Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Never noticed that before, but my pairs do have this, all authorized. What it actually looks like is a guide the manufacturer uses to cut the patent leather. Like they press a guide down on the patent, and cut, and what's left is the guide's imprint. Good eye, you are a sneakerhead!

I try lol. I'll see what I can do about those pictures. Might be difficult to try and capture it on camera.

Can you really tell if a pair is authentic or GM?

Isn't it called GM because it's the same **** and supposedly, the only difference is the other one has Nike's consent?

Isn't it called GM because it's the same **** and supposedly, the only difference is the other one has Nike's consent?

You cannot tell the difference.

The only difference between GM and Authorized pairs are GM's arent going through quality control. Hence why homeboy a couple pages back had that lean't up toebox.

Ain't nobody in those factories worried about quality control. They're making these and dishing em' out.

The only way to tell is if the pair is defected.

Those would be the equivalent of a B-Grade.

Last edited:
they're not 100% they are still replicas made by factories that got the same material and mold. hence unauthorized. you are basically buying something not made by nike, it just looks identical.

Last edited:
Except 99% of most B-grades you can't really see the flaw. It's mostly something that can be seen with a microscope.
I've been thinking about checking out a pair of GM Broyal 1s, but I'm a little scared.

they're not 100% they are still replicas made by factories that got the same material and mold. hence unauthorized. you are basically buying something not made by nike, it just looks identical.

We been through this. Like 80+ pages of it.

Except 99% of most B-grades you can't really see the flaw. It's mostly something that can be seen with a microscope.
I've been thinking about checking out a pair of GM Broyal 1s, but I'm a little scared.

Naw. There have been upside down Jupmman's etc. on B Grades in the past.

Last edited:
I'm talking about the ones you find at the Oulets. With the B stamped on the tag.

Uhh, yeah they do..... My Team Red XIIIs that I bought at the Outlets had a B stamped on the tag.

I'm talking about the ones you find at the Oulets. With the B stamped on the tag.

But what I'm saying is, these people are working off the clock.

They're trying to make as many shoes as they can to make this money. There is no Nike supervisor walking through making sure the quality is top notch. EVERYTHING gets thrown into boxes and shipped out. Crooked Jumpman logo's, defected midsoles, etc. Its a "you take it or you leave it" ballgame with this.

You're gambling when you order from these sites. Thats why its better to get an agent so they can send you pictures of what you're getting. If you don't like the way it looks, they send them back.

sucks for you.
no shoe i ever bought at an outlet had a huge "B GRADE" stamp on them lol

Smh. Guess you haven't bought enough shoes in your life. More than likely, the shoes that you got from outlets with no b grade stamp are the shoes redistributed from retail stores. True b grades never make it to retail stores, but can bd sold at outlet stores. Thats the whole purpose for outlet stores like tanger. They sale old items or manufactured defects or sometimes, a designer makes an item just for an outlet store.

Here it is guys, still looks fake to me

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

Last edited:
Who else have ordered the Royal 1's from rstor here?

Can somebody who owns an actual original release pair please measure how high the high top is for a size 9?

Last edited:

You CAN tell the difference in some cases and we've gone over that too (blue sole SJ's, royal 1 toebox shape). Hate when dudes speak like they have the bible to this.

You CAN tell the difference in some cases and we've gone over that too (blue sole SJ's, royal 1 toebox shape). Hate when dudes speak like they have the bible to this.
Agreed, since there is no form of strict quality control dictating what goes out to the consumer, some pairs look worse than others. And as stated, some pairs of Space Jams were made with blue tinted soles for some reason. But there are just as many out there with clear soles.

Best thing to do when it comes with GM shoes is do your research. Yes that means reading this thread, Yes that means deciphering a poorly google translated taobao page. Look up reviews, look up seller info/ratings (taobao has them), most importantly study the shoes. This thread has tons of great pictures but NT shouldnt be the only place your looking if you want to learn the differences, if any, some GM shoes have. Tons of youtube videos, and ebay listings. And before you say "if GM shoes all look the same as release day pairs how am i supposed to tell which ones are GM on ebay?" Simple, look at everything as a whole. Does the seller have full size run of DB4s? Has he sold hundreds of pairs of bred 11s and concords? Seriously, when it comes to buying GM shoes common sense will be your best friend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom