Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Tell me why it took me nearly a month to realize that it said "Just In" in the Used Car screen.
Been thinking, "Who the hell is Justin?". 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Tell me why it took me nearly a month to realize that it said "Just In" in the Used Car screen.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Had for the first few times, I'd be like "sort by Dealer Acquisition... Okay, now these ones are from Justin, where are the other Dealers?"
laugh.gif

A month though
eek.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Had for the first few times, I'd be like "sort by Dealer Acquisition... Okay, now these ones are from Justin, where are the other Dealers?"
laugh.gif

A month though
eek.gif

ahhh a new update. noice!!!!
im holding off til weds to play it again. waiting for the steering wheel from amazon!

ahhh a new update. noice!!!!
im holding off til weds to play it again. waiting for the steering wheel from amazon!

I bought this game on Saturday and I've been playing it all day yesterday.

I'm on level 7. Any tips for a beginner like me?
nerd.gif

I'm also debating whether to get a wheel or not - I don't want to go all out on it though, so what's a good starter kit?

nerd.gif

I'm also debating whether to get a wheel or not - I don't want to go all out on it though, so what's a good starter kit?

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

nerd.gif
Save your credits. Tune your car as little as possible. Buy the cars you need only and if possible borrow from a friend.

nerd.gif
Save your credits. Tune your car as little as possible. Buy the cars you need only and if possible borrow from a friend.

nerd.gif

Some tips, this is my first GT game, but I think these all give sound advice:

-Turn off as many driver aids as you can, except leave ABS on 1. If you are unfamiliar with a track the driving line is good, but you can find better lines yourself.
-Make sure you are using the best tires possible. If you are restricted in your tire selection make sure are you using the best one listed.
-There are lists online for the cars you will win as prizes during regular play of the game, make sure you read this list to avoid paying a lot of money for a car you will win down the road
-NT'ers are always happy to lend you a car for a series you are having trouble with. At level 7 money is hard to come by, so why not let one of us lend you a fully tuned car and you can focus your money on your dream cars?
-Special events are a good way to earn big experience and money, give them a shot.
-Wheels make the game sooo much more fun. I recommend the Logitech DF GT as it seems to be the best entry-level wheel out there. Can be found for $99 USD and is a terrific wheel.

nerd.gif

-Turn off as many driver aids as you can, except leave ABS on 1. If you are unfamiliar with a track the driving line is good, but you can find better lines yourself.
-Make sure you are using the best tires possible. If you are restricted in your tire selection make sure are you using the best one listed.
-There are lists online for the cars you will win as prizes during regular play of the game, make sure you read this list to avoid paying a lot of money for a car you will win down the road
-NT'ers are always happy to lend you a car for a series you are having trouble with. At level 7 money is hard to come by, so why not let one of us lend you a fully tuned car and you can focus your money on your dream cars?
-Special events are a good way to earn big experience and money, give them a shot.
-Wheels make the game sooo much more fun. I recommend the Logitech DF GT as it seems to be the best entry-level wheel out there. Can be found for $99 USD and is a terrific wheel.

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

nerd.gif

Awesome advice. I'll keep the logitech DF GT in mind definitely. 
Mister916 wrote:
welcometothetonezone wrote:
nerd.gif

---

Thanks. Good to know. I just spent like $7,000 tuning up the free Yaris for the Yaris race, only to find out that we get a free Prius. You can imagine my facial expression when I found out. 
laugh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Oh and PS3 Tag: welcometonezone

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

nerd.gif

Awesome advice. I'll keep the logitech DF GT in mind definitely. 
Mister916 wrote:
welcometothetonezone wrote:
nerd.gif

---

Thanks. Good to know. I just spent like $7,000 tuning up the free Yaris for the Yaris race, only to find out that we get a free Prius. You can imagine my facial expression when I found out. 
laugh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Oh and PS3 Tag: welcometonezone

Back
Top Bottom