grand high x k-swiss collaboration :: dc's own designers gets a k-swiss shoe! (party2nite)

No offense, but am I supposed to be impressed? The colorways above average, and the ostrich print's not bad, but the shoe's hideous.

YO I THINK I SEEN THEM IN PERSON AFTER EVERYDAY PEOPLE LAUNCH.....IM PRETTY SURE IT WAS THOSE THAT DUDE SHOWED ME....
BOX I THINK WAS SAME COLOR.....

THEY WAS AIGGHHTTTT....

No offense, but am I supposed to be impressed? The colorways above average, and the ostrich print's not bad, but the shoe's hideous.
ditto.
no offence to big brother ian, or grand high designers but this area i known for appreciating bs just cause its from the "urea" and is a perfectexample of it right here. They have customs that ish on those.
pimp.gif

business move maybe, even though thats one I wouldnt take? ion kno. schools in session for someone who can shed some light as to why this direction?

at the end of the day...

if a major corporation has a vision that is in tune with your mission, what else is left?

business move maybe

they arent one of my favorites either, its actually my first k-swiss shoe...but my support for both is solid....hence the end result.

keep coming with the feedback tho.

i know those dudes personally and for you nter's that sit at home all day with the mouse in one hand and jacking off with the other hand doesn't make you a critic. whether it was a business move or not they are just showing that there is a movement in the dc area and they have said that on numerous occasions. so for you to sit there in you hole and make comment like that shows really show why the area can't get any outside love, because of %$+!* *** haters like you. ain't nobody ask you to be impressed you lil bi!ch!!!! if you smellin youself holla at me

Ok, Billy Jacobs here you go…

1. I really could care less if you know my mother, I'm a man who can make his mind up for himself unlike some stan's… oops I meant people.
2. I commented on the shoes before the D.A.R, and I was there, where were you my friend? I'm hard to miss man, ask the people who've met me from theboard I'm not the smallest kid.
3. Actually I am a critic, everyone's a critic, you critiqued my post didn't you?
4. There's also a heroine movement in MD/DC/VA does that make it right for the heroine dealers to be out there ruining peoples lives? I guess you wouldbelieve so.
5. If no one asked me to be impressed why didn't Grand High keep the kicks for himself? He obviously wanted to impress someone or they would be sitting inhis closet never seeing the light of day.

Ok, and here is for this damn movement that you speak of…

I'm sick of this bulls**t, "Oh it's from the area you gotta support it." No I don't. I support brands, and designers that produceproducts I like. I could care less if it's from my hometown of Columbia, or from damn Kalamazoo, Missouri. Hot product is hot product, ugly product iswell… ugly product, and in my eyes this product is ugly. If the area I'm from is going to be synonymous with the product, I want it to be something hot,not well… a piece of garbage like this…

Come on now Billy, I know you can do better man. I'll give you another shot.

dk is on point with that one.

ugly product is ugly product whther hypebeast hypes it or the area births it.

where was the quote from tho?

"Q" and John my folks, but the ezbox was strictly on some bamma s........

If you man enough to be a public figure and sell your "art" to the public, be man enough to take ALL opinions/critics take. That's rule #.03 inthis.

EZBOX ME -- A MAN -- LIKE THAT. Not some kid.

Did "shuman15" -- who agreed/"co-signed" -- get an inbox too?

EXACTLY.

"Hard not to kill n..... IT'S LIKE A FULL TIME JOB not to kill n'......."

To be honest -- and I hate sounding "old" -- but the white/white K-Swiss low WAS THEE DC/MD version of the white/white Air Force One for YEARS backin the late 80s/early 90s.

Similar to the New Balance 992, WE were the area selling out them joints for numerous summers. Another "DC" thing.

So, historically, I dig the colab.

Too bad most people don't even have a clue.......................................

ohwell.gif
spoke to soon brotha EOH
i to got a inbox thrashing
laugh.gif

again you are the reason nothing makes out of the area and you probaly ain't even from dc. these dudes got an opportunity that you !@#!% *** dudes jerk off to and you expect them to say no because its k swiss. if you goota be taken to school for that then that shows how+#%$*++ stupid you are, these cats went all over asia and got paid for and getting paid for the shoes, and you can't understand that then it just shows how+#%$*++ dumb you really are. so keep sittin in front of you monitor dreamin and jerkin off to your favorite sneaker !@#!%. billy jacobs !@#!%
I must speak my mind on this.
1. Grand High dudes, I hope you had nothing to do or is even affiliated with this idiot! I dont know you cats personally but I have "come across"your grind from way back. Theres no hate nor diss, %%$# I even complimented past designs as stated above.
but.
2. Being an artist as well, if I have a niche in a certain market, just because opportunities are there, does not mean you take it. Every opportunity thatmakes itself present, is not a good opportunity. and IMO I felt like there raw customs were 10 times better then what was produced by k-swiss.
3. Opportunities come and go, as I was tought by a mentor heavy in the "fashion/sneaker" industry, your first impression last forever and is the mostimportant. So you better make it worth remembering. Here being an established sneaker design company (Grand High) your first impression is stamped, on aninternational level, your first impression is going to be that K-Swiss sneaker and in the market they are directing it towards, K-Swiss has NOOOO clout.
So you will be known as the company that did that K-Swiss sneaker on a widespread level. Outside looking in, or even on the inside that is just NOT a desiredsneaker, I dont give a damn if world renowned artist methamphibian or futura did one, it would SIT on shelves with the acception of a few purchases by coreappreciators or resellers who THINK they will make a buck, even then, the names sell there products. Artist with a vision and passion for what they do dont getjaded by "perks". Even for me traveling is like a drug and I can do it without the hand out champ. I just know I wouldnt dumb down (not saying GrandHigh did) to a project just for money or some trips. Not worth it. If you on your grind, and you work hard what you WANT will come. and im sure if Grand Highhas there choice K-Swiss would not be 1st on the list. thats how I look at things.
but the white/white K-Swiss low WAS THEE DC/MD
my older bro rocked faithfully. and even that canvas right there would have been respected and im sure would have turned out well.
ugly product is ugly product whther hypebeast hypes it or the area births it.
period.
so there is business and personal views, ofcourse when it comes to art and a persons craft, its always personal, seldomly business.
again you are the reason nothing makes out of the area and you probaly ain't even from dc.

and what does me being from DC have to do with anything?
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

you think people from DC are gonna hop on that shoe? I know this area very well homie being from MARYLAND and that aint it...period
that shoe is aimed towards sneaker enthusiest and people alike...not a DC native. I have enough friends to solidify that...

amazing how people will dumb down for money and "perks" (in regaurds to homies comment) then sound like total idiots when all said and done. GrandHigh keep doing what you think is right. and if you all know that dude, relieve yourselves cause he just made you all look horrid. I congradulate theopportunity, but the product is just not there and im not going to like it just cause its from the "urea". Learn something kid.

laugh.gif
@ this dude.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

i know those dudes personally and for you nter's that sit at home all day with the mouse in one hand and jacking off with the other hand doesn't make you a critic. whether it was a business move or not they are just showing that there is a movement in the dc area and they have said that on numerous occasions. so for you to sit there in you hole and make comment like that shows really show why the area can't get any outside love, because of %$+!* *** haters like you. ain't nobody ask you to be impressed you lil bi!ch!!!! if you smellin youself holla at me

Ok, Billy Jacobs here you go…

1. I really could care less if you know my mother, I'm a man who can make his mind up for himself unlike some stan's… oops I meant people.
2. I commented on the shoes before the D.A.R, and I was there, where were you my friend? I'm hard to miss man, ask the people who've met me from the board I'm not the smallest kid.
3. Actually I am a critic, everyone's a critic, you critiqued my post didn't you?
4. There's also a heroine movement in MD/DC/VA does that make it right for the heroine dealers to be out there ruining peoples lives? I guess you would believe so.
5. If no one asked me to be impressed why didn't Grand High keep the kicks for himself? He obviously wanted to impress someone or they would be sitting in his closet never seeing the light of day.

Ok, and here is for this damn movement that you speak of…

I'm sick of this bulls**t, "Oh it's from the area you gotta support it." No I don't. I support brands, and designers that produce products I like. I could care less if it's from my hometown of Columbia, or from damn Kalamazoo, Missouri. Hot product is hot product, ugly product is well… ugly product, and in my eyes this product is ugly. If the area I'm from is going to be synonymous with the product, I want it to be something hot, not well… a piece of garbage like this…

Come on now Billy, I know you can do better man. I'll give you another shot.

GREEN TOPS!

I remember dudes rocking the all white kswiss with shorts for the summertime when I was in high school. What are the inspiration/ story behind these designand colorwise? What does the overall packaging looks like? What model is this? I have never seen it before. The colorway looks similiar to the Barcelona SBfrom last year I think. I have seen some Grand High Customs online and they look better. Congrats on the shoes and hopefully they get more oppurnity in thefuture.Just remember this is going to be a reference point for Nike,Adidas and the creme de la creme of sneaker companies in order for future colloborations. Ithink so long the final product came out the way the artist(Grand High) wanted it to then they should be good. Shuman you do make some good points, sometimesshort time goals can help or hurt long term goals if that makes any sense.

laugh.gif

and again.
i known'em way before this shoe %*!+ first of all dude so you can kill that %*!+. if you were taught so well you wouldn't be on this site talking %*!+ being a hypebaby. everything in this day and age is a hustle something you don't know nothin about opportunity knocks you gotta take it unless its some nonsense. just because you don't like the company don't %%$# with'em thats on you. if you were so well taught, again you would have a shoe out with whoever. it ain't about hand outs dude cause if anything is needed i got it. being from here ain't got %*!+ to do with the shoe, and if you know this area so well you would see what these youngins wearing so apparently you don't know too much.
IM AT WORK DYING IN LAUGHTER!
roll.gif

this dude is clearly wylin.
Reason why I dont know nothing about husltin in your eyes is cause hmmmmmmm lemme think, YOU DONT KNOW ME NOR WHAT I AM AFFILIATED WITH!
reason why I am on this site (now at least)? cause I get some good topics i can read and connect with alike thinkers and get great feedback from older catseoh, O, Ian, Rock, sotch, ect. Being a younger cat, I can incorporate their experiences/advice to my advantage and its my area right?
and look, a contradiction...why am I not surprised?
laugh.gif
now it has nothingto do with being from DC...smh
trust me cuz, im very in tuned with what young'ns is wearing today and K-Swiss is not IT. but im done. maybe I missed the big picture and damn sure didnthelp. All this typing is making me sick, dumbing down to this foolery. If you know these guys so well and more about the business and constructive criticismand how valuable it is, you wouldnt be in your feelings.
p.s. Not everyone is set out to have a sneaker...im guessing thats everyones dream on this board huh?
laugh.gif
who is this dude?

Dude obviously has an NT account.

Whatever he writes "privately" is getting blasted publicly.

Why won't you just come here Mr. BJ (pun intended), reveal yourself, so I can holla at you next time I'm in D.C. IN PERSON?????????

It's a damn shame that I feel like "Q" and John should come up here and apologize, for something they have nothing to do with.

Y'all "supporters" kill me. Sideline bammas, making the source look like some sauce.

That's not even how Grand High gets down.

smh.

Proceed.......................................................................

I guess I'll speak on this too.

This Billy Jacobs character is really lunchin'.

This is a message board...known for reality checks.

"Q" and John of Grand High are two of the coolest dudes I know. They are very supportive, as well as involved in the sneaker community.

They customs that I have seen have been much more appealing than this K-Swiss shoe. I'm not sure if they didn't have total control or not (similar toNike's ID program).
But, I agree with the above stated comment that from a business standpoint, K-Swiss is not the brand I'd imagine them teaming up with. Especially when mostof the Grand High Customs are AF1s and Dunks.

The collab opportunity is one that I probably would've pass'd on, only with fear that the product wouldn't sell. With a new Jordan or Nike productpractically bi-weekly and other Brands like Puma and Adidas making good stuff...KSwiss lies at the lower end of the list.

I'm still a supporter, not because I'm from DC....but because I like the dudes.

...unless they make a shoe that says "eff Everyday Pple".

What's up NT, this is John from Grand High. First of all just want you guys to know that GH had nothing to do w/the "supporter" who sent a couple of you guys in box msgs, I know a couple of people on here (Ian, Lavan, Eyes of Hazel) and if its one thing they should know about us is that if we have something to say to anybody we say it to their face, not on some msg board and def not in a private msg. So whoever this "supporter" is please stop, we don't need you to speak for us. We knew going in to this that K-Swiss is not the hippist brand and that we would be opening ourselves up to be knocked but that's cool, we're big boys we can handle it. We toured Asia with them and they offered us an opportunity to do something we've never done before and we appreciate it. If you don't like the shoe that's cool, I understand that once you put something out there for public consumption its open season on it. This project is another rung on the ladder, a stepping stone that hopefully leads us to more opportunities. Love it, hate it or whatever, we can't even dunk and we have a shoe out and to me thats an accomplishment, an accomplishment that we wanted to share w/the DMV sneaker community. Lavan, your "I (Heart) Everyday Pple" AF1's are in the mail.

Love it, hate it or whatever, we can't even dunk and we have a shoe out and to me thats an accomplishment
Classic!

Removing the BS, this thread enlightened me to the fact that Grand High is not a person, but a company. I wasn't aware of that.

Ok y'all, just received another:

1. I could give two sh!ts about your moms dude and aint' nobody telling you to change your mind +%@@%*$. 2.i'm sure you didn't say **** to their face about them, and agian i could give two sh!ts about your stature. 3.no, you are not a critic you are a hater from columbia so its natural for you not like some local++%$$, and i ain't critique your post i read it and figured you are just another reason that local things don't go anywhere because of local haters that spew their negativity on the web 4.you just showed how stupid you really are who the feck is talking about dopeboys 5.ain't nobody ask you to be impressed, and how stupid do you sound "keep the shoes for himself" see that's that hate i'm talkin bout. so getting a shoe made is about impressing people if thats the case you must impress everybody you meet becuase of your shoes (loser) i'm sure the brands you like are all some hypebeast++%$$ and don't ever support++%$$ from dc cuz you ain't from here and since you ain't no lil dude i know all the++%$$ you rockin is ugly you piece of garbage checkmate b!tch

Alright, I'm really contemplating on whether this PM requires a real response or just one of these...
indifferent.gif

John, I personally appreciate you steppin gin to speak for GH. I'm not surprised you did that, because you and "Q" are good dudes.

As long as you feel that your decisions are in your best interest, you'll be happy. Prosperity is unpredictable. Happyness is in your control.

[[Heading outside to campout by the mailbox."

Props to GH. Reason I fool with them dudes.

Done deal.

And -- things were TIGHT this weekend with the Bobbittos, Huaraches, Spikes (early), and forces -- but be sure that I'm a hit y'all up in 2 weekd toget my pair to display in the house.

Yeah, just wanted Grand High to know I meant no offense to them in any of this. I recognize that they had nothing to do with this. I'm a big fan of alot ofyour work, but this shoe just doesn't do it for me. I wish you all the best of luck in the future.

none taken my man, you have every right to your opinion...you should just block/report the bama who keeps sending you inbox msgs

Back
Top Bottom