Half Siblings *Mature Discussion* vol. Papa was a rolling stone.

Whats up NT Fam,
The family structure in this generation has changed dramatically from the more "traditional" aspect of what it used to be. I recently found out I had a little brother.  Met him for the first time yesterday.  Dude is mad cool, and I look forward to spending more time with him in the future.  Being an only child, I've always wanted a younger brother or at least another sibling, so it's kind of cool to play the big brother part.
pimp.gif
With that said, how many of y'all have half siblings? What's your relationship like with them and why? For those who don't have half siblings, how do you feel about it? 

I've got one of those....Half-brother. Didn't know he existed until I was about 8 years old when he came to live with us. Me and him are night and day. He's a loose cannon. Trouble always around him when we hangout...Even when we don't. It was good to have him around to toughen me up I guess, but we've always had an on and off relationship. He's moved in with or around my Dad off and on for years now so that's pretty much only when I see him. It's cool to have an older brother, but I don't lose sleep when we don't talk.

Plus, I think I learned a lot from being the oldest then being the middle and back to the oldest child in my family. Kind of cool, actually.

It's pretty crazy when you find out seemingly out of the clear blue that you have other siblings.  
All of my life, it was just myself (24), my older sister who is 30 (we have the same father), and our little brother (16) who has a different father.  He's technically our "half" brother but it's no such thing in our eyes because we've grown up together since his birth.

However, about 8 years ago, I found out that I have an older brother and sister...both of which are over 40.  I'm cool with them, but I never really got close to them.  Then last summer while I was at work, I got a text message followed by a facebook invitation, from some guy claiming to be my brother.  He's the same age as me...which means my father was gettin it in while my mother was pregnant with me.  And then I found out about another brother of mine (14) that I have who was my father's "parting gift" before he died.  I'm still not ready to meet either of them yet, because I have a lot going on in my life right now.  And there could still be more out there...

My father was a ho.  
ohwell.gif

I got. 1/2 sisters, we are cool but they live far away in other states so that limits our relationship to an extent

we all have the same mother so i didn't really know what half-sibiling meant until i was 13...still don't get it...that's my brother and sister and we're close

I have an older 1/2 brother and a younger 1/2 sister (all same father). im cool with them, but not like i come over their place every month. We weren't all raised together. The older brother didnt even know about the younger sister til I told him about her.

I have 2 half brothers, I'm older and the age gap is huge, but I love them regardless. They live with my dad so I see them whenever i'm there.

I have 5 half-siblings and 3 step siblings, split between 2 households though. People get really confused when I try and explain it to them
laugh.gif

Don't have any half siblings, but I had my cousin move in for 2 years so he could go to my high school. Definitely a worth while experience. I remember we used to fight all the time at school, and the teachers would just let it go because we were related.

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

I have 5 half-siblings and 3 step siblings, split between 2 households though. People get really confused when I try and explain it to them
laugh.gif

This.  Whenever I try to explain my family, the confused look on peoples faces always make me laugh.  

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

I have 2 half-siblings and 5 step siblings, split between 2 households though. People get really confused when I try and explain it to them
laugh.gif

I get myself confused explaining this
laugh.gif
....I live with one 1/2 sister and seldomly see the other but I claim them as regulars. We all have a good relationship

I have a half brother. I first met him when he was 3 or 4 and he's about to turn 20, and we're 4 years apart. So we've spent our entire lives together and get along great. 

2 half brothers and 1 half sister (same dad) Seen my Bros a few times but only
seen my Sis once in my life. Not really close to any of them and found out my Bro
has a daughter. Really wish I could be in her life
ohwell.gif

I have a half brother who I never see cause he lives with his mom. We were cool when we were kids but then I moved away and we rarely see each other. The convos between us are like if two strangers are talking. I dont like it, but it doesnt seem like its going to change and I accept it. If he ever needed anything though he could count on me.

I have 2 half-sisters and 1 half-brother that I've never actually seen before in my life. It was sort of something I kind of avoided all my life, than when my father passed in '07, I told myself I would go find them one of these days.

But since then, I've lost all interest to go and find them and unfortunately as I get older - I'm starting to care less about seeing them, only because we're getting older and I'm sure they feel jaded in some kind of way.

Crazy thing is, I could walk by one of them not ever knowing who they are..%+!+ is wild.

I don't consider my lil bro my 1/2 bro, been raised in my house since he was born

love the lil kid to death I don't think having the same father would change anything
laugh.gif

Half-Sister, but moms and pops don't think I know that I have a half-sister.

Quite naturally, i've never met her…

Cold game

I've got a half sister on my dads side that's about two years older than me. When my dad would visit, he'd bring her sometimes. Last time I saw her was in 04 and we never communicate so I'm basically an only child.

I got a half sister ...... met her once when I was like 5 or 6 (she was a baby) then again when I was like 15. My dad took us all out to six-flags and everything was cool. Like really cool, as if no time had passed and we had been in each other's lives the whole time. Wanted to sit next to me on all the rides and everything
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I got kinda hype cuz I liked the thought of having a lil' sis. A legit one (I have lil' "play" sisters, but you know... it's different)

Never forget one day I called her shortly after the six-flags trip just to chop it up with her. When she answered the phone she told her mom "Oh..... it's just Robert's (my father) daughter"

THAT Cut me deep
30t6p3b.gif
Haven't spoken to or seen her since. Last I heard she was down and out on skid-row *shrugs*

I have a half bro n sis from my pop's previous relationships
A half bro from my mother's previous marriage.
My relationships with all are sound.
they were always around growing up (im the youngest of 6 including halfs, 10 yrs younger than the oldest)
didnt even know they were halfs until I grew old enough to figure it out for myself.
although I feel they all resent my sisters and I to an extent because my dad married our mom-instead of either of theirs-and is still w/ her. and my mother's son never knew his dad n doesn't consider my father one.

I am an only child, but my Pops got remarried when I was 5. He had 3 more children with my step-mother. My siblings and I don't consider ourselves 1/2 even though we technically are. We all live in different states and are involved in our own separate lives, not close but no beef either.

Never met my half brother. He passed away a year before I was born. He was my mother's first child. According to my mother and pretty much everyone in the family we both have the same personality traits even though we have different fathers. It would've been real nice to meet him.

I have a half brother who I consider a brother but only seen him a handful of times. My half sister, I've never met before. I just found out about her a couple years ago. Last I heard, she lived in Sacramento but don't know why I never made an effort to go see her.

Both my half-siblings came from different women.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

It's pretty crazy when you find out seemingly out of the clear blue that you have other siblings.  
All of my life, it was just myself (24), my older sister who is 30 (we have the same father), and our little brother (16) who has a different father.  He's technically our "half" brother but it's no such thing in our eyes because we've grown up together since his birth.

However, about 8 years ago, I found out that I have an older brother and sister...both of which are over 40.  I'm cool with them, but I never really got close to them.  Then last summer while I was at work, I got a text message followed by a facebook invitation, from some guy claiming to be my brother.  He's the same age as me...which means my father was gettin it in while my mother was pregnant with me.  And then I found out about another brother of mine (14) that I have who was my father's "parting gift" before he died.  I'm still not ready to meet either of them yet, because I have a lot going on in my life right now.  And there could still be more out there...

My father was a ho.  
ohwell.gif
he was a pimp. if it was your mother, she'd be a ho

horay for double standards
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom