im light as hell (less then 140)

i have weird feet (wear kicks that fit from 7.5-11), but im assuming i want to get these snug/true fit?
any stores i should check out specifically to try it on? ill probably end up gettin it from the bay

as of now im gonna look at the asics but ill keep those nikes in mind

sportchek, if the sales associates know what they're doing. new balance store.. or running specialty stores..

champs and footlockers have some of the asics but you'll get a lot more variety in a running specialty store.

Just beat down a pair of Prestos on your trip. They're light as hell, fomfortable and look pretty dope too.

Get Ascis, you'll never go back.
If you don't want to spend that much get an Adidas Supernova, great performance for its price.

It really depends on your feet man.
To start off, get a blank white sheet of paper, wet your foot and walk on the sheet.
This shows a better understanding of your arch and what not...
from there, you can narrow down your choices in shoes...
from Cushioning shoes (high arch), Stability shoes and motion control shoes.

sounds good, ill be checking out running shoes this weekend at sporting life sherway probably, theres also a new balance not to far from my parents place

im gonna walk around in each shoe see how they feel

^^^ I just bought a pair of Asics Gel Kinseis from Sporting Life a few monthes back... amazinf for my slight pronation. Another place to consider would be anylocal Running Room... can't go wrong with some Brooks' Beasts @ $125 retail. Cheers and have a great trip.

yea im wearing brooks beast cuz i heard they were good for low/fat arches
but for flat arches, there are so many choices within asics and new balance.. or just get air max 360 from nike outlet lol

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

if you weigh over 215 pounds do not wear asics because the gel will compress a lot faster, just like cotton. check how your arches are though; i know people mention the asics kayano and kinsei's as the most comfortable shoes but one is designed for overpronators and the other for neutral footed/supinators.

nike zoom vomeros, nike air pegasus and nike air max moto 5 (all neutral) would be other considerations. nike edge trainer 08's are my personal favourite =)

Best post in here. I run in the Pegs and the Meros, and they're sick. The Edge Trainer is crazy light and breathable. I think the 08's come inwhite/blue and white/red. They're both nice. The best I can describe the Edge's cushioning is "squishy". You won't be disappointed if youscoop a pair

Back
Top Bottom