Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Notre Dame. 
laugh.gif
. I wish we've been cheating. 

Originally Posted by Noskey

Florida and VTech would be unsuspected? I could easily see them doing shady stuff constantly.
You couldn't be more wrong. We consistently lose guys to other schools because we don't do any of that stuff whatsoever. I know a lot of blind homers have that opinion about whatever team they root for, but in VT's case I'd bet my life on our current coaching staff being one of the cleanest in the country.And aside from the coaching staff we don't have major boosters like a lot of the traditional powerhouses (Texas, Florida, Bama, Oklahoma, etc) do to give kids jobs at car dealerships nor do we have hostesses for recruiting visits etc etc. The only incident I have ever heard of was Jimmy Williams getting money from a booster or agent (can't remember which)  the year before he got drafted. That and Branden Ore being a cocaine dealer
laugh.gif
I don't think the coaches knew about that though. 

RADIO HOST CLAIMS NEWTON WAS IN THE ROOM WHEN PAPA DISCUSSED MONEY
February 25th, 2011 ║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink ║ Tags: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Send This Story To A Friend
As expected, Huntsville radio host Scott Moore was back on the air this morning — this time with WNSP-FM 105.5 in Mobile — talking about the audio tapes he claims to have heard relating to Cam Newton.

In today’s interview, Moore reveals that the tapes he’s heard were made by former MSU players John Bond and Bill Bell. (Earlier today, we reported that the tapes Moore discussed yesterday were the much-rumored Kenny Rogers-owned tapes, mainly because he did not specify in the webclip available to us who had made the tapes. In referring today to the tapes made by Bond and Bell, it now appears that at least three different people — Bond, Bell and Rogers — possess tapes and text messages relating to Newton.)

In today’s interview, Moore makes the following claims:

1. Cam was in the room when Cecil asked Mississippi State for more money.

2. The NCAA has copies of some of the tapes.

3. Cecil reveals on one tape that he received a $200,000 offer from Tennessee but also said he’d give Mississippi State a $20,000 discount.

4. The NCAA is about to start looking into Auburn’s recruiting practices in Arkansas. (The NCAA was asking questions in Louisiana last week.)

5. An FBI agent told Bond that Cam will be a footnote in the bureau’s investigation and that the investigation into Colonial Bank will eventually be a problem for Auburn.

(Sidenote — Anybody else sick of this crap? The story? The rumors? The claims? The two-bit cowards who have tapes but refuse to release them? The stories that change from day to day? Good God in Heaven let us please go back to talking about football and basketball. Rant over. Feeling better now.)

Some questions:

First, why doesn’t Bond — the former MSU quarterback — stop giving radio interviews, teasing information and allowing others to hear his tapes and instead just release the ******* things?

“I heard bits and pieces of them back in September. I heard the rest of it in October and into November. And so, you know, uh, John Bond is a very good friend of mine. And the day John interviewed with the NCAA back in September he told me about it. And there’s another, I would say, several guys that John trusted and, uh, and went public. We sat down and let these guys hear the tapes. … And I’m sure those guys will end up coming out very, very soon as well with what they’ve heard. … I just spoke with John earlier today and HBO’s trying to get John to come out on HBO’s ‘Real Sports’ and, you know, put these tapes out on ‘Real Sports. And he’s been reluctant to do that because Mississippi State has said, ‘Hey, look, just kinda stay out of it.’

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by dreClark

R.I.P Boise St./Notre Dame/Penn st/Florida/Stanford/VT/... TCU?

But seriously, it's probably Illinois

Florida?
roll.gif

Since when are we unexpected? We pull in top 5 classes every year when Urban was here. You don't do that without "cheating".

To compete at the highest level rules are bent and broken. It's just the reality of the situation. That's why I don't care when schools get busted for 'cheating' or talk $+@@ about schools that get caught (except for the fact they were dumb enough to get caught). The fact is that most people that complain about this stuff don't have a right to because your favorite school does it too.

If we learned over the years, the most obscure school or player always come out in these matters.

I wouldn't be surprised if its a school west of the Mississippi. (I know mad broad lol)

Right now my guess would be Cal or Oklahoma State.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by dreClark

R.I.P Boise St./Notre Dame/Penn st/Florida/Stanford/VT/... TCU?

But seriously, it's probably Illinois

Florida?
roll.gif

Since when are we unexpected? We pull in top 5 classes every year when Urban was here. You don't do that without "cheating".

To compete at the highest level rules are bent and broken. It's just the reality of the situation. That's why I don't care when schools get busted for 'cheating' or talk $+@@ about schools that get caught (except for the fact they were dumb enough to get caught). The fact is that most people that complain about this stuff don't have a right to because your favorite school does it too.
because Urban Meyer is one of the most vocal coaches in all of this and leading the charge against cheating.

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

I give it by June that news will surface that Cam knew about the whole thing.

Let's be serious: every one already knows this. Evidence is the issue. A tape though? CamGate
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

Oklahoma State is possible.

Oregon is extra fishy to me too with some of the dudes they're dealing with in Texas...

Will be interesting to see if A&M regrets yanking his offer... He was supposedly an Aggie lean the whole way.

The Longhorns have also picked up commitments from Bryson Echols, Caleb Bluiett, and Paul Boyette Jr.

Hopefully Texas taking Boyette helps TAMU with Javonte Magee.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Statis22

Oklahoma State is possible.

Oregon is extra fishy to me too with some of the dudes they're dealing with in Texas...
you mad?? haha just playin

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

you mad?? haha just playin
laugh.gif
 Just cross your fingers and hope you stay in the clear... 

Chip does well in Texas, but it's no secret down here he's playing with fire with some of these kids...
Hopefully Texas taking Boyette helps TAMU with Javonte Magee.

They gotta be feeling good about him and Malcom Brown...

Back
Top Bottom