Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

A. That hit
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
, How can you say that about a dirty cheap shot.

Oregon fans
30t6p3b.gif
(The ones on NT are actually civil)

I was being facetious
ohwell.gif
I was actually worried about the kid after I saw the shot.
Emotions really don't translate well to the net, hence why sarcasm is always misinterpreted.

Your second point doesn't really help your argument either.

B. You cant act like Cal didnt fake injuries 4 times. That was the ONE time a Cal player was actually hurt, and if he had kept his head on a swivel it wouldnt have even been that bad.

Didn't know DB's have to look out for illegal screens.  I could understand this comment if it was a crackback block, but this clearly was not the case.

Eh, I dont feel like arguing, but I'm just gonna say that everyone should be looking for illegal blocks. I mean yeah, it shouldnt be that way, but everyone's out for blood these days
ohwell.gif

Tough loss for the Heels last weekend. Our WRs got dominated and our DBs got dominated. I thought that was the difference in the game. It just seemed like they wanted it more. Our Seniors gotta get a win tomorrow against NC State to ruin their season. 
Anyways, my trip to Arizona State was pretty dope. Scottsdale/Tempe is a cool area. Here's some pics from the game. We had sideline passes, which as a football fan was sick. They almost pulled off the upset, but got killed by penalties on Stanfords drive that ended up being the game winner. As for Andrew Luck, I really wasn't that impressed. He didn't really throw a lot of deep passes, but was pretty efficient. Seems like he knows how to win and close out games though. I'm definitely going to try and make it out there next year if my boy is still working for them. 

mail

Coach Dennis Erickson

mail

Sun Devil Stadium

mail

mail

Andrew Luck & Stanford Offense

mail

ASU Offense. #17 is a 6'8" QB.
laugh.gif

mail

Luck again...

mail

Tillman uni.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

mail

Tillman Tunnel where they run out of before games. 

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Hawaii joining MWC for football only. Rumors swirling right now that a TCU to the Big East announcement could come as soon as tomorrow. Gary Patterson is in Bristol to go on multiple ESPN TV and radio shows on Friday and is also going to Chicago to be on College Gameday on Saturday. There would not be a better time to make the announcement IMO.
30t6p3b.gif
The Big East does not need TCU. Now we have to accept their lousy basketball program and other sports.

I won't sit here and say that that pick was okay.

It's the BLATANT, MEDITATED faking of injuries. It's pathetic. Kelly was right to say that teams are waving the white flag and can't handle the pace and speed of Oregon.

laugh.gif
@ "Losers walk."

Might as well just mark the endzones with trash cans or some #*#@ too. And let somebody call All-Time QB...

If you pick a pass off and have a clear lane to the house.......uhhhh what are the rules for that one again? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Hawaii joining MWC for football only. Rumors swirling right now that a TCU to the Big East announcement could come as soon as tomorrow. Gary Patterson is in Bristol to go on multiple ESPN TV and radio shows on Friday and is also going to Chicago to be on College Gameday on Saturday. There would not be a better time to make the announcement IMO.
30t6p3b.gif
The Big East does not need TCU. Now we have to accept their lousy basketball program and other sports.
You know damn well the only thing that matters for conferences is football revenue. Basketball gets minor consideration, the other sports aren't even a concern except maybe for travel.

Originally Posted by CP1708

If you pick a pass off and have a clear lane to the house.......uhhhh what are the rules for that one again? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you can return it for a score in the east(?) end zone but only on punt returns and turnovers.

Originally Posted by tmay407

So now they're only gonna use one end zone for the Illinois/Northwestern game...
I saw that.  Another gimmick gone bad.  There's no reason to have a football game in that dump.

From a football only standpoint, the Big East needs TCU. But the Big East isn't a football conference so there within lies TCU's problem.

If I were TCU id see where the future of the conference lies before id join. Football only, no thanks.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If you pick a pass off and return it for a TD why would you run all the way through the endzone into the wall?

TCU needs to jump wherever they have a chance now. They arent getting a B12 invite. Nor an SEC one. And they won't get dragged along to the Pac10...

Originally Posted by Statis22

From a football only standpoint, the Big East needs TCU. But the Big East isn't a football conference so there within lies TCU's problem.
If they are going to stick with that MO then they need to drop their AQ status.  Which of course they wont because they will lose a ton of guaranteed money.  The Big East doesn't have a consistent top team, and the league has been mediocre for a couple of years now.

The Big East needs TCU more than TCU needs the Big East at this point.
If I were TCU id see where the future of the conference lies before id join. Football only, no thanks.
I don't see the Big East keeping it's AQ status if it doesn't add TCU.

Why are you so opposed to TCU joining on a football only basis?  It's obvious their other teams can't compete in the Big East, TCU will dominate the Big East in football.  They will automatically have the highest operating budget in the Big East.

The Big East doesn't need teams in other sports, however, it is hurting on the gridiron. 

Football only is the best for both parties.

TCU should get an out clause in case of future conference expansion.

I would love them for a football on any level. And if it means we get to keep our AQ.

I wouldn't be half as thrilled we add more teams for basketball...16 teams is already crazy and too much. But I know football is king.

Because basketball is first priority in the Big East. Always has been and always will be. Why sacrifice your whole athletic department for a conference that might go belly up in 4 or 5 years.

What happens when expansion rolls around again and the ACC takes West Virginia and the Big Ten takes Rutgers and Pitt? Where is TCU now?

Like I said, id see what the Big East plans are for the future, how the basketball schools plan on dealing with it, and it stance on if (when) schools leave due to expansion, what does it plan to do.

Don't be like BYU. That grass ain't always greener.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Because basketball is first priority in the Big East. Always has been and always will be. Why sacrifice your whole athletic department for a conference that might go belly up in 4 or 5 years.

What happens when expansion rolls around again and the ACC takes West Virginia and the Big Ten takes Rutgers and Pitt? Where is TCU now?

Like I said, id see what the Big East plans are for the future, how the basketball schools plan on dealing with it, and it stance on if (when) schools leave due to expansion, what does it plan to do.

The ACC will never take West Virginia, you can take that to the bank.

TCU can always incorporate an out clause if the Conference dissolves.

Just because the Big East is a well known basketball conference does not mean they can ignore Football.  The conference still holds AQ status and needs a relevant football program at the top, the only program within it's grasp is TCU.

Despite it's football success, even when conference expansion talks were heavy, there was no place for TCU or Boise State.  They were not going to get an invite to the Pac 12, Big Ten, SEC or ACC.  The Big XII and Big East were going to dissolve based on all the rumors, it didn't happen though, but the point is that TCU was still on the outside looking in.

TCU doesn't gain anything by sitting on it's laurels, if they hitch their wagon to the Big East they can win the conference and easily be considered for the NC game.  As it stands now, even if they are undefeated they will be skipped over by a 1 loss team.
The grass is greener though.  Sure, their comments were absurd, but staying in the MWC was doing them little to no favors.  BYU is still a household name, based on their accomplishments of the past.  Can they recapture that? Time will tell, but they weren't going to do it in the MWC and they knew it. 

Back
Top Bottom