green smoothies

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

I keep a big bottle of this in the fridge.

My daughters love this stuff...

Naked-Juice-Green-Machine-Fruit-Boost-Smoothie.jpg

Naked-Juice-Green-Machine-Fruit-Boost-Smoothie-inside.jpg

How much does that run you, monthly?

Juicer is healthier, well, at least a mastigating juicer, because the high rpm's of a blender evaporate a good portion of nutrients from the fruits/veggies.

I own an Omega mastigating juicer. It's changed my life. Costs about $400 but well worth it. It's funny how we are always hesitant to invest money when it comes to health but will blow dollars on a night out like it's nothing.

I use something called the vitamix. It will cost you an arm and a leg but it does everything from blending soup, ice cream, smoothies and make sauces. I use it to make my green shakes that consists of Kale, pineappz, blueburs, strwburrs, bannazz, cod liv oil, juice and some yogurt. It comes out looking like mud but it taste fuwresshh. Mighty Healthy ftw!

VitaMix is vicious. I saw a demo @ Whole Foods and that thing was nice. Yea that is out of my spending desire LOL.

my dad and brother make'em.

they throw in:

wheatgrass
spinach
grapes
strawberries
apples
kiwi
pom
etc.

they're crazy with their green smoothies

Originally Posted by RetroXIII

how much of each? Makes how many oz?

sorry about that. here, check this out. the "mean green" i posted is called "green juice" on the list.
http://jointhereboot.com/...m/recipes/juice-recipes/
(google "reboot juice recipes" if link doesn't work)

as for how much juice each recipe makes, i'd say about 12-14 oz. of course you can add more cucumber, celery, apple, carrots & citrus fruit since those yield the most juice.
i hear that mixing in citrus fruit juice to everything else can kill off the nutrients and that i should add it in at the very last minute. i've got to look into that.

a friend of mine is trying to take this stuff one step further by growing his own wheatgrass and juicing it. breville juicers can't handle that stuff =(
Did you ever find out anything about citrus killing off nutrients? 

I finally bought a Champion juicer.  The thing is
pimp.gif
.  My girl and I have been drinking a juice everyday since we've had it.  We buy our fruits and veggies once a week.  We wash and cut everything and bag them up.  We pretty much fill up a 1 gallon zip lock bag and it makes 2 glasses of juice.  It prob cost about $20-25.

Originally Posted by Smokey13

Originally Posted by RetroXIII

how much of each? Makes how many oz?

sorry about that. here, check this out. the "mean green" i posted is called "green juice" on the list.
http://jointhereboot.com/...m/recipes/juice-recipes/
(google "reboot juice recipes" if link doesn't work)

as for how much juice each recipe makes, i'd say about 12-14 oz. of course you can add more cucumber, celery, apple, carrots & citrus fruit since those yield the most juice.
i hear that mixing in citrus fruit juice to everything else can kill off the nutrients and that i should add it in at the very last minute. i've got to look into that.

a friend of mine is trying to take this stuff one step further by growing his own wheatgrass and juicing it. breville juicers can't handle that stuff =(
Did you ever find out anything about citrus killing off nutrients? 

I finally bought a Champion juicer.  The thing is
pimp.gif
.  My girl and I have been drinking a juice everyday since we've had it.  We buy our fruits and veggies once a week.  We wash and cut everything and bag them up.  We pretty much fill up a 1 gallon zip lock bag and it makes 2 glasses of juice.  It prob cost about $20-25.

just FYI, cutting your fruits & veggies ahead of time causes significant nutrient loss

Back
Top Bottom