Graffiti appreciation/unappreciation?

what are your views on the artform?

are there any writers on nt?
nerd.gif

personally i enjoy seeing beef, new stuff, legal walls, and a burst of color on seemingly bland walls

how do you feel about it?

If it's nice and has a little bit of art in it then yes, they look good. But if it's just a tag or scrabbling, then they should lock down whoeverruined the wall.

Originally Posted by nocomment6

If it's nice and has a little bit of art in it then yes, they look good. But if it's just a tag or scrabbling, then they should lock down whoever ruined the wall.

If you do it legally, it's cool. I SMH at the tagging on public walls and freeways. Talk about low class scum bags.

Originally Posted by wj4

If you do it legally, it's cool. I SMH at the tagging on public walls and freeways. Talk about low class scum bags.

I like the low class scum bag type.

personally i respect the illegal street graff more, takes more then just having a sketch and putting it on a wall and it taking you 2 days to finish

these dudes plan out areas of attack etc. it just means more to me

Originally Posted by kingjamesvehs

personally i respect the illegal street graff more, takes more then just having a sketch and putting it on a wall and it taking you 2 days to finish

these dudes plan out areas of attack etc. it just means more to me
I'm with you on that 1. Growing up in NYC Graffiti was everywhere. I always enjoyed seeing a new piece, especially in a seemingly hard placeto reach. I had friends that did it go out 2-3am get a few hours in and finish their piece in a few sessions. On peoples houses is 1 thing and that idon't respect.. but on the side roof of an apartment building where it looks almost impossible to reach without spiderman being present is something I canappreciate. I tried and failed miserably, I'm terrible at any type of art form lol.
laugh.gif

depends on the quality of the art if it something very artsy then I like it, if it is stupid and dumb tagging then I hate it.

Appreciated in the city with people that know what their doin!....its just a problem when you start to see it in suburban areas like peoples fences..posersbasically
smh.gif

horrible, not appreciated, and those dirtbags should be arrested

if its done on a legal wall its awesome, but until you own your own property and paint it and watch it get tagged 2 days later, you dont know how it feels

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by wj4

I like the low class scum bag type.

you forgot to mention how toy u are

or like what happened in our old location, the graiffiti artists actually came up to us and asked if they could spray our wall, it was a huuugge wall and wegave them the go

came out amazing, we loved it, thats how it should be done

As long as it's good it's appreciated. The dudes who put up that garbage with their crappy handstyle's are unnappreciated.

Back
Top Bottom