Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pair I picked up not too long ago from a seller on eBay around the time of the concord restock on FNL. Seller had a good rep, provided proof of purchase from FTL but I was iffy when I got em. Said oh well n kept them anyway. I have worn them twice for about a total of 24 hours so they are starting to get that wide look in the back. anyways ... here they are
Legit, what size are those?

Last edited:
Hey guys first time posting and this seems like the right thread to post. I found a Pair of Bred 11's my size on Ebay for a pretty good price, they look legit and seller has good rep. My question is how do sizes run on 11's? im a size 15 but in the recent jordans i bought i went down to 14 and they fit ok and look perfectly normal after i wear them ( 5's and 4's and Son of Mars). Are these just made wider? because the Breds i found are size 14 but i dont wanna stretch them out because theyre made differently then the ones i mentioned. Any suggestions? Im buying them to wear casually btw not for balling or sleeping on them.

Hey guys first time posting and this seems like the right thread to post. I found a Pair of Bred 11's my size on Ebay for a pretty good price, they look legit and seller has good rep. My question is how do sizes run on 11's? im a size 15 but in the recent jordans i bought i went down to 14 and they fit ok and look perfectly normal after i wear them ( 5's and 4's and Son of Mars). Are these just made wider? because the Breds i found are size 14 but i dont wanna stretch them out because theyre made differently then the ones i mentioned. Any suggestions? Im buying them to wear casually btw not for balling or sleeping on them.

I know that 5s run large, and Space Jam 11s seem to run small for some reason. Id go true to size on the bred 11s if I were you.

Last edited:
Go true to size on 11s. there isnt much room to go .5 down at all. I got 11.5 in concords and theyre almost too tight for me. i have a 12 in the bred 11s and they fit perfect

There aren't any obvious differences between these two shoes? Peep the purplish sockliner
View media item 441733

View media item 441667

Check the PL cut here
View media item 441685
View media item 441688

...but these shoes are the same because they were all made in china by a factory that may or may not have been contracted by Nike at some point.
I just don't get how one could confidently buy kicks from the same place that sells 2009 space jams that clearly weren't made in 2009 & don't look like the shoe from 2009.

Can I ask you this, did you see the post with the 3 pairs of space jam I posted? How do they look different from your pair? I'm actually holding my release day pair in hand right now and those shoes are spot on. As for the first picture of cool Greys that's obviously something wrong. But if you search YouTube for a video of anyone doing a review of GM cool Greys not a single one has had purple lining. I challenge you to find one. For the video, I stated multiple times that there are some pairs that come with defects, GM,s equivalent to a b grade. But to say that all of them come like this is false. There are many people who have posted on here and all over youtube that are satisfied with their pairs of GM shoes. Search and you'll see. I'm sure you came across a few when you found that video. As for the Concords and the other cool grey pics they look perfectly fine to me and I'm sure any other knowledgeable NT would agree. Although this is the best attempt you've made so far to prove your point your understanding of this whole GM situation is fundamentally flawed. You're over generalizing and being selective with what you chose to believe even though the information is right In front of you. What you're doing is equivalent to me hearing about one or 2 people getting b-grade quality shoes from a retailer and assuming that all of their stock is of the same quality ignoring the hundreds of other people walking out of the store with satisfied smiles on their faces. All the research you need to do is conveniently within this thread. Read what the knowledgeable people have to say and stop being ignorant and stubborn.

I know that 5s run large, and Space Jam 11s seem to run small for some reason. Id go true to size on the bred 11s if I were you.
Go true to size on 11s. there isnt much room to go .5 down at all. I got 11.5 in concords and theyre almost too tight for me. i have a 12 in the bred 11s and they fit perfect
Damn, guess i gotta wait for someone to put a reasonable price up on ebay to get my regular size then. Thanks anyway guys

Last edited:
If it's KixRX. Stay away.

This is a pair I picked up not too long ago from a seller on eBay around the time of the concord restock on FNL. Seller had a good rep, provided proof of purchase from FTL but I was iffy when I got em. Said oh well n kept them anyway. I have worn them twice for about a total of 24 hours so they are starting to get that wide look in the back. anyways ... here they are

wait up, do these even have the footlocker sticker tho?

Last edited:
If it's KixRX. Stay away.

I thought GM don't go past a size 13?

They don't make grey markets in a size 12.5 or anything over size 13, so If you wear these sizes, you have nothing to worry about.

Nah I've seen 14s and 15s plenty of times. Grey market is where all of the athletes that aren't endorsed by Nike/Jordan get their early pairs from.

I have never seen a 12.5 though. I'll have to look out for that size.

Really? I have been checking out a lot of sources, and I haven't seen any over 13. I know that 12.5 doesn't exist.

You just don't see a lot bigger than 13 because there isn't really demand for them. Think about it, unless you already know someone will want that size, why would you be like "oh yeah, size 14 available? gotta get those to flip." A hassle that is not worthwhile.

Yeah I know, but even the wholesalers I have talked to said that they can't get their hands on anything over 13.

Check the PL cut here

...but these shoes are the same because they were all made in china by a factory that may or may not have been contracted by Nike at some point.

I just don't get how one could confidently buy kicks from the same place that sells 2009 space jams that clearly weren't made in 2009 & don't look like the shoe from 2009.
The Concords on the bottom look closer to OG patent cuts honestly, at least on the sides. I saw that with a few on Taobao sites, but the majority have the same 2011 cuts.

Last edited:
They don't make grey markets in a size 12.5 or anything over size 13, so If you wear these sizes, you have nothing to worry about.
that's what I thought. Duke had me confused for a bit. Also with the different PL cut I think those are different year versions hence the different patent leather cuts. I could be wrong so don't quote me.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say something as a general statement. Please dont use the LC forum as your basis for your ideas and opinions of how GM shoes look and are constructed. Think about it, why do we have that forum to begin with? So the poster can inquire about the authenticity of a shoe because usually something "off" or "iffy" about the shoe caught the posters eye. So naturally if a shoe (GM or retail) looks good and matches up to generally accepted standards why would they need to question authenticity or ask for a LC? 

My point being this: Alot of the GM and Retail Release shoes make it to the LC forum because for the most part there may be something off. This may not be the case but I'm beginning to think that many of the posters that are saying GM pairs are fake and have this general idea of the flaws that all grey market pairs are supposed have because they are basing their views off of the shoes in the LC forum. If people with flawless GM shoes have no reason to question authenticity or need a LC, thats going to make most of the ones needing LC are people who have something off and have a reason to question their shoes. Many people havent had their hands on actual pair of GM shoes so this is the only exposure they get in terms of actual pictures and biased information.

I only bring this up because ive noticed that many people posting here calling GM's fake are also in the LC forum posting where a lot of people come because the shoes they bought are off to begin with.

Hope i worded that right and everyone understands what im trying to say.

Last edited:
Nah I've seen 14s and 15s plenty of times. Grey market is where all of the athletes that aren't endorsed by Nike/Jordan get their early pairs from.

I have never seen a 12.5 though. I'll have to look out for that size.
Really? I ran into Stoudemire last year outside the Garden and he had on Black solar yeezys and I know he wears a 15/16. Even though I've never seen that size for sale I realize he is a Nike athlete. However, as an axample, I couldn't imagine Nate Robinson having a hard time getting the hook-up from Rip Hamilton. The term 'grey market' gets more confusing by the day. I've been applying it to unauthorized shoes being made by Nike contracted factories, whereas authorized shoes that went missing I consider to be black market.

Last edited:
Really? I ran into Stoudemire last year outside the Garden and he had on Black solar yeezys and I know he wears a 15/16. Even though I've never seen that size for sale I realize he is a Nike athlete. However, as an axample, I couldn't imagine Nate Robinson having a hard time getting the hook-up from Rip Hamilton. The term 'grey market' gets more confusing by the day. I've been applying it to unauthorized shoes being made by Nike contracted factories, whereas authorized shoes that went missing I consider to be black market.
he wears a 14 in yeezys, they run a whole sz big

Anyone here owns or have seen a pair of GM DB4s? 

How are they?

I plan on ordering one to display. 
wink.gif

They look like any authentic DB4 except they have the wrong tongue. There's no white border on it. Some have the correct tongue, but the majority don't. Best to stay away.

It's sad that Nike has made their most wanted kick so limited and unobtainable that residents of the greatest sneaker forum online have actually resorted to buying unofficial kicks for higher than retail. :smh:

Huh? I believe every year there are 500,000 pairs of XIs produced. People who struck out on release date for the Breds got them from European retailers for about $20 over retail and have been restocked at least 3 times. You can even get any XI for about even below retail off of Taobao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom