google slams rapgenius.com

Hit them with that Kindergarten teacher back of the lunch line for talking 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

**** Google, they're screwing everything up just to make their shareholders happy.

rapgenius was hitting up different blog sites and asked them to post links to rapgenius w/ justin beiber's new lyrics in trade for a tweet from rapgenius.
laugh.gif

http://techcrunch.com/2013/12/25/google-rap-genius/
yup, cant blame google for sending a message by doing this. they are trying to improve the quality of their searches and rapgenius working to get "unearned hits" messes with the google algorithms, this happens to a lot of websites/companies rapgenius is just one of the more popular ones

Wait..... A company doing things to make more money, and benefit? Deer god

How are they making money by axing off one of the most popular sites in the young demographic?

They're literally getting rid of sites that practice deceptive tactics which benefits the user......who aint paying **** for it.

Black Hat SEO.

At least Google was kind enough to lower their rank and not completely remove them.

I noticed this a few days ago and thought that Rap Genius got shut down or something. I rely on Google so much that I was too lazy to type in the actual Rap Genius URL and search what I was looking for, so I said **** it I'll just use this other Google link... :smh: Bum *** Metro Lyrics or something like that :lol:

Didn't rapgenius just get a 15 MILLION $ investment from angel investors? They'll be aight.

**** Google, they're screwing everything up just to make their shareholders happy.
How are they screwing everything up?  All you have to do is use another search engine like Bing.
They're literally getting rid of sites that practice deceptive tactics which benefits the user......who aint paying **** for it.
Doesn't benefit users in the long run.  Rap Genius is basically trying to put a choke hold on lyric sites.  If you come out with a better, refined version of Rap Genius, you're not gonna get traffic from Google because Rap Genius is exploiting them to keep their site at the top of page 1.  Same goes for other businesses.  Can you imagine a company that sells fake prescription drugs being the first search result on Google because they're paying off blogs to post their links?
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom