Group Of Men File Discrimination For Not Being Allowed To Join Sorority

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

LOL @ bigots. Son, these are dudes, regardless of their sexual preference. Why should they be allowed to join a sorority when fraternities are already in place for males to join? So we're just gonna let everyone mix and match and join whatever they want just because they feel like it? Naw homie.....that isn't how life works.

If they were denied access to a frat, yeah, I'd take issue with that. If they weren't allowed to form their own greek organization based on their sexual preference, yeah, I'd take issue with that. But dudes joining a female organization because they're gay? What's next? Are we gonna allow dudes to use the female restroom because they're gay? Naw son....if you have a !%*%, you're a dude regardless of whether you like men or women. I'm all for equality and justice, but this is out of hand, IMO.

With? They are male tho? That is why you got denied. If anything, try and start up a gay frat? Geeze

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I would love to hear Dirty or MethodMan comment on this situation. They usually bring a lot of common sense and ethics to any thread they post in.
I'm ignorant of what laws and legalities frats and sororities have regarding being gender specific..but if it's anything like private golf clubs.  They have the choice to be exclusive.
If the sororities accept university funding, which in turn most certainly accepts federal funding... then by proxy, they may HAVE to accept them.  Again, I don't know if that is what's required by law.

Personally, I agree with one of the opinions above. They identify as being male, not female. Sororities by definition are female. The sorority should not be forced to accept them solely based on the fact that they find males to be their sexual preference.  

roll.gif

Originally Posted by BasedOMG

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

you guys are some real bigots. these guys just want equal rights and were blatantly discriminated against
30t6p3b.gif
One day society will remember you for your shallow minds

tumblr_lyq1mnQA4a1r1k411o1_500.jpg

Remember it!!!

Write it down, take a picture - I don't give a *$$$!!!!!
roll.gif
sarcasm fellas 
laugh.gif
, I should have realized it doesnt translate well in text

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I would love to hear Dirty or MethodMan comment on this situation. They usually bring a lot of common sense and ethics to any thread they post in.
I'm ignorant of what laws and legalities frats and sororities have regarding being gender specific..but if it's anything like private golf clubs.  They have the choice to be exclusive.
If the sororities accept university funding, which in turn most certainly accepts federal funding... then by proxy, they may HAVE to accept them.  Again, I don't know if that is what's required by law.

Personally, I agree with one of the opinions above. They identify as being male, not female. Sororities by definition are female. The sorority should not be forced to accept them solely based on the fact that they find males to be their sexual preference.  

You right Dirty if most of the divine 9 organization are taking public money on a public campus they have to at least let them pledge ....they can say no on the basis of it will mess up the "Legacy"

.....I graduated from TSU .....
embarassed.gif

And that vid was an underground chapter which could get the Soroity banned from campus if they were hazed or anything.....

Back
Top Bottom