GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

Less than a year away from graduating with my Doctorate in Physical Therapy. Currently on my first clinical rotation :Hat

Planning on taking the GRE in November to get back in school by next fall. By then it will have been 2 years since I graduated. Unsatisfied with my undergrad and finding employment is damn near impossible right now. Props to everyone doing what they have to do to make it!

I start my MBA program next month :pimp:

Its a cohort program and I'll be taking 1 class over a period of 8 weeks. Take a month break, then on to another course with the same people I started with. 27 month program.

This is perfect for me since I'm in commercial banking and work full time (sometimes more than 40 hours a week).

Man... I hear our career center is dopeness...

I'm going to take my resume in and apply for some jobs...

I'm making nice cake working Parr time...

Can't take less than $45k...

Check this out deaux ...

I'm in class, and me and 3 people decide to all take the online teat at once...

This 4th chick calls us up and asks to join. So I'm like cool. She even says "I have last years tests so I can help some"

She also asks me to send her screenshots of the questions she doesn't have. I'm like cool.

I make a 90... send her screens of the ones she didn't have, and its all good.

I come back and ask her for next weeks test and ill send it to the group so we will all have it....

She tells me she doesn't feel comfortable for everyone to have them and want me to keep.them too myself. :stoneface: :stoneface:

Right after WE gave her answers... :stoneface: :stoneface:

I am trying to help my bro land a entry level microbiology job

any suggestions on how to approach this, like can you recommend a temp agency or website for microbiology careers preferably entry level ?

:nerd:

just finished my first semeser... think i pulled a 4.0 off... :pimp: :pimp:

i was talking to a dude in my class... homey had a financial analyst job at wells fargo pullin in 64 at 23 years old....

i was like :x :x ... asked how he got there so fast...

and he told me internships... raise the gpa and get internships...

the only thing that held me back in undergrad was the fact that my GPA was trash... but now that i'm rolling in grad school... i might be able to get into something decent...

Masters of Public Administration in 2007. Took the GRE and LSAT

I was straight classroom, not really a fan of the online classroom. I feel as though im not discipline and focus enough for it.

With my job, it helped my writing increase when I complete reports for court, it also is giving me that extra substitution for experience that I may lack of when it comes to promotion/move up the career ladder. However, with any govt job, as long as you have a Masters degree you are good. Plus that higher pay grade and step is :smokin :smokin :smokin

any engineers graduates here that graduated with bachelors with low gpa??

I had a 2.6 GPA when I graduated undergrad in Electrical Engineering. I am now heading into my final semester for my Masters in Electrical Engineering. It can be done. I had to take out student loans for the first semester due to my low undergrad GPA. I got a 3.6 GPA after my first semester of grad school and was able to get my tuition fully paid + stipend since.

All in A's in my classes to finish up...I really enjoyed my first semester. 

pimp.gif

Much different than undergrad with the workload and such...I worked on an action research project with 2 other members and it was a ton of work, but I needed the experience. Becoming a librarian is definitely something I see myself enjoying for a career...
pimp.gif

I just want to make a preemptive toast to all 1st year grads for making it through the semester. I got finals next week so i'm still in the trenches but I don't think i've ever been as stressed as I have been for this semester.

Cheers.

I had a 2.6 GPA when I graduated undergrad in Electrical Engineering. I am now heading into my final semester for my Masters in Electrical Engineering. It can be done. I had to take out student loans for the first semester due to my low undergrad GPA. I got a 3.6 GPA after my first semester of grad school and was able to get my tuition fully paid + stipend since.
how did you go about doing this?

my undergrad gpa was similar to yours... now that i did well my first semester, i'm looking for da moneyz...

hey fellow nt i just recently attended a affair at nyu for their nyu scps this past tuesday it was cool and very informative im thinking about doing my masters in global affairs with them. i just recently graduated about a year and half ago from john jay college with a b.s. in political science.

either way my question to you fellow nt is has anyone ever done there master at this particular school at nyu?

this would be the first time i will be seeking loans from bank or the federal government my 2nd question to u guys is how did u guys go about your loans and what not what are good banks that you would recommend to look at that offer good interest rats

[COLOR=#red]The undergrad major for Petroleum Engineering and Petroleum Geology makes between $75k to $90k from the major schools (UT and Texas A&M). That's not including the signing bonuses. I'm going for my Masters in the field. Oil is where the money is. [/COLOR]

my little brother was an aggie

i wanna get in on the oil grind

ill look at it

Finished my first semester. Alot more time consuming than I expected, but I should make all A's this semester.

So at work, income across a high up guy at Ernst and young. We chop it up and I let him know where I'm at as far school.

Long story short, he gives me his email and tells me to email him because they have internships on the finance side... I'm like cooool..

So I send him my resume and he says its incomplete... he needs my GPA to go along with it...

I'm like damb... my GPA was straight up bad in undergrad... and even though I'm doing well with a good start in grad school (4.0) my under grad is a 2.75...

Should I just put my major coursework GPA (3.1) next to my undergrad degree? Or put the 2.75 and cross my fingers.

So at work, income across a high up guy at Ernst and young. We chop it up and I let him know where I'm at as far school.

Long story short, he gives me his email and tells me to email him because they have internships on the finance side... I'm like cooool..

So I send him my resume and he says its incomplete... he needs my GPA to go along with it...

I'm like damb... my GPA was straight up bad in undergrad... and even though I'm doing well with a good start in grad school (4.0) my under grad is a 2.75...

Should I just put my major coursework GPA (3.1) next to my undergrad degree? Or put the 2.75 and cross my fingers.
Use the major GPA (3.1) .... that's what they are looking for.

They will probably assume your total GPA is higher as a lot of students ace their prereqs

Last edited:
Man I'm heading back to school to clean up my GPA, originally got my BA in psychology and looking into getting into some therapy work. I've gotten experience so far since I work with mentally and physically abused kids, pretty much a level before mental hospital. Been looking at online programs and a lot of them don't require a GRE at all. What's the consensus with online programs now? I know before they were laughed at but now how are they viewed?

Looking at GMAT questions and JESUS christ, I dont know any of this crap, prob because I`m just randomly looking.

Do these Study guides go over the fundamentals or just example test questions?

What are must have things to have to prep? Best Study guide?

Back
Top Bottom