Google Android Market Apps

Okay I know I'm not the only one on NT who has switched over to an Android device...so what apps are yall using?

Right now I have:

Facebook
Twidroid
Flixter
Google Sky Maps
Handcent (occasionally)
Pandora

twidroid
pimp.gif

Pandora
Facebook app
"Listen" by google
stopwatch (i time my lunch`s to make sure im not late)
Ringdroid
ASTRO file manager
PDF Viewer (im on a g1 and this wasnt included originally....rooted only)
google goggles (useless really)
express news
mobile backup
sherpa
places directory
visual voicemail (tmobile)
the weather channel app

Shazam was cool at first, like alot of other apps, but i rarely use stuff like that anyway.

Facebook
pandora
advanced task killer
droid light
nba game time
live scores
paypal
weather channel
iMusic
pimp.gif
(Limewire for phone)

iMusic FTW upgraded iMusic Tao...nothing different, just stick to iMusic
and SnesOID and GameBoid are great to kill time worth the 5 bucks

Soooo this imusic app is better than Music online lite?
nerd.gif

Ohh and for OP, barcode scanner or shopsavvy are useful, where can be clutch too

imusic
pandora
google maps
gmob chat
facebook
shazam
my account
backgrounds
ak notepad
ASTRO file manager
dolphin browser
fx camera
sms popup
sms backup
weaterbug
wireless tether

For those of you with task managers, I saw this on an Android forum....

YOU ARE NOT USING A WINDOWS DEVICE

That is important. Many folks, including myself, come to our beloved hero from a WinMo world where killing apps affected performance in a big way. With one caveat this is not the case with Android. The caveat is this: Some applications do not sleep properly or can have memory leaks and that is where having a task killer comes in handy. Outside of the rare case of misbehaving apps the day to day use of a task killer is pretty much a waste of your time.

The second point I want to make is that your reported free memory is not accurate. Not a single task killer on the marketplace properly reports usable memory for your device. Remember the first point? The one in bold? Good. That's why you don't see accurate reporting of free memory on your device. Your Sprint Hero is a Linux based device and is designed to multitask unlike WinMo and the iPhone. One of the ways Linux speeds up multitaksing is to eat all the memory that it can at any given in time. It stores as much as it can of any process in memory so it can be accessed faster for you. This leads to it appearing that you have a very low amount of free memory when in reality you do not. Bits are unloaded whenever anything else is called and that happens at the same speed as it would if the memory were technically empty.

If a process isn't actively using the CPU then it isn't affecting your battery or degrading your performance. Unlike WinMo a long list of running tasks doesn't mean much on Android. The apps that are actively using the CPU are sleeping. They have resident bits in RAM and only the bare minimum needed to keep them alive isn't swapped in and out of memory. A sleeping app is not accessing RAM, CPU, or network. It can run in the background for days without having any affect on performance. So the list of "running" apps you see with a task killer isn't a list of active apps but rather apps waiting patiently and being behaved until you need them and then they can snap right into being active for you.
I used to have a task manager but I deleted it...phone has worked just fine without it.

And what is ringdroid all about?

posting for later ...that other thread is too ridiculous to keep up with...and hereeeeeee you go.....your welcome!
http://search.4shared.com...rchmode=2&searchName=apk
before you use this ...get ASTRO FILE MANAGER AND APPLICATION INSTALLER.You can download from the comp , then open with APP installer , or download straight from phone..and that clock , I beleive is called the htc clock widget.Got it on my g1

The best radio app for Android is by far Slacker Radio..I used Pandora and all the others and Slacker is great...They use old music, new music, and a lot of times they put mixtape singles on there

chompsms
acontacts
Aldiko
appbrain
dolphin
Shazaam
Uno

cant go wrong with any of these.......App killer does work...Battery Life on the Moment is TERRIBLE......I can imagine what all these 4g phones are gonna be like....that is all

bodyfitness
photobucket
skyfire
Sticky note
chess (games)
world war (games) add me: K5K24A
iMobsters (games) add me: CE7KE4

let me add I hate my G1, my touch screen barely works now and the problems I'm having with this phone is crazy.

the apps are useless if my battery life only lasts less than an hour
mad.gif

/rant

Handcent (Best SMS app)
Movies
Last.fm
Engadget
TV.com
Ringdroid (lets you cut mp3 songs on your phone to make ringtones)
Boondocks (comic strip)
ACV (comic book reader)
MSN droid
Jewels
Robot Defender
Chess
Checkers
Yellow Book
Some Tron looking game
Advanced Task Killer
Google Sky
Barcode Scanner
Niketalk jk

what games do you guys recommend?  So far I have:
Abduction!
PapaStack
Shoot U
Blow Up
Sliding Puzzle
Basketball
Toss It

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

what games do you guys recommend?  So far I have:
Abduction!
PapaStack
Shoot U
Blow Up
Sliding Puzzle
Basketball
Toss It

Replica Island is pretty fun. Hard to play on the Incredible do to the optical mouse
35441-2.jpg

...I was kidding about the NT app my bad
laugh.gif

I rooted my droid so not all of these apps will apply to everyone. Here is what I have.

Absolute fitness
Adfree
Advanced Task Killer
AK Notepad
Anytime pool
APKtor
Armageddon Squadron
Asphalt 5
Astro
Barcode Scanner
Baseball Superstars 2009
Beatdown Boxing
Beautiful Widgets
Beyondpod
Blapk Market
Callfilter
Colorix
Droid Life
EXZeus
Fandango
Fishin' 2 GO
FlngTap Done
Flyscreen
Game Time (NBA)
GameBoid
Gangstar 2: Kings of LA
Gensoid Lite
Google Voice
Gymbook
HomeRun Derby 3D
iheartradio
Last.Fm
League Pass (NBA)
Light Racer 3D
LVH 3.6
Google Maps
Mens Health
MinFreeManager
MLB.Com At Bat 2010
Mobile Defense
Movies
Music Online
Nesoid
NYC Bus & Subway maps
Pandora - Ad Free version
Phonemypc
Pinball
Radiant
Raging Thunder 2
Ringo Pro
Rom Manager Premium
Root Explorer
SetCPU
Sex Positions Game: Couples Edition
Sky Force Reloaded
Skyfire
Slacker
SNesoid
SportsTap
Swype
TempMonitor
Texas Hold'em Online
Titanium Backup
Truth or Dare: Couples
TVApp
Twidroid Pro
Uno
WPT TEXAS HOLD 'EM
WuzhenhuaPlayer
XGalaxy 2
xScope
ZAGAT '10

That's just whats installed. Ton of others.

Recommended apps

Skyfire - Flash is sick
HomeRunDerby 3D - Addicting, quick Online Play
ExZeus-Great Graphics, Fun Challenging, Good sound. Who doesn't like Robotech Style
Rom Manager Premium- Easy way to flash different roms. Changing the look and functionality of the phone
Pandora Ad Free Version - Great for music
WuzhenhuaPlayer - This player is like a mobile version of vlc media player. No need to hassle converting. Doesn't always display full screen. UI needs improvement
Xscope- Currently the best browser on Android. Tabs, speed, built in task manager
ZAGAT 10' - To answer the eternal question. What am I going to eat. Great for last minute dates also.
Nesoid - Probably the best emulator because you don't need to use that many buttons. Mike Tyson Punchout on the Go.
MLB At Bat - Listen to games / watch highlights....But, why no streaming games
NBA League Pass - Love the highlights

Originally Posted by omgitswes

...I was kidding about the NT app my bad
laugh.gif

BUT, if you do save NT as a favorites and put it on a homescreen, it does have the NT symbol, instead of the redbox with a star in it.
pimp.gif

Apps:
Shapewriter- It's a great keyboard; basically swype
facebook
photo fx

games:
memory trainer
falling ball

Back
Top Bottom