GOOGLE VOICE... is it too good to be true?

I've been doin a little research on this whole google voice thing...

and i have to say... this may be the greatest thing of all time... i mean... can anyone please explain any downsides to this... like...

i'm blown away still...

my mind got to goin 100 miles an hour... like... could i cop a side kick... and just get the sidekick plan... and have the google voice to hold down my voicecalls..?

or better yet... an iphone w/ the go-phone hack, and pay for the internet i use... ???

i'm so confused... i need to know if this thing is cool cuz i got an invite... and .... i just dont know what to do!!! this thing has potential to beGREAT!!!

eek.gif

So you're not going to tell us what it is... just how great it is.

indifferent.gif

GV just forwards calls to your number. You still need a working number to recieve calls.

that is not how it works

google voice acts as middle man in phone calls

lets say you have a friend a guy name Bob and another guy named Mark

Bob wants to call Mark, and Mark has a google voice number

Bob dials Mark's google voice number, this is how the phone call will Work

Bob >>>>Google Voice>>>>>Verizon>>>>>>Mark

Bob basically calls google, google forwards the call to verizon which is marks service provider, then goes to marks phone (goes for text messages as well)

Google voice is free btw

So you need a service provider, Heres what People are doing to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS!

Verizon and ATT recently started to offer free UNLIMITED calls to 10 people (verizon) 5 people (ATT) on any network, its basically T-mobile 5 faves

That means Mark can choose his mom, his home, Bob and up to 10 people to call for free since hes on verizon

instead of choose 10 people, he chooses 1 number as his Google Voice Number

So if Bob calls mark again, hes calling his google voice number, and Mark is using verizon to talk to Google voice, which Mark has UNLIMITED minutes withANYONE who calls his google voice number

that may be confusing for many of you, but you guys should take advantage of it

IF YOU WANT FREE UNLIMITED MINUTES^

son explained it to the tee...

soooooo....

is this somethin that i could simply love w/ my heart mind and soul?...

Honestly google has so many probolems that people dont even know about that amazing. Google Docs is amazing as well

I have it right now... and I don't understand it completely... because basically it re routes my calls to my cellphone.. but idk if sprint charges me forthose phone calls being made.

also there is a downside.. you know how google can put ur voicemails into text

there was an article on how its a tarp and they could listen to ur convos... and why would they give it for free?

^^^

nice avatar, family.... them some tiggo bitties... is that off a flick or somethin?....

and tarp, smarp... i'm gunnin for the lowest family plan so i can get my mom dukes and brother on it... and just do straight google voice all daaaaay....

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

that is not how it works

google voice acts as middle man in phone calls

lets say you have a friend a guy name Bob and another guy named Mark

Bob wants to call Mark, and Mark has a google voice number

Bob dials Mark's google voice number, this is how the phone call will Work

Bob >>>>Google Voice>>>>>Verizon>>>>>>Mark

Bob basically calls google, google forwards the call to verizon which is marks service provider, then goes to marks phone (goes for text messages as well)

Google voice is free btw

So you need a service provider, Heres what People are doing to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS!

Verizon and ATT recently started to offer free UNLIMITED calls to 10 people (verizon) 5 people (ATT) on any network, its basically T-mobile 5 faves

That means Mark can choose his mom, his home, Bob and up to 10 people to call for free since hes on verizon

instead of choose 10 people, he chooses 1 number as his Google Voice Number

So if Bob calls mark again, hes calling his google voice number, and Mark is using verizon to talk to Google voice, which Mark has UNLIMITED minutes with ANYONE who calls his google voice number

that may be confusing for many of you, but you guys should take advantage of it

IF YOU WANT FREE UNLIMITED MINUTES^
2w24r3l.jpg

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Honestly google has so many probolems that people dont even know about that amazing. Google Docs is amazing as well
Are you praising Google or not?

Originally Posted by Much Respected

Google Voice still uses your minutes.

Not if you have the google voice number as one of your "faves" or in your circle. Unlimited calling FTW!

Originally Posted by steven42lh

Originally Posted by Much Respected

Google Voice still uses your minutes.

Not if you have the google voice number as one of your "faves" or in your circle. Unlimited calling FTW!
True, but they're patching this soon.

Um, Sprint already offers unlimited minutes, text, data, GPS, etc. for $70.

Back
Top Bottom