Greatest Sampling Producer: Pete Rock, Premo or Rza

Ofcourse there's other's like Kanye, Just Blaze, Dilla, The Bomb Squad, Large Professor and etc but i think these are the 3 main dudes you think ofwhen it comes to perfecting samples for a beat

Knowing all 3 of the producers history who'd you say is the best at making sample based beats.

Alchemist
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
sike naw not to be a hardass (NH) but Premo I guess.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Alchemist
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
sike naw not to be a hardass (NH) but Premo I guess.

Alchemist got some slept on beats though... Win Or Lose still gets bumped on the regular. Plus duke made Return of The Mac listenable.

DJ Paul and Juicy J... serious. Even though you may not notice it, many of their old songs use ill%**% samples that you don't even realize until later. Forexample, I was watchin the OG Transformers show, and I heard the same sound in their little breaks in between scenes for that Lil Wyte song "who give a+*@$ where you from" (or whatever its called)

That's actually a really tough question. Premier is perfect at chopping up a sample, yet RZA is probably more creative with his sampling, yet Pete Rock isoutstanding as well. Really tough to decide, but then I think about a beat like Verbal Intercourse or Ice Water or Can It Be All So Simple and think RZA may bethe best.

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

DJ Paul and Juicy J... serious.
No.

The correct answer is Pete Rock.

Alright I take that back, but they still been puttin out heat for the longest.

I vote for Dilla also.

Does anyone know who produced Luchini though?

Even though i think Premier is the GOAT Prince Paul was the greatest @ sampling. Dude use to take like 3 samples and add them all together, he is like the kingof sampling

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

DJ Paul and Juicy J... serious.
No.

The correct answer is Pete Rock.

Alright I take that back, but they still been puttin out heat for the longest.

I vote for Dilla also.

Ski from Reasonable Doubt fame produced Luchini

That's actually a really tough question. Premier is perfect at chopping up a sample, yet RZA is probably more creative with his sampling, yet Pete Rock is outstanding as well. Really tough to decide, but then I think about a beat like Verbal Intercourse or Ice Water or Can It Be All So Simple and think RZA may be the best.

co-sign

That's actually a really tough question
Word. You got me zoning on this Jus. I can't call it though. All 3 are somewhere in the top 5 all time regardless.
Prince Paul was the greatest @ sampling. Dude use to take like 3 samples and add them all together, he is like the king of sampling
The crazy I SH is he will never, ever get the respect he deserves in the long run. Any project he's ever touched has been progressive, wildcreative & good for hip hop. Not just a good album.

ski beatz. i met him a couple weeks ago in hollywood and now he's doing beats for pittsburg slim
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

but back to the question...

i'm giving premo the slight edge over pete rock, but not by much

And he's a southern producer who southern dudes rarely talk about. Why???? I don't know. Just his Camp Lo beats alone are ridiculous. Skiis a monster.

I would give this to Madlib based on the diversity of the samples alone, to say nothing of the actual usage.

But since you didn't list him as an option, Pete Rock.

Preme is the best at chops period, and NOBODY scratches a hook like this man. People are still trying to figure out if the"Come Clean" theory is mythof truth for God's sake.
Pete is the best with blends (ie 5 different samples in one song) Truly elaborate.
RZA is a little of both worlds from above.
DILLA was the best at flipping everything these 3 already did and TRULY making it his own.

As much as i Love all the producers mentioned ..

Large Pro is the father of it ... ( not the oldest)

Dudes were seeking him out for advice .

Back
Top Bottom