Half-naked PETA activists turn heads in downtown Fort Lauderdale

FORT LAUDERDALE - Animal rights activists turned heads downtown Thursday as they doused themselves in fake blood and lay onthe sidewalk, half-naked and wrapped in plastic.

Their message: Meat is murder.

About two dozen volunteers and staff members of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals gathered at East Las Olas Boulevard and Federal Highway at noonto urge passersby to become vegetarians.

Four women stripped down to their underwear in front of the Cheesecake Factory, rubbed on stage blood and lay down on large trays made to resemblesupermarket meat packages.

Dozens of people stopped to take pictures and pick up pamphlets.

Danilo Bonachea, a self-described "sausage eater" from Deerfield Beach, said he drove by the scene three times before parking to see what washappening.

"It was pretty trippy," said Bonachea, 49, with a camera in hand. "I never looked at (meat) like that."

I honestly wish the stuff they do would affect me, so I could lose weight and eat healthier

Well, even if you were indeed a vegetarian that doesn't necessarily mean you would lose weight. Its quite easy actually to gain weight as avegetarian(depends on your daily caloric intake and activity level of course).

Danilo Bonachea, a self-described "sausage eater" from Deerfield Beach

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom