Happiest man on earth is a Buddhist monk

That's what balance is about. No man can meditate in the hills his whole earthly life because he will forget about his flesh. No man can live entirely by flesh, because he won't meet his spirit.

"We gotta find middle ground, we need balance" - Dwayne Carter

Philosophy over religion.
Happiness leads to complacency

This.

Unhappy + successful>>>>>>>

SRS.
I cosign this. Before it gets out of control because NT is the land of extremes I'm not saying that I would want to be seriously depressed to the point of no return but if I had a choice between what most consider happy and what I consider success I'm taking success.
:lol: @ the two being mutually exclusive. That's the first pitfall.

What I consider happiness coincidentally also makes me successful.

Philosophy over religion.
laugh.gif
@ the two being mutually exclusive. That's the first pitfall.

What I consider happiness coincidentally also makes me successful.
We are clearly over-simplifying things here dude, but there is this stereotype that comes with being high achieving and being unhappy. There is some truth to the stereotype. It's been said that generally the poor, ignorant, unintelligent and less achieved in society may actually be happier.  Type A personalities may also be generally more unhappy than Type B. If your life isn't complicated by the constant need for achievement the most mundane aspects of life make you happy.

Considering the busy 21st century lifestyle we all live, taking an hour a day to clear your mind and not having to worry about everything around you can do wonders. I understand many people don't have the time to spare and it might seem that you're going to be thrown back out into the real world right after, meditation can truly help you diverge the negativity from settling in you. It's about balance more than anything. With balance, your actions will feed off your mentality. Meditation will free your mind while you do it and during it, you'll truly feel what it means to not have to worry. Don't get entrapped in the busy commercial world, if you learn to attain that balance and conquer your inner spirituality, it'll help you learn a lot about yourself and what you actually care for. Stress comes with this lifestyle we all live. Conquer that **** and you'll be on your way to a more fulfilling day, one at a time.

As aspiring young adults, I don't think the happiness attained from learning about yourself can get you stuck in complacency. You're still going to strive to reach the top. You're still going to go hard every day to do what you set out for. What meditating does for you is help you divide the unnecessary things and avoid them in the long term. Don't get stuck in that nagging relationship where all you have to deal with is yadda yadda yadda where it's prohibiting you from developing. Don't be a clown and let some of your "friends" hold you back. Learn from yourself and sooner rather than later, you'll focus on the things that'll only do good FOR YOU.

Last edited:
The happiest man reassuring his happiness by proving his the happiest makes him the happiest man on the planet?

Good for him.

I like being depressed sometimes, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
So he's still a virgin? I mean celibacy is a practice unless he converted at a later age

not to sound lame... and i know people are going to discredit everything i say from here on out...

but i take the #based idea somewhat seriously... like... LIL b be on some bull **** sometimes...

but when dude talks about staying positive, i can really rock w/ that...

no joke... ever since i've thought that you gotta stay positive... be optimistic yet reasonable.. and make your own luck...

i've been feeling quite relieved...

:pimp: :pimp:

Very cool. Anyone know how to begin to learn how to meditate?

simply breathe in and breathe out. its not simple lol. you catch yourself thinking about the present, past and the future. count every breathe and realize your breathing in and breathing out. everytime you think about something else try to keep counting. when you take long breathes its very easy for your mind to run off so be focus. the buddhist monk that i go to also challenges us by breathing in 10 seconds, hold it for 10 seconds. breath out for 10 seconds, hold it for 10 seconds and repeat. She said that monks are train to do 30 - 60 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom