**** Gringos vs. Kunas ****

PatRiley

formerly heirjordan15
NT, I am studying in the Republic of Panama this summer and to make a long story short:
-Started studying here in May (via FSU), leave in August

-Went on a trip to the San Blas Islands in the Caribbean with a group of students

-Met some of the indigenous Kuna Yala Indians on a small island village

-They had a basketball court in the center of their village

-Expressed my interest to play ball so they challenged us to come back the next day and a couple games

-Created a video of it all video in hopes to fundraise�through my contacts�to help fix their hoops and get them other equipment

But what I really need to know is, are there any websites where I can set up to receive donations electronically? Any better options that anyone knows about? I already looked into setting up a nonprofit organization through a bank account, but it would be a difficult and long process since I'm in another country and only have less than 2 months left in my program. Some relatives might want to send $ in the mail but I don't trust Panama mail, they already lost some of mine
laugh.gif
mad.gif
Also, I know some people will be worried about where their funds go once they get to me since it's not an official non-profit. �I AM NOT DOING THIS TO GET $$ FROM NT, but I thought I'd share the video to those who are interested.

Video is below. I'm in the teal FC Barcelona jersey. average height of the kunas had to be less than 5'7. 

NT, I am studying in the Republic of Panama this summer and to make a long story short:
-Started studying here in May (via FSU), leave in August

-Went on a trip to the San Blas Islands in the Caribbean with a group of students

-Met some of the indigenous Kuna Yala Indians on a small island village

-They had a basketball court in the center of their village

-Expressed my interest to play ball so they challenged us to come back the next day and a couple games

-Created a video of it all video in hopes to fundraise�through my contacts�to help fix their hoops and get them other equipment

But what I really need to know is, are there any websites where I can set up to receive donations electronically? Any better options that anyone knows about? I already looked into setting up a nonprofit organization through a bank account, but it would be a difficult and long process since I'm in another country and only have less than 2 months left in my program. Some relatives might want to send $ in the mail but I don't trust Panama mail, they already lost some of mine
laugh.gif
mad.gif
Also, I know some people will be worried about where their funds go once they get to me since it's not an official non-profit. �I AM NOT DOING THIS TO GET $$ FROM NT, but I thought I'd share the video to those who are interested.

Video is below. I'm in the teal FC Barcelona jersey. average height of the kunas had to be less than 5'7. 

Ol girl in the dress look like she got a little wagon back there. You hitting that?

Ol girl in the dress look like she got a little wagon back there. You hitting that?

Originally Posted by Furrell

laugh.gif
 maybe this was the wrong place to ask

Originally Posted by Furrell

laugh.gif
 maybe this was the wrong place to ask

Back
Top Bottom