Growing African American Hair out (or hair in general) Vol. 101

Don't comb your hair and just wash your hair with a non residue shampoo every 3 to 4 days.

You can purchase some non resiude shampoo from http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com/ or you can do a baking soda wash followed by an avc rinse if you don't want to spend money on a non residue shampoo. For baking soda wash all you have to do is put 1/2 cup of arm and hammer baking soda and mix it with 5 cups of warm water than pour over your hair and let it sit in your hair for 15 to 20 min and then rinse it out with warm water than cold water.  You then put 1 or 2 tablespoon of avc and mix it with 4 cups of water pour that over your head and let that sit in your hair for 2 to 3 min and then rinse it out. You then let your hair air dry.

Unless you have dreads I wouldn't use residue free shampoo. Gonna have your hair dry as hell.

Unless you have dreads I wouldn't use residue free shampoo. Gonna have your hair dry as hell.
They ain't true fam and if your hair is feeling dry you can condition the hair with a small amount of pure aloe vera the food grade kind or pure aloe vera gel without alcohol.

Say word? You cereal? I did not know this.
Yeah fam, getting dreads the natural way by just washing every three to four days and not combing your hair is the way to go G, it doesn't put stress on your hair, keeping your hairline intact.

the ugly stage was some of the best years of my life :smokin

I just smoke hella tree and let it do its own thing til i get a retwist. had dreads for 6 years now.

Yeah fam, getting dreads the natural way by just washing every three to four days and not combing your hair is the way to go G, it doesn't put stress on your hair, keeping your hairline intact.

That **** be lookin unkempt as hell tho. :x

But if you bout that life, I've heard that it is better to grow em that way.

What do you all use to moisturize and prevent dandruff? 

300_717359.jpg

wash and condition with this
rby-herbal-essences-hello-hydration-mdn.jpg

Is there a product that will give you a natural curl without using a texturizer kit or any chemicals?

Dreads for almost 4 years now. The ugly stage is only ugly if you a ugly dude. Short dreads build character like dude said. You can't skip it. These females got ya'll scared to grow your hair out.

Hair is hair. You all need to go to some of these websites that women use.

CurlyNikki is a good one.

I need a line on that residue free shampoo. And does the olive oil shampoo dry out anybody elses hair?

Yo I had like bad psirorias in the front of my hair and its left a thin spot what should I do to fix it

dont use shampoo to wash...shampoos are a rip off.....theres plenty of other "organic" ways to wash your hair.. ie virgin coconout oil

Hair is hair. You all need to go to some of these websites that women use.

CurlyNikki is a good one.
Thing is, I just don't like how pseudo-scientific some of the stuff comes off as. I'll check out that site, but still. It sounds like they're just making proclamations that aren't really substantiated. 

I just think it is a group of people using products and letting other folks know how their hair reacts to it. Nothing further.

I use hair one sulfate free. it's good.

Trying to get it like nick young or michael ealy length. Keep a taper at all costs if you can.

Last edited:
Dreads for almost 4 years now. The ugly stage is only ugly if you a ugly dude. Short dreads build character like dude said. You can't skip it. These females got ya'll scared to grow your hair out.
some are scared of white America doe

Back
Top Bottom