Griffey 1 Vs. Griffey 2...

its crazy, i like both, but fresh waters look better, even though the air bubble and colorway on the 2's are amazing

hv1hcy.jpg

throw in an OG just in case the point wasn't made clear.....

2ajqarl.jpg

When people think of Ken Griffey's shoes, the first shoe that generally pops in their minds is the Griffey 1's...that should answer the question, and as to what shoe I feel is more iconic also.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by AlteredMayhem

i love both and both are a must have IMO but if i had to choose it would be 2 > 1 all day.....

Nike, please please please make it happen asap....i need a new pair!

nerd.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The 2's, not even a contest.  If I remember correctly I think back in the 90's the 2 had more love. 

both are great shoes for sure, and sig line of my fav baseball player
pimp.gif

i love the swingman logo, so with that being said, i'd say the II's by a hair

Ima have to say the 1's but its not by much..I would love Nike to retro a pair of 2's tho, I been in love with them since I first saw them

i love both the griff 1 AND 2. the griff 2, in particular, i loved the to OG colorways. i also loved the retro+ grey/burgundy as well. the retro+ white/reds, not so much.

on the other hand, i have yet to see a bad c/w for the griff 1 (save for the pointless black/blacks
eyes.gif
. the AGM1 started it all for me and are def. special tho imo. the unique design and then some. the style was futuristic. it's one of my all time favorite kicks EVER! i WILL be copping the greys as well. hard to make an ugly c/w.

all that said, griff 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> griff 2 by a long shot.

I had a og emerald pair of the II's last year. so mad I got rid of them. Hands down, the 2's are better but both are hot.

I knew this would be close.

Griffey Max 1.....20 Votes
Griffey Max 2.....18 Votes

Ninjahood & Purple Sneaks......Voted a Tie.

Originally Posted by sneakermane

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Air Griffey Max 1 (Black/Mariner Emerald)
Dope OG colorway. Nike should have retroed that instead of the all-blacks or that gray colorway that's dropping soon.
Luv the Freshwaters, But Griffey 2s are better.....but not by much.
Technically, the OG white/black/Mariner emeralds are the same as what we now call the 'freshwaters'. Nike decided to change the name of the color, but its essentially still teal. 
But, yeah... this c/w should have been next in line.  IMO, all the non-OG black/black, black/red, and grey/orion blue c/w's are just
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

This man speaks the truth.  The end-all Griffey is the blk/emerald Griffey 1.

You know it.  The white midsole would be the icing-on-the-cake for me...
I'm gonna post these any chance I get
tongue.gif
... cuz hopefully, someone from Nike is watching
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom