Got Scammed on eBay on Gift Cards - Paypal Sucks

Man I need to vent.  I sold 3 iTunes gift cards on eBay to 3 separate buyers for a total of $150.  All 3 requested electronic codes and I sent them after payment and they all replied back saying thanks got them.  I even attached images of the gift cards to eBay messages where I sent them the code.  Then couple days go by and I get unauthorized transaction disputes on Paypal.  Just lost all three.  Paypal says it's not covered.  

I know I was dumb by e-mailing the code and wanted to warn others never to do it.  Ok rant over (maybe).  

you are always supposed to mail them in with tracking...
Yea I know now, and the lady at PayPal said even if I had mailed it in 2 people filed chargebacks and they wouldn't reverse it b/c gift cards are not covered by seller protection period..

**** ebay.
Yea man 100% they charge 10% fees and then when sellers get scammed they are like "better luck next time."  SMFH 
tired.gif

Their system is setup stupidly IMO, so many people get scammed and lose money it's wild.

you are always supposed to mail them in with tracking...
Yea I know now, and the lady at PayPal said even if I had mailed it in 2 people filed chargebacks and they wouldn't reverse it b/c gift cards are not covered by seller protection period..

filed chargebacks? lol

all they could have done was filed a claim as they didnt receive they would have won

thats why i rarely sell to anyone anymore. Hell even the shoes i have for sale im scared to sell to people on here. crooked *** people everywhere. cant trust no one these days. sad as hell

Geeze, is it me or are buyers more shady now than ever?
Super shady buyers.  I was selling some concords and the guy told me that he would only buy if i changed my return policy to 7 days, so he could take it to his fnl and verify (even though I had receipt).  I replied back that's fine but I will take pics of the inside barcode to make sure I got my same shoes back.  Never heard from him again lol. 

thats why i rarely sell to anyone anymore. Hell even the shoes i have for sale im scared to sell to people on here. crooked *** people everywhere. cant trust no one these days. sad as hell
I mean 2 of the gift cards were for $25, the other $100.  Like how sad must your life be that you scam someone for $25.  Karma's worth more than that.   

Geeze, is it me or are buyers more shady now than ever?
Super shady buyers.  I was selling some concords and the guy told me that he would only buy if i changed my return policy to 7 days, so he could take it to his fnl and verify (even though I had receipt).  I replied back that's fine but I will take pics of the inside barcode to make sure I got my same shoes back.  Never heard from him again lol. 

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Ebay is not a safe place for seller anymore.

Seller will never win in any given situation with ebay and paypal.

Buyer can claim you sent a pair of old shoe = scammed

Buyer will dispute and return the item yet the buyer will send you a box full of rocks! = scammed.

and many more.

Aren't there legit websites that buy gift cards? You might get less, but at least you wouldn't have to worry about any bs.

There's a ton of people on ebay who buy stuff, and don't pay.
They'll message asking when the item will arrive,
They're hoping that you'll send the item before they pay.

This is why you should buy all your postage thru EBAY / PAYPAL

Back
Top Bottom