Greatest NON-ALLSTAR Baseball Player ever?

I don't know if this has ever been discussed, but...

...who are some of the best pro baseball players to NEVER make an all-star team? I'm actually kinda stumped. I had a few in mind but they made all-starteams here and there.

Anyone? Just curious.

Hmmmm MLB would be a hard one I think simply cause every team has to be represented therefor dudes are always making ASGs.

Deion Sanders?

I was going to say Bo but he made the all-star team back in 89 and won all-star mvp also.

Mookie Blaylock
Mookie made one, 1994.

Here are the all-time leading NBA scorers who never made an all star game (stat is from SI and about 5 years old)

[table][tr][td]
[font=helvetica,arial]Top scorers to never play in an
NBA All-Star Game
[/font]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""][font=helvetica,arial]Player [/font][/th] [th=""][font=helvetica,arial]Points [/font][/th] [/tr][tr][td][font=helvetica,arial]Eddie Johnson [/font][/td] [td][font=helvetica,arial]19,202 [/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=helvetica,arial]Derek Harper [/font][/td] [td][font=helvetica,arial]16,006 [/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=helvetica,arial]Sam Perkins [/font][/td] [td][font=helvetica,arial]15,324 [/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=helvetica,arial]Byron Scott [/font][/td] [td][font=helvetica,arial]15,097 [/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=helvetica,arial]James Edwards [/font][/td] [td][font=helvetica,arial]14,862 [/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=helvetica,arial]Rod Strickland [/font][/td] [td][font=helvetica,arial]14,463[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=helvetica,arial]Ron Harper[/font][/td] [td][font=helvetica,arial]13,910[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=helvetica,arial]Chuck Person[/font][/td] [td][font=helvetica,arial]13,858[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=helvetica,arial]Orlando Woolridge [/font][/td] [td][font=helvetica,arial]13,623 [/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=helvetica,arial]Wayman Tisdale [/font][/td] [td][font=helvetica,arial]12,878[/font][/td] [/tr][/table]

For MLB, how about Kirk Gibson? Never made one and has an MVP.

From the Angels:
- Chone Figgins!
smile.gif

- Jim Abbott?
nerd.gif

- Tim Salmon?

Other than that... uhhhhh... Tony Phillips? I always loved the way he played. He played 777 at 2B, 566 in left, 428 at 3B, 294 at short, 169 in right, 97 incenter, and 5 at 1B, along with DH-ing 101 games.
laugh.gif
I love utility guys, and he was the first one I really followed and became a fan of.

Dave Henderson -
Dude was beyond clutch, he was like baseballs Robert Horry before Horry

Willie Wilson - straight speed - I think he was always overshadowed by Rickey Henderson

Im not even sure if they were ever all stars are not, they just came to mind

ehh NVM I searched,
Hendu made one all star appearance and Willie made 2.

^ I was about to say, I know Henderson was an All Star, and I was about to look Willie up, b/c I thought he had been.

Dave Henderson... everyone who was an Angel fan in the 80s should know that name.
frown.gif

Man, this a great topic...

I got one maybe ...

Otis Nixon, great defender, decent offensive player, stole alotta bases, *shrugs*
shoot it down if u must ska
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

PharelFor3:
Josh Smith- Atlanta Hawks...

or maybe i'm just reaching....
Not reaching at all, imo.
just realized he said baseball. My apologies. Jose Reyes?????

Reyes has been in I believe 3; how the hell did Kirk Gibson never make 1 are you sure?

Hideo Nomo?

Hideo's been an AS; Gibby hasn't, and that's my vote so far.

If someone told me Kirk had never been an AS, I'd call them a liar.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Hideo's been an AS; Gibby hasn't, and that's my vote so far.

If someone told me Kirk had never been an AS, I'd call them a liar.
laugh.gif

How do you get an MVP and not get in the ASG?
laugh.gif

Didnt Gibson win MVP the Yr Strawberry really should have won it?

*** TP played in an all star game

Got another
laugh.gif
Kevin McReynolds

I remember when this dude played LF for Mets and started gettin Fatter and fatter every yr on some Andruw jones Diet plan

Back
Top Bottom