Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

SL600 = 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Today is B-Spec day for me... pure frustration with my LV 4 guy. In a clearly more powerful car he manages to say tucked in the back of the pack. On the front straights while following a car, instead of getting a nice tow and overtaking, he follows the car and lifts... WTH.
The guy is so early on the brakes and late on the gas, it's ridiculous.
B-Spec drivers all drive that blue line that the game provides.
You'll rarely see them go off track.
I only tell them to pace up, right from the start of the race to the end.

Today is B-Spec day for me... pure frustration with my LV 4 guy. In a clearly more powerful car he manages to say tucked in the back of the pack. On the front straights while following a car, instead of getting a nice tow and overtaking, he follows the car and lifts... WTH.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I have no problem with the racing-line they use, though I turn it off cuz I find it distracting and IMO sometimes isn't the best line.  My problem is his acceleration and braking.  Normally on the straights, you try to close-up on the guy in front to get a nice slipstream and then go for the overtake.  Instead, my guy closes in, but lifts-off the throttle when he gets too close.  That makes no sense at all.  He had the speed to overtake but instead tries to avoid running into the guy in front.  

I have no problem with the racing-line they use, though I turn it off cuz I find it distracting and IMO sometimes isn't the best line.  My problem is his acceleration and braking.  Normally on the straights, you try to close-up on the guy in front to get a nice slipstream and then go for the overtake.  Instead, my guy closes in, but lifts-off the throttle when he gets too close.  That makes no sense at all.  He had the speed to overtake but instead tries to avoid running into the guy in front.  

I agree, they should never ram into the back of others, but I expect my guy (with the faster car) to go for the overtake, not back-off. Maybe I need a higher LV for them to be more passing-competent.

I agree, they should never ram into the back of others, but I expect my guy (with the faster car) to go for the overtake, not back-off. Maybe I need a higher LV for them to be more passing-competent.

Anybody got a Peugeot 207 GTi '07? It cost 32g's new (cant find one used) and I'm kinda of being stingy knowing that I'm gonna have to drop at least 10-15k to get it up to 225hp :/

Anybody got a Peugeot 207 GTi '07? It cost 32g's new (cant find one used) and I'm kinda of being stingy knowing that I'm gonna have to drop at least 10-15k to get it up to 225hp :/

I've only tried B-spec twice, but you can issue 'overtake' commands. Maybe if you do that once your driver is drafting, he'll pass instead of slow up.

I've only tried B-spec twice, but you can issue 'overtake' commands. Maybe if you do that once your driver is drafting, he'll pass instead of slow up.

Originally Posted by you go boy

how come you guys are selling this game? 

I was never a fan of GT. Sure it looked great, but it's not for me. I can remember playing the OG at my cousins house and throwing the controller out of frustration because it was so damn difficult.
Same experiences now, I just don't throw the controller. It looks amazing, but I don't have the patience to "learn" the cars or tracks. I don't have the time for that nonsense I just want to play, earn all the cars and kick some %%!. This game doesn't allow for that. Therefore it's gone
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

how come you guys are selling this game? 

I was never a fan of GT. Sure it looked great, but it's not for me. I can remember playing the OG at my cousins house and throwing the controller out of frustration because it was so damn difficult.
Same experiences now, I just don't throw the controller. It looks amazing, but I don't have the patience to "learn" the cars or tracks. I don't have the time for that nonsense I just want to play, earn all the cars and kick some %%!. This game doesn't allow for that. Therefore it's gone
laugh.gif

Decided to buy the GTi, put 15k in it, got it to 217hp (stock is 172hp). The look on my face when I found out it only had 5 gears and my %##% was hitting the revv limit, oh yeah, I was running on Circuit de la Sarthe 2009, all those damn straightaways
eek.gif
I was like ahhhh the pack had caught up since my car is tuned for low end (torque) power and not high end power (sigh). I beat it though, 8 damn miles.

How do I tune, I cant seem to do it :/

Decided to buy the GTi, put 15k in it, got it to 217hp (stock is 172hp). The look on my face when I found out it only had 5 gears and my %##% was hitting the revv limit, oh yeah, I was running on Circuit de la Sarthe 2009, all those damn straightaways
eek.gif
I was like ahhhh the pack had caught up since my car is tuned for low end (torque) power and not high end power (sigh). I beat it though, 8 damn miles.

How do I tune, I cant seem to do it :/

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

^ Sounds like you a very casual gamer. Wii Sports? I'm kidding, brah. If you are remotely into cars, this is a must have imo.
Yea... I have never been good at racing games, but GT has always been a favorite for some reason.
I think they keep the learning curve very accessible. The first bunch of events are easy as hell.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

^ Sounds like you a very casual gamer. Wii Sports? I'm kidding, brah. If you are remotely into cars, this is a must have imo.
Yea... I have never been good at racing games, but GT has always been a favorite for some reason.
I think they keep the learning curve very accessible. The first bunch of events are easy as hell.

Cinco ~ Fair enough.  It is quite a technical game in that you really need to get your racing-lines right, hit your braking points and whatnot.  

IRockTMacs wrote:

Yeah, I'm familiar with those commands and I did call for the overtake when he closed-in on the guy in front.  Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't (he was just too passive).  Maybe it's his 'characteristic' in that he's not aggressive enough.  

Cinco ~ Fair enough.  It is quite a technical game in that you really need to get your racing-lines right, hit your braking points and whatnot.  

IRockTMacs wrote:

Yeah, I'm familiar with those commands and I did call for the overtake when he closed-in on the guy in front.  Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't (he was just too passive).  Maybe it's his 'characteristic' in that he's not aggressive enough.  

Back
Top Bottom