GXFR - Griselda by Fashion Rebels | Official Thread

I liked it, wasn't a fan of the beat switch but I thought the overall song was cool. Em also seemed pissed which I'm always a fan of

Honestly, Em sounds trash on here. I know for a fact he co-produced this so he could get that beat switch. He took a classic Griselda type beat and Emified it.

SMFH.

Attachments

• 2B310666-D70E-4749-8A44-1A8BBABE2D7D.png
    2B310666-D70E-4749-8A44-1A8BBABE2D7D.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 13
so I finally heard...

I don't have anything nice to say about it tbh so i'ma chill. I really hope for the wsg collab that he gives us a ***** please II performance and plays off of the artists he's on the track with.

it would be nice to hear him draw his words out/slow down like wsg for a bit. hope wsg gets in his ear now and he lets him control the whole track.

daringer doesn't need help.
between em and busta, that beat switch (in ems case)/take the beat off 5 times for one 16 (busta's case) thing has to stop.

also, side note but industry dudes like em could benefit from rocking with the producers in these circles with Griselda, da cloth, etc.
would be dope to hear em over sadhu gold for example.

I consider Conway a horrorcore rapper...em can easily rap about similar stuff. they have access to daringer, dj muggs, sadhu gold, alchemist, etc. basically producers that make real grimy beats. I don't understand what the problem is.
em gotta stop with the weird stuff. at least just give us ONE pre 2003 verse. i'd even take and prefer vocals from back then used now.

Em knows what the critques of him have been lately but he's too stubborn and into his status as a "rap god" to do something else.
Track was great until he came in, not his worst work but I just don't care to hear him anymore.

A couple of weeks ago I watched this YouTube video where dude was breaking down Will Smith for the past decade or so. And he basically said that Will was great but that he tailors every role to his tastes. Anything he does, it’s on the Will brand. He mentioned Suicide Squad and how Will had to play that role his way. Eminem is the same way. Em gets on a record, he’s going to rap fast about some bull****, dated references, dated beefs. He’s going to get Luis Resto to play some keys, he’s going to do his own drums. He’s going to add his touch to whatever is presented in front of him. And that was one of Budden’s complaints. In that regard, what Will is to movies, Em is to music.

Ima just dub the Amityville verse over Em’s verse.:lol::pimp:

It’s like he forgot not to rap at a constant slower pace. Feels like he’s always trying to prove how technical he can still be.

Hearing him talk about having to basically re-learn how to rap after kicking his addiction problem was interesting. That's probably why he tries so hard now and just sounds corny at times. From 98-04 he would just flow, it was effortless.

They way went in outta flows on Amityville is crazy.

Hearing him talk about having to basically re-learn how to rap after kicking his addiction problem was interesting. That's probably why he tries so hard now and just sounds corny at times. From 98-04 he would just flow, it was effortless.

They way went in outta flows on Amityville is crazy.

98-04 Em is a GOAT. I don’t know who this current Eminem is

The way Em channels his energy when he raps is just different now, when he was nasally it was just way better.

That Communion sound with Elcamino and Benny is so tough. Sounds like what Michael Myers or Jason would’ve produced if they were in the studio :lol:

The more I thought about Em ever getting on a track with one of these dudes I sort of cringed and it came true listening to this. These guys just need the Shady machine behind them. I don't think Em is in that lane. The verses they get from Busta, Kiss, and Pusha :nthat: I hope a Freddie Gibbs collab is coming. But Em is not in that lane to fit with these guys.

Back
Top Bottom