goodbye gilbert arenas??? wiz to offer 6yrs $100 million!!!

apparently gilbert has made the decision to opt out...i know this doesnt surprise anyone but is he really worth anything on the market??

i really can't think of any team out there that really needs him...maybe the knicks, 76ers, or grizzly but are they really gonna put up the money after hisshowcase in the playoffs

he will sign with the Wiz if Jamison remains with the team..he even said he would take a pay cut for him and Jamison to stay together....him opting out doesntmean he will leave the team...

A person I know, and you can take it for what its worth, says that Jamison won't stay with theteam if Gil resigns..

My-T.

Originally Posted by 2Guard

he will sign with the Wiz if Jamison remains with the team..he even said he would take a pay cut for him and Jamison to stay together....him opting out doesnt mean he will leave the team...
^^^^
yes i do know that because he opts out it doesnt mean he's going to leave but i think we all know the guy is gone

it was good while it lasted....like i said during his great season as he burned out towards the end..."the limelight aint for everybody" he had hisbest season in 06-07 and he wont ever repeat that sadly....guess all that hoopin down the farms caught up to him.....

whatever happen to that ican? LOL! i know it was talks and then the line went dead. LOL!

I think remaining with the Wiz would be the best move for him. This team w caron, antawn, and gil has great potential if they're all healthy.

Originally Posted by jupeezy

whatever happen to that ican? LOL! i know it was talks and then the line went dead. LOL!
never went dead, i just ended up doing other stuff....

as i should....

lol

i can dig it...i just remember having a convo about it....then the shoes showed up....and nothing LOL!

Originally Posted by LakersRock20901

I think remaining with the Wiz would be the best move for him. This team w caron, antawn, and gil has great potential if they're all healthy.
i agree. all 3 have yet to play together for a full 82 game season. imagine if the whole unit were healthy.

look at the december when gil had 60, everyone was healthy and they were on top of the east.
it would be like that and more (new and improved bench) if the wiz can stay together and healthy

To the left, to the left..............
Love it when he's healthy but son has been on allen houston/grant hill status for years now. I want to hope for the best & believe he'll make afull recovery but I hate gambling so its off with his head. I'd miss him if he left though, dude is comedy and Gil gets the parties "POPPIN."

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

A person I know, and you can take it for what its worth, says that Jamison won't stay with the team if Gil resigns..

My-T.
sorry but by "resign" do you mean if Gil signs again with the team or resign as in resignation / quits the team?

Originally Posted by jupeezy

i can dig it...i just remember having a convo about it....then the shoes showed up....and nothing LOL!

you mean...nothing you didnt know about lol....

FOR A FIRST hahahaha.

Grunfield wants to re-sign both, but Jamison will be first. And im guessing if he doesnt really have interest in Gil coming back, Eddie should take that intoconsideration, plus the fact that Arenas said he will only re-sign if Jamison does.

Caron and Jamison held us down the whole season, we just need to somehow someway finally get a TRUE big man.. get rid of that bum Haywood.

This team actually resembled a legit squad when Gil wasn't on the floor. For as much as he has done in DC, his act has gotten tired and old. Homie had allthe leverage in the world back when his knees where intact. Now, the ball (no pun) is in the Wizards court as far as what happens to #0.

Ernie Grunfeld ain't stupid. Everyone knows that the team was more cohesive this past season without having to deal with the Gilbert Arenas circus. Idon't like the fact that he is trying to call his shots by putting pressure on the organization to make various roster moves. The statement about himre-signing ONLY if Jamison is brought back isn't something that he should be speaking on in the first place. This guy constantly speaks out of both sidesof his mouth, and is ALWAYS contradicting himself in order to have the spotlight solely on him. He's an attention grabber who would be better suitedplaying in Los Angeles. Let's get a S&T together and see what we can get in return. If it's possible, maybe come up with something whereGil/Blatche are shipped out for Elton Brand and someone else on that roster.

Re-signing Jamison is a must, and doing this shoule have little to no-bearing on whether or not Gil is going to be brought back. We're a better teamwithout him, and the Big 3 needs to be altered. Get a true pass-first PG here in DC and build the team around CB3.

*On a side note, is anyone worried about Todd's production slipping once Etan Thomas is cleared to play? Todd REALLY stepped up this season, and it was nocoincidence that it was due to the fact that Etan was in street clothes for the whole year. That's another side story which doesn't need to be repeatedin 08-09. Again, Ernie Grunfeld ain't stupid, and i'm sure he realizes this as well...

Originally Posted by jamespiritu

MyTsharp wrote:

A person I know, and you can take it for what its worth, says that Jamison won't stay with the
team if Gil resigns..

My-T.

sorry but by "resign" do you mean if Gil signs again with the team or resign as in resignation / quits the team?

Sorry.

Re-sign.

He won't stay if Gil stays.

My-T.

Back
Top Bottom