GXFR - Griselda by Fashion Rebels | Official Thread

Ya see what con said about flex?

What yall think

I don't think it's entirely Funk Flex's fault. New York's radio stations have no invested interest in pumping out new talent. It's not just him, and the only guy that does is White and isn't respected (Peter Rosenburg).

New York rappers history can't break out unless they make music that's popular in other states. There's no reason guys like Griselda, Saigon, Papoose, Skyzoo, Smoke DZA, A$AP Mob, Action Bronson/Mayhem Lauren should not have more notoriety. It's only because they don't adopt another state's sound to get viewership. NY is based in lyricism and for some reason people think that's boring. I don't think everybody needs to necessarily love it, but there is a technical skill in lyrics that's lost in music, and also it isn't getting enough exposure.

I don't think it will change until fans demand not listening to these stations until we get some local talent played, or until a new medium is developed (like a NY rap podcast or something) where talent that's based in the "Traditional NY sound" or at least pays respects to it is played.

ANY artist looks crazy complaining about radio spins and support in 2022. There’s so many more avenues for these guys to get the music heard.

Saba has one of the best albums recently and I’ve never heard him on Chicago radio. That didn’t stop me from finding his music just like lack of radio support didn’t stop me from finding Griselda

^you just still want to see artists that you support actually getting those spins, cause it would lead to even more doors opening. Big Krit is one of my favorite artists since 2010, and I’ve listened to him more than any one of the guys considered his peers (Kendrick, Cole, Drake, Big Sean), yet he’s had like 1/50000th the radio presence of every one of them. That’s a problem. Have no problem with what a I way said cause he was correct, but that’s how a lot of cities are with their own artists, especially when it comes to newer music from those artists. It’s cool for them to keep older stuff in rotation, but I think it’s honestly insulting when that city has hardly played any new music by those same artists despite those artists often making music consistently. Don’t think I’ve heard or heard about a newer Lil’ Flip song on Houston radio since 2007, despite him probably releasing more music than any other Houston artist during that same time span. That’s a problem everywhere.

Radio used to be regional and I loved it. That’s not the world we live in anymore. Everything is syndicated and they’re playing the exact same list everywhere I assume. An artist like Russ is proof that you don’t have to get that radio play, if the music is really good, it’ll be heard.

1657842162673.png

Back
Top Bottom