goodbye gilbert arenas??? wiz to offer 6yrs $100 million!!!

we just need to somehow someway finally get a TRUE big man.. get rid of that bum Haywood.

Juice I'm sorry but bamma please.

I was under the same conclusion that the team needed a new big man, but who are they going to getthat's :

1)Better than Haywood
2)Cheaper than Haywood

Brendan had a career year last year with 12 pts. and 7 rebounds a game, and the only Center that shoots better free throws than him is Ilgauskus. I think EddieJordan needs to make him an option in the offense to at least get him to the line more often, but the biggest issue was and always has been Haywood'shealth. If he can play 75-82 games like he did this year, I think he can be much better in the Wiz's offense.

As far as Gil is concerned. I think he can be let go, with a major knee surgery I don't think he'll ever be as explosive as he was in the 2006 seasonand its obvious that the team can perform with him. They should look into signing Monta Ellis or Jose Calderon out of Toronto as a dependable point guard withAntonio Daniels continuing to be a backup or share starts. But they definitely need someone to push and distribute the ball. This league shows that veteranleadership wins championship, but I'm a firm believer of building up a team with young talent. DJ Augustin or Chris Lofton out of Tennessee would be a goodchoice in the draft.

I need a sports blog word to Wilbon, I could talk basketball all day.

My-T.

but I'm a firm believer of building up a team with young talent. DJ Augustin or Chris Lofton out of Tennessee would be a good choice in the draft.

eek.gif

If we waste a pick on Chris Lofton the whole front office should go eat some tomatoes from McDonalds....you can't put Augustin and Lofton in the samesentence...Augustin/Lawson...Lawson/Chalmers...Lofton just don't fit in that equation...

gil will probably get his max deal; either here or elsewhere... is it good for the wizards franchise if he leaves? i think not...i always say as a fan, thewiz are missing something. i dont know exactly what it is, but something isnt there. its not the coach, so we can throw that discussion out the window. easyeddie j has been to the playoffs, four more years than wes, jim lynam, bickerstaff, gar heard, leonard hamilton, doug collins and whoever else wasposing...

I agree Haywood had his best year this past season.. he was great at the FT line and field goal % was top of the league. With the absence of Etan he was ableto get more time and he stayed healthy. I would love to keep him if he gets more aggresive.

Arenas can def. be let go... we proved that we are a better team without him.. and I dont know about yall but I love Mason and Young. And if we could do asign/trade would be awesome because I really dont want him to just go away without us getting anything in return.

I also agree pickin up a SOLID veteran would be a smart choice to bring some experience come playoff time.

This team actually resembled a legit squad when Gil wasn't on the floor. For as much as he has done in DC, his act has gotten tired and old. Homie had all the leverage in the world back when his knees where intact. Now, the ball (no pun) is in the Wizards court as far as what happens to #0.

Preach choir!!

is elton brand the answer?? he might be damaged goods at this point... i co-sign Q46, just not the player

yea elton is washed up LOL! thats why nobody has brought his name up really on the free agent market....the front office needs to do something...especially ifgil does end up leaving...

Even with 1 bad achillies Elton is better than any low post player the Wiz currently have

What the Wiz need 2 do is:

1. Get a low post player, actually get a few while your at
2. Play McGuire and Nick Young more next year
3. Replace Gil with a SG and move DeShawn "You Can't See Me" Stevenson to the bench and tell Deshawn to be more consistent
4. Get a pass first PG to either start or come off the bench behind and learn from Antonio Daniels
5. Put Eddie Jordan on a short leash and tell him to work on his rotations

you forgot #6....implement an offense...and get rid of that "guard around" bull they try and pass as an offensive set. LOL!

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

A person I know, and you can take it for what its worth, says that Jamison won't stay with the team if Gil resigns..

My-T.

I heard this same thing last week... which is the reason Gil said what he did to the Media, as if to turn it around on the Wiz... when in actualityhe's playin Gil Games....

Smart, but dumb for opting out at what he makes a year and a Team willing to break its bank or make a major dent in their Cap signing him.

he know aint nobody gonna give him max at this point...he needs to be happy with the 12 he already gets a year...ur not gonna be the same player just take whatu getting now and go back out and play like u should....

Brendon AmechieWood will have his game go back down once Etan comes back. He was more relaxed because he didn't have to worry about Etan getting hisminutes OR punching him in the face during practice. lol

It is true, they can't find anyone Cheaper but are they paying Brendon big money MyT? I hope not. And yeah... Gil may not even get his original amount fromthe Wiz if no one else signs him.

I say go to Toronto Gil and shoot ALL you want. He needs the Warriors now more than ever with that Shoot first mentality.

word is he signed a multi-year deal Monday....check your favorite sports page or website for updates...

c'mon now it was a little obvious that gil0 was goin 2 stay with d.c he wouldnt look rigth with any other team

c'mon now it was a little obvious that gil0 was goin 2 stay with d.c he wouldnt look rigth with any other team

And Jamison is staying, too. Let's stay healthy fellas. Also, hopefully our rookie McGee isn't too bad.

Ok....

So you have Gil... and Jamison for 4 years.... That makes Jamison scheduled to be here thru his 50's cause he looks about 45 now. Caron's deal is upwhen?

Then you have.......?

Oh yeah.. that guy who calls himself the Lebron Stopper and a "potential" perrenial All Star at his position which is.....? Oh yeah.. he sits backdown when Gil comes back right?

These guys (The Wiz) are going to be the same Team they are every year. If they had 12 Etan Thomas' they would be in the finals every year.

But as long as are called the Wizards and owned by Abe Pollin they will be a team that doesn't go far into the Playoffs. At least they are making it to the1st round consistently now. lol

I know I know.. Pee on the Parade... but I feel about the ******** the way you all feel about the Wiz-ARDS..... so keep hope alive but come back toEarth....lol

Hey you can always know you will be in the Anals of History as being the Team to Draft Kwame Brown ...ESPN #1 pick as the biggest #1 Bust....and a team who isgood for transitioning Players into better players to go to other teams and Win Chips....or land Big Contracts..

These guys (The Wiz) are going to be the same Team they are every year.

Bro, I couldn't agree w. you more....we're going to be the same 40-45 win team that we have grown accustomed to watching over the year. None of thesesignings will put us over the hump. It's going to be a big year for free agency in 09', and I don't think we are going to have the $ to do anythingto bolster our lineup, or at least until Etan and AD come off the books. We are still soft as baby poo, and there wasn't anything done about making ourinterior D any better. On top of it all, I have a feeling that Todd is going to regress with Etan back in the fold. It just seems like we have grown to acceptbeing mediocre. Same roster = no success in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom