Greatest NBA player who has come out of Duke......

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Laettner

No, no... Jayson Williams

Better yet, Hurley.

Or Redick.
smh.gif

*puts on T-Mac hater voice* But Grant Hill hasn't even been out of the first round

At age thirty-one, Hurley probably wishes his professional basketball career had gone as smoothly. Drafted as the seventh pick in the first round of the NBA draft by the Sacramento Kings, Hurley was involved in a near-fatal car accident near Arco Arena just nineteen games into his rookie season. His injuries included collapsed lungs-one ripped from his trachea-broken ribs, a shattered shoulder blade, and a partially torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee.
bobby got dealt a bad hand. i still have his kings jersey haha.

I wasn't saying it was his fault.

I was just noting some Dukies that were NICE as Blue Devils, but whose NBA careers didn't really pan out for whatever reason.

I wasn't saying it was his fault his NBA career didn't pan out the way his NCAA career did, and the same goes for Jayson.

I wasn't saying it was his fault.

I was just noting some Dukies that were NICE as Blue Devils, but whose NBA careers didn't really pan out for whatever reason.

I wasn't saying it was his fault his NBA career didn't pan out the way his NCAA career did, and the same goes for Jayson.

Jay..
frown.gif
It makes me sad when someone mentions his name. We'll never know how good he could have been.

If you want to talk about skill-wise and talent-wise, then no other Duke player really comes close to prime Grant Hill. His career totals in points, reboundsand assists after his Pistons days (six seasons) are only overshadowed by Oscar Robertson and Larry Bird. Grant was a triple-double machine and he was the mainfocus of the opponents defense from the first day he played in the NBA. He was so good at driving to the basket, the defense would collapse on him, but Grantwould dish it out and find the open man. Of the current players, only LeBron can match Grant's combination of prime Grant's size and quickness.

And there's a reason why Grant never made it past the first round - his team was simply not good enough. Grant got a royal screwjob from the Pistons, muchlike a certain other football player from Detroit did throughout the 90s. People don't know how garbage Grant's supporting cast in Detroit was. He hadso little support that he led the Pistons in ppg AND rpg AND apg not once, not twice, but three seasons! Whatplayer today has so poor of a supporting cast and is forced to do so much for their teams that he leads his team in the three main categories? Well, Grant didit three times.

So far like most people stated it has been Grant Hill but when is all set and done Carlos Boozer will be the player that will lead his team to an NBA title. Ona talent stand point I feel that it is a toss up between Elton Brand and Grant Hill it would have been Hill hands down but the injures did him in.

when is all set and done Carlos Boozer will be the player that will lead his team to an NBA title.
Even if Jazz were to win a title, Boozer would not be regarded as the player who "led" his team to the title because he plays on such adeep team. If anyone on the Jazz roster will be regarded as a player who led them to a title, it will be Deron Williams.

^ I liked what you said earlier about Grant Hill.

I've been saying for a few years that Grant Hill is LeBron James v. 1.0, and I think what you said supports that. Dude came into the league wrecking stuffup, attacking the basket so ferociously, crossing people up, losing defenders with his little stutter step, getting by everyone with his first step, dunking onpeople, dishing to wide open shooters... crazy.

Little known fact...

Christian Laetnner made an All Star game.

And he had 6 or 7 seasons that were nothing to sneeze at.

Grant was my favorite since he came out... he was so much better than yall obviously remember, cus right now brand and boozer's careers on not on the samelevel as G Hill

Duke = Great college players but average NBA players for the most part...

Ima go with Boozer by default. E. Brand and G. Hill could have won this but injuries stop them

Anyone else look at Brands stats and realize how much he has NOT improved? Dude had a better rookie year than some of his other seasons.... sorta odd

Grant Hill and Elton Brand are the only 2 Dukies I ever liked and as far as the greatest Blue Devil goes, it's gotta be Grant Hill. The Pistons didn'thave anyone to handle to ball, so Grant Hill handled the ball. The Pistons were weak in rebounding, so Grant Hill went after the rebounds. The Pistonscouldn't get a shot for themselves, so Grant Hill dished out the dimes. The Pistons couldn't make the playoffs, so Grant Hill brought them back intothe Playoffs. Dude did it all and had the Pistons not stab him in the back by not letting him know the true extent of his ankle injuries, he may still bedoing those things and winding down a stellar career.

I'd probably have to go with Brand too...and Booze should be up there too as one of the best.

Wasn't LeBron suppose to go to Duke?

and too bad Kobe never checked into those dorms in Durham...Livingston too.

Hill has had a great career (besides the injuries), but he hasn't been past the first round and that could be the knock on him.

Originally Posted by vietsta4o8

Laettner

No, no... Jayson Williams

Better yet, Hurley.

Or Redick.

you forget bout this guy?
mmdunleavy.jpg

1489234.jpg

1489235.jpg

artd.jpg

not that much now, but when he was a warrior
eek.gif
dun Nothing suck when he was a Warriors.
sick.gif
He is decent now, butthat it.Anyway, I would got to say it is Elton Brand after his career is done. The dood is better than Boozer on both end.

Back
Top Bottom