got the red halos of death today

I bought this bad boy back in '07, and while everyone's was breaking down, mine stayed strong. However, at 12:32 AM EST early this morning, the Xbox 360 had its last start up.

Has anyone bought the newer Xbox and is it worth repairing this one? I don't have the original receipt of when I bought it, so am I not elegible for a free repair?

I bought this bad boy back in '07, and while everyone's was breaking down, mine stayed strong. However, at 12:32 AM EST early this morning, the Xbox 360 had its last start up.

Has anyone bought the newer Xbox and is it worth repairing this one? I don't have the original receipt of when I bought it, so am I not elegible for a free repair?

Man red rings suck. Try calling the customers service and asking about the free repair my friend didnt have a receipt either but he still got a free repair.

Man red rings suck. Try calling the customers service and asking about the free repair my friend didnt have a receipt either but he still got a free repair.

you might still be eligible, the rrod warranty i believe lasts up to 3 years after the manufacture date, which should be seen on the back of the xbox, or on the box itself.  if not, the repair cost is about $100 or $120, i forgot which.  it happened to me about 3 weeks ago, and i bought a ps3 last week lol, but im gonna buy the new xbox in a few months

you might still be eligible, the rrod warranty i believe lasts up to 3 years after the manufacture date, which should be seen on the back of the xbox, or on the box itself.  if not, the repair cost is about $100 or $120, i forgot which.  it happened to me about 3 weeks ago, and i bought a ps3 last week lol, but im gonna buy the new xbox in a few months

Isn't 3 years the expiration date for free repairs? Hopefully not. The slim looks so sick though

Isn't 3 years the expiration date for free repairs? Hopefully not. The slim looks so sick though

Here's a tip for you.

Whenever this happens to anyone of my friends they just purchase a new one, switch all the tabs from the old to the new and vice versa.

Return the so called "new" system and get your money back.

Good Luck fam.

Here's a tip for you.

Whenever this happens to anyone of my friends they just purchase a new one, switch all the tabs from the old to the new and vice versa.

Good Luck fam.

Originally Posted by ALDY

Here's a tip for you.

Buy a PS3
Good Luck fam.

Originally Posted by ALDY

Here's a tip for you.

Buy a PS3
Good Luck fam.

hell... i just bought an xbox bout 4 months ago for 300..paid another 100 for wireless crap..then BAM.!!new slim xbox for 300 and old one drop to 250!FUUUUUUUUU!...i was heated..sold the xbox and copped the ps3...satisfied now...

hell... i just bought an xbox bout 4 months ago for 300..paid another 100 for wireless crap..then BAM.!!new slim xbox for 300 and old one drop to 250!FUUUUUUUUU!...i was heated..sold the xbox and copped the ps3...satisfied now...

Just making sure -

If you get the 3 rings of death, it doesn't matter if it's out of warranty right? And do I just send them just the Xbox in a box?

And now the Xbox Support page where I'm submitting the repair request is frozen. Should have seen that one coming.
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom