Graphic novels, do you read them? Recommendations?

I just picked up Vol. 1 of Scalped and 100 Bullets for someone else as a gift. I should have read them before I gave them away.

I just picked up Vol. 1 of Scalped and 100 Bullets for someone else as a gift. I should have read them before I gave them away.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Just finished reading this and it didn't disappoint
pimp.gif

Second+Coming.jpg
Did you read the two Novels prior?? The writing for this entire story line is simply amazing.  This got me back into collecting comics.

pimp.gif

Second+Coming.jpg
Did you read the two Novels prior?? The writing for this entire story line is simply amazing.  This got me back into collecting comics.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

pimp.gif

Second+Coming.jpg

Messiah Complex was what got me back into reading comics as well, actually.  Probably my most favorite book I've ever owned/read.  It even got me interested in reading New Mutants at the time.  Messiah War came and went and while I enjoyed it, it didn't excite me like it did M.C., but at least it hyped me up for this and I was able to hold off until they released this book in Hardcover and when I finally read it, it had my interest right from the little prologue in the beginning all the way to the end.  I stupidly saw the spoiler for who died a couple months ago and tried to forget it while reading this book, but I was still bummed out when I got to that part since he was always in my top 3 X-Men since the og cartoons as a kid

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

pimp.gif

Second+Coming.jpg

Messiah Complex was what got me back into reading comics as well, actually.  Probably my most favorite book I've ever owned/read.  It even got me interested in reading New Mutants at the time.  Messiah War came and went and while I enjoyed it, it didn't excite me like it did M.C., but at least it hyped me up for this and I was able to hold off until they released this book in Hardcover and when I finally read it, it had my interest right from the little prologue in the beginning all the way to the end.  I stupidly saw the spoiler for who died a couple months ago and tried to forget it while reading this book, but I was still bummed out when I got to that part since he was always in my top 3 X-Men since the og cartoons as a kid

Just finished Ayako. Now gonna do some research on the ones posted here. Thanks. I'm leaning towards the more realistic stories, less super hero business, but wild stories nonetheless, if ya know what I mean.

Just finished Ayako. Now gonna do some research on the ones posted here. Thanks. I'm leaning towards the more realistic stories, less super hero business, but wild stories nonetheless, if ya know what I mean.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Justfinished Ayako. Now gonna do some research on the ones posted here.Thanks. I'm leaning towards the more realistic stories, less super herobusiness, but wild stories nonetheless, if ya know what I mean.

PREACHER

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Justfinished Ayako. Now gonna do some research on the ones posted here.Thanks. I'm leaning towards the more realistic stories, less super herobusiness, but wild stories nonetheless, if ya know what I mean.

PREACHER

I started reading into Blackest Night. I'm trying to get familiar with the DC characters since I only know a handful of them.

I started reading into Blackest Night. I'm trying to get familiar with the DC characters since I only know a handful of them.

--Watchmen
--Preacher (all 9 volumes)
--HellBlazer: Dangerous Habits
--The Sword (4 volumes)
--Kingdom Come
--Marvels
--Planet Hulk
--The Dark Knight Returns
--Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (novel is slightly better though)
--Sin City (7 volumes)
--Batman: Hush
--X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga
--Incredible Hulk Visionaries: Peter David (multiple volumes, highly recommended)

--Watchmen
--Preacher (all 9 volumes)
--HellBlazer: Dangerous Habits
--The Sword (4 volumes)
--Kingdom Come
--Marvels
--Planet Hulk
--The Dark Knight Returns
--Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (novel is slightly better though)
--Sin City (7 volumes)
--Batman: Hush
--X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga
--Incredible Hulk Visionaries: Peter David (multiple volumes, highly recommended)

Back
Top Bottom