Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Boise State and TCU both carved em up on the ground too.

I think they are who they are. Average. And their record shows for it.

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

What is the level of *disdain *hate *disrespect etc. for Boise on here.

I am not saying that it is above any other school in the nation but I feel like Boise doesn't get the respect that TCU or any other school in the nation with a 23 game win streak (no one) in the nation gets?

Lay out your arguments please...

Spoiler [+]
Well I think you already know why I can't stand you guys 
laugh.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

It wasn't just that we lost, but the way we lost. So many miscues and dumb mistakes, and then terrible playcalling at the end of the game. Add to that that we've lost to teams that eventually went on to play for a MNC three times in the past 6 years and there's a chance it could happen again this year, and I would have had a thing against whichever team we lost to in that game. 

I have a ton of respect for the coaching staff and how they run their offense and get the team to execute so well. They are one of the best, if not the best, coached teams in the country. That being said the reason they have that 23 game winning streak is because their conference is so weak. It's still very impressive but it's not the same as what Miami and USC did in the first half of the decade. Have they played and beaten some good teams? Yes, but they are not tested as often as they would be in other conferences, even the ACC (laugh all you want, the league does suck but it still presents much more of a challenge in the conference schedule than the WAC does. I wouldn't even argue that an undefeated ACC team should get an MNC shot over an undefeated Big 10 or SEC team this year unless the OOC schedule made up for the weakness of the league). 

Under the current system I would have a problem with an undefeated Boise or TCU playing for the MNC unless there are clearly no other worthy teams. If there were some sort of playoff I would have no problem at all with them being in it because they'd have to be tested against good teams multiple times rather than just once or twice a year. Until that happens though I don't think it's fair when one team has to beat LSU, South Carolina, Arkansas, Florida, Miss St, Tennesee, Mississippi and Auburn in conference in order to play for the title, and Boise would only have to beat Nevada, Fresno State, Hawaii, Utah State, Louisiana Tech, Idaho, New Mexico, San Jose State.

That doesn't make me "hate" Boise but I've felt that way for awhile now and I was hoping we could beat you guys and silence all the discussion about this. So in a way I just hate that we couldn't beat you and end the discussion rather than actually hating the team.
Cliffnotes: I don't like you guys because we lost to you.
laugh.gif

Respect given sir. Valid argument and I respect that. One argument is 3 undefeated regular seasons in 4 years if we win out this year. We need a chance. I honestly think we are better than Oregon and Auburn. Hate all you want but thats how I feel. Prove me wrong. Oregon D is whack, Auburn D is whacker....if thats a word.

who still spells wack with an "h".  that alone is reason for you hillbillies to keep it moving and leave our bcs alone.  go play in your A&W bowl.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by Statis22

Have you seen Oregon State's run D this year? I mean Wassu put up 2 bills on em. At least Cal is 10 in the nation in total defense.

Oregon's biggest game left is Zona and even that's in Autzen.

Oregon State also played tough games early in their season (TCU, Boise) and I truly think they're better than their record shows. Also, in a rivalry game, anything can happen. But we'll see.

Oregon State is worse than their record shows. esp without James Rodgers

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

What is the level of *disdain *hate *disrespect etc. for Boise on here.

I am not saying that it is above any other school in the nation but I feel like Boise doesn't get the respect that TCU or any other school in the nation with a 23 game win streak (no one) in the nation gets?

Lay out your arguments please...

Spoiler [+]
Well I think you already know why I can't stand you guys 
laugh.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

It wasn't just that we lost, but the way we lost. So many miscues and dumb mistakes, and then terrible playcalling at the end of the game. Add to that that we've lost to teams that eventually went on to play for a MNC three times in the past 6 years and there's a chance it could happen again this year, and I would have had a thing against whichever team we lost to in that game. 

I have a ton of respect for the coaching staff and how they run their offense and get the team to execute so well. They are one of the best, if not the best, coached teams in the country. That being said the reason they have that 23 game winning streak is because their conference is so weak. It's still very impressive but it's not the same as what Miami and USC did in the first half of the decade. Have they played and beaten some good teams? Yes, but they are not tested as often as they would be in other conferences, even the ACC (laugh all you want, the league does suck but it still presents much more of a challenge in the conference schedule than the WAC does. I wouldn't even argue that an undefeated ACC team should get an MNC shot over an undefeated Big 10 or SEC team this year unless the OOC schedule made up for the weakness of the league). 

Under the current system I would have a problem with an undefeated Boise or TCU playing for the MNC unless there are clearly no other worthy teams. If there were some sort of playoff I would have no problem at all with them being in it because they'd have to be tested against good teams multiple times rather than just once or twice a year. Until that happens though I don't think it's fair when one team has to beat LSU, South Carolina, Arkansas, Florida, Miss St, Tennesee, Mississippi and Auburn in conference in order to play for the title, and Boise would only have to beat Nevada, Fresno State, Hawaii, Utah State, Louisiana Tech, Idaho, New Mexico, San Jose State.

That doesn't make me "hate" Boise but I've felt that way for awhile now and I was hoping we could beat you guys and silence all the discussion about this. So in a way I just hate that we couldn't beat you and end the discussion rather than actually hating the team.
Cliffnotes: I don't like you guys because we lost to you.
laugh.gif

Respect given sir. Valid argument and I respect that. One argument is 3 undefeated regular seasons in 4 years if we win out this year. We need a chance. I honestly think we are better than Oregon and Auburn. Hate all you want but thats how I feel. Prove me wrong. Oregon D is whack, Auburn D is whacker....if thats a word.

who still spells wack with an "h".  that alone is reason for you hillbillies to keep it moving and leave our bcs alone.  go play in your A&W bowl.

College educated. Tend to spell slang words phonetically
eyes.gif

Nice drive to start the half by Michigan. Denard set the rushing record by a qb. I just don't want us to fold up this second half.

So, here's all the moving parts behind the UGA/Boise matchup...

-The group behind the Chick-fil-A Kickoff will pay Louisville $600K to cancel their 2 game series that was scheduled with UGA. Louisville will instead play UNC in 2011 and 2012.
-Boise's 2011 game with Ole Miss in Oxford is pushed to 2014, when it will be played in Atlanta on a Thursday night to open the season. Alabama will play an opponent TBD in Atlanta on that Saturday.
-Ole Miss will play BYU in Oxford next year instead of Boise.

As for the UGA/Boise game next year, they're dropping the 50/50 ticket split for this one. Boise gets 7500 tickets, the rest to UGA. Boise is getting paid $1.4 million, UGA $1.7 mil.

My liver hates Michigan football. It gets beat up worse than their D.

I hope someone gets fired from this staff. His name is Tony Gibson. He has a hot wife but knows nothing about defense. I hate him.

I dont like Greg Robinson either but when the majority of your secondary are freshman and sophomores you can't expect a lot.

Id expect them to at least play like they belong in division 1

[h4]Passing[/h4]

[table]Team Statistics: Passing for Wisconsin Badgers [tr][th="col"]Wisconsin Badgers[/th] [th="col"]Comp[/th] [th="col"]Att[/th] [th="col"]Yds[/th] [th="col"]Pct[/th] [th="col"]Y/A[/th] [th="col"]Sack[/th] [th="col"]YdsL[/th] [th="col"]TD[/th] [th="col"]Int[/th] [th="col"]Rating[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Scott Tolzien[/td][td]14[/td][td]15[/td][td]201[/td][td]93.3[/td][td]13.4[/td][td]1[/td][td]8[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td] [td]192.6[/td] [/tr][/table][table]
[tr][th="col"]
[/th][th="col"]
[/th][th="col"]
[/th][th="col"]
[/th][th="col"]
[/th][th="col"]
[/th][th="col"]
[/th][th="col"]
[/th][th="col"]
[/th][th="col"]
[/th][th="col"]
[/th][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]Rushing[/h4]
[table]Team Statistics: Rushing for Wisconsin Badgers [tr][th="col"]Wisconsin Badgers[/th] [th="col"]Rush[/th] [th="col"]Yds[/th] [th="col"]Avg[/th] [th="col"]Lng[/th] [th="col"]TD[/th] [th="col"]FumL[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Montee Ball[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]194[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]James White[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]161[/td] [td]7.7[/td] [td]61[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom