Grizzly Bear- Veckatimest

Thoughts?

Overall first impressions seem to be that it lives up to the hype, excellent album. Haven't given it a focused listen since I got it, but I like a lot ofwhat I have heard. Definitely feels more focused than Yellow House, IMO.

I don't think I'll like it as much as MPP, that's still probably gonna be my pick for AOY for 2009, but who knows.

I've been trying to tell NT about this for awhile but no one else was listening,

http://niketalk.com/topic/158334

Glad to see someone else is listening to quality music here. I'm impressed you lasted till the release date, I gave in with the crappy web rip right away
ohwell.gif
, Also saw your post about Fleet Foxes and I fell in love with therealbum last summer, great summer album and looking forward to there next release.

Originally Posted by schudj25

I've been trying to tell NT about this for awhile but no one else was listening,

http://niketalk.com/topic/158334

Glad to see someone else is listening to quality music here. I'm impressed you lasted till the release date, I gave in with the crappy web rip right away
ohwell.gif
, Also saw your post about Fleet Foxes and I fell in love with there album last summer, great summer album and looking forward to there next release.

I heard how bad the quality of the rip was so I decided to stick it out.
laugh.gif
Any other 2009 albums you'd recommend?

Excellent album. schudj, I saw your post when you made it but wanted to wait for a better quality rip. Finally got it last week.

Very quality CD. I don't love it quite as much as everyone else seems to, but i still think its a damn good album. While You Wait for the Others & TwoWeeks are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My recommendations for music that came out in 09would probably have to be (not in any particular order)

Phoenix- Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
Animal Collective- Merriweather Post Pavilion
Doves-Kingdom of Rest
Bon Iver-Blood Bank EP
Various Artists- Dark Was The Night
Noble Beast-Andrew Bird
M.Ward-Hold Time
Wilco- Wilco (The Album)
Dan Auerbach-Keep It Hid

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Excellent album. schudj, I saw your post when you made it but wanted to wait for a better quality rip. Finally got it last week.
Originally Posted by schudj25

My recommendations for music that came out in 09would probably have to be (not in any particular order)

Phoenix- Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
Animal Collective- Merriweather Post Pavilion
Doves-Kingdom of Rest
Bon Iver-Blood Bank EP
Various Artists- Dark Was The Night
Noble Beast-Andrew Bird
M.Ward-Hold Time
Wilco- Wilco (The Album)
Dan Auerbach-Keep It Hi
If you're just keeping it on the "indie" tip, I would also suggest the new albums by Dan Callahan, Passion Pit, Moz, DirtyProjectors, Audrye Sessions, etc.

Sonic Youth's new one is a gem, too.

This has been a great year for pretty much every genre of music except rap. And we're still waiting on new ones from Voxtrot and Mew.

Out of that list, I only see Wilco as something I need to listen to (I've heard the Grizzly Bear). What should I check out for guitar heavy, kinda bluesystuff?

Anyone heard the new Antony and the Johnsons "The Crying Light?" Fair amount of buzz surrounding that release but upon first listen it's notreally my thing. Definitely gonna give it some more spins before I make up my mind though.

Originally Posted by sixersdukejordan

Out of that list, I only see Wilco as something I need to listen to (I've heard the Grizzly Bear). What should I check out for guitar heavy, kinda bluesy stuff?
The only artist that I can think of that was released this year would be Dan Auerbach for blues heavy rock considering he is part of The BlackKeys. Besides that I'm sure you already know/ listened to De Stijl by the White Stripes and the early Kings of Leon (When they were great) like Youth andYoung manhood or Aha Shake Heartbreak .

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Anyone heard the new Antony and the Johnsons "The Crying Light?" Fair amount of buzz surrounding that release but upon first listen it's not really my thing. Definitely gonna give it some more spins before I make up my mind though.
I could not get into this kind of music either. Its just not my style of music and never really understood the hype for them.

I'm already bored with the album. Not to say that it is a "bad" album, because musically it's excellent, and when it leaked I really wasdigging it the first few listens, but I am way over it.

Back
Top Bottom