Gucci Mane Feat. Talib Kweli - Poltergeist [Prod By Zaytoven]

Originally Posted by MASERATI HARM

Unexpected ...
Kweli said somethin about it on twitter like a month or 2 ago. Not that it was gonna happen, but it could.... Needless to say people were outraged. Sayin they wouldnt listen to him anymore and that he was a sellout and all that.

Unexpected ...
Kweli said somethin about it on twitter like a month or 2 ago. Not that it was gonna happen, but it could.... Needless to say people were outraged. Sayin they wouldnt listen to him anymore and that he was a sellout and all that.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

i love when @#$% like this happens and those hip hop elitists have nothing to say
laugh.gif
I do
!%*! Kweli

That's how I feel right now

I could go on but right now I'm really disappointed right now

Call me a hater or whatever but  really Kwe 
grin.gif
?

Really?

i love when @#$% like this happens and those hip hop elitists have nothing to say
laugh.gif
I do
!%*! Kweli

grin.gif
?

Really?

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

laugh.gif
I do
!%*! Kweli

grin.gif
?

Really?
smh.gif
^ hater

laugh.gif
I do
!%*! Kweli

grin.gif
?

Really?
smh.gif
^ hater

Originally Posted by TrappenAintDead

Unexpected ...

I dont really see it as him sellin out tho, but I can understand why some dudes are mad, like my dude YDB
laugh.gif

Maybe if Kwe came on there and didnt go as hard as he did, talmbout straight non sense and then I would see a reason, but he stayed true.

Unexpected ...

I dont really see it as him sellin out tho, but I can understand why some dudes are mad, like my dude YDB
laugh.gif

Maybe if Kwe came on there and didnt go as hard as he did, talmbout straight non sense and then I would see a reason, but he stayed true.

To me Kweli is the exact opposite of Gucci, the antithesis even

Even dudes who listen to Gucci acknowledge that dude has little to no rapping skill and even sometimes in rare cases admit it's %#+* %+## (think minstrel)
It's usually them same dudes who be on some "Oh you listen to that Mos Def/Talib Kweli stuff huh? You like to read huh? Ain't nobody tryin to hear that in the club, what the chicks wanna hear? Gucci. Not that dictionary rap."

Are there ppl who are fans of both? Prob but I predict a very small percentage

Doing a collabo with him doesn't add to Kweli's fanbase in anyway shape or form and If anything alienates his old fans (I'm still gonna rock with him regardless cuz he makes good music but I'm still disappointed)
I'll even predict that the majority of the Gucci fans that listen to this song will either tune Kweli's part out and not pay attention to the lyrics, hit the back button before Kweli comes on or find a version that's Kweli-less if a remix with Waka and OJ replacing him doesn't come out in the near future

I understand he doesn't like to be put into the "Conscious" box but c'mon son
Gucci? Forreal?
SMH
If that makes me a hater sign me up for the Buckwild spot with Star; I'm done

Even dudes who listen to Gucci acknowledge that dude has little to no rapping skill and even sometimes in rare cases admit it's %#+* %+## (think minstrel)
It's usually them same dudes who be on some "Oh you listen to that Mos Def/Talib Kweli stuff huh? You like to read huh? Ain't nobody tryin to hear that in the club, what the chicks wanna hear? Gucci. Not that dictionary rap."

Doing a collabo with him doesn't add to Kweli's fanbase in anyway shape or form and If anything alienates his old fans (I'm still gonna rock with him regardless cuz he makes good music but I'm still disappointed)
I'll even predict that the majority of the Gucci fans that listen to this song will either tune Kweli's part out and not pay attention to the lyrics, hit the back button before Kweli comes on or find a version that's Kweli-less if a remix with Waka and OJ replacing him doesn't come out in the near future

Gucci? Forreal?
SMH

What if Gucci's a big fan of Talib, and he's tryna put his fans on to some real rap?

What if Gucci's a big fan of Talib, and he's tryna put his fans on to some real rap?

Originally Posted by Taylavell

Unexpected ...

laugh.gif

That's why I have no problem with this track... Its not like he came on rapping about stuff opposite of his style. He stayed true to his usual stuff...

Originally Posted by Taylavell

Unexpected ...

laugh.gif

That's why I have no problem with this track... Its not like he came on rapping about stuff opposite of his style. He stayed true to his usual stuff...

Gucci? Forreal?
SMH

You generalize too much though.
For the record this sounds like a mixtape track, NOT something that would make to 106 & park etc, so I dont see it as selling out at all

Gucci? Forreal?
SMH

You generalize too much though.
For the record this sounds like a mixtape track, NOT something that would make to 106 & park etc, so I dont see it as selling out at all

Back
Top Bottom