Guyanese POLICEMEN arrested for torturing suspects by setting his crotch on FIRE

eek.gif
[table][tr][td][/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
guyana_flag.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]The boy was one of two suspects held in connection with last week's murder of former Region Three Vice Chairman, Ramnauth Bisram. (File photo)[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
GEORGETOWN, Guyana, November 2, 2009 - The Guyana Police Force has arrested two of its own following allegations that for several days they tortured two suspects - including a teenager whose genitals they allegedly burned.

The announcement of the arrest of the officers came on the heels of a report in the Kaieteur News publication which alleged excessive use of force on prisoners by members of the Force, which also featured a picture of the 15-year-old's burnt genitals

The boy was one of two suspects held in connection with last week's murder of former Region Three Vice Chairman, Ramnauth Bisram.

"Having been arrested they were interviewed by two ranks attached to the Criminal Investigation Department who are alleged to have used excessive force on the prisoners resulting in them receiving injuries. However, they were medically treated and remained in custody," the statement said.

"The two ranks who were conducting the investigations and were responsible for the interrogation of the suspects have been arrested and are in police custody."

The Kaieteur New reported that the boy's genital area was soaked with mentholated spirits then set alight by police.

The other suspect who was being questioned, Deonarine Rafick, also alleged that he was mistreated as well.

During a court appearance, he showed a wound to his head which required stitches.

The Guyana Human Rights Association (GHRA) has condemned the teenager's torture, saying that such activity was becoming systematic.

It issued a statement in which it said that brutality meted out to suspects in the murder investigation "reveals the depth of depravity accommodated by the Guyana Police Force".
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Pictures are graphic...

http://www.mediatakeout.com/2009/36...t_it_on_fire_warning_-_extremely_graphic.html

My parents are from Guyana. It's a severely messed up place. There are more Guyanese people living in Canada and the U.S. than in Guyana itself. There arevery good reasons for that.

My mom is Guyanese. Damn that's crazy
sick.gif
. I gotta tell her about this.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Originally Posted by DR813

sick.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
..... why didn't you say, I'm guyanese????
because I wasn't in born in Guyana. I was born in New York.

sick.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Pretty much...lol...if ya moms is Guyanese that makes you Guyanese BY DEFAULT...
laugh.gif

sick.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

My parents are from Barbados...I was born in New York as well...But I'm still Bajan...
If you deny that...tell that to the Guyanese blood running thru ya veins

Originally Posted by Stixx

sick.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

My parents are from Barbados...I was born in New York as well...But I'm still Bajan...
If you deny that...tell that to the Guyanese blood running thru ya veins

I'm not denying it. and the reason why I wrote it that way is because my father is from Jamaica, so I'm half Guyanese and half Jamaican. so I'm not100% Guyanese.

Back
Top Bottom