Happy Birthday Robert E. Lee

^It says your from Alexandria VA, as am I, go down to Old Town on the intersection of Prince and S. Washington street and tell me there isnt a wreath on thestatue today. With such an ignorant comment i bet your a product of TC Williams.

Well damn. I JUST got that picture, im like "what are these dudes laughing at?" lol funny. SMH at me...

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

As some of you may know, or may not know today is Robert E. Lee's Birthday, who although fought for what some of you may think was "the bad guys" he was still a great American who went on to do many great things after the War, and became President of one of the better private Colleges in the Country.

200px-Robert_Edward_Lee.jpg
laugh.gif
dude rock'n a peacoat.

I will not take anything away from him as a person, because, as Dr. King said, "judge a man not according to the standard you set for him to hold, but forthe standard he holds for himself".

Clearly, he set great standards for himself.

However, I will SMH @ people who use Robert E. Lee's Birthday in the South to detract attention from the legacy that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. created. InArkansas, it is more of an excuse to have a racial antithesis, i guess that's the word for it.

Both men did great things, great in the terms of influence, but what it boils down to is which one means the most to us today, and which one is more relevant.

I got a lot more to say, but i don't wanna preach to yall dudes....

If you want to celebrate the birthday of a traitor against the US, thas all fine and dandy. And he was still a slaveowner. if you own other human beings, yournot a good person, bottom line. case closed.

Variosoxfan certainly has a fascination with all things southern, even though he's from alexandria, one of the least "southern" places inVirginia. Get over the whole "southern living" BS. You'll find out when you graduate and you have to deal with people who don't wearrainbows, pop the collars on their polo's, and think bowties and whales on your pants are ok.

Although i believe Varisoxfan is a confederate flag waving lunatic, Robert E. Lee was not a bad man. His views were on par with many northerners and consideredbeing general of the union army but felt he could not turn his his back on his fellow southerners. A great general, important figure but not a great man by anystandards.

Back
Top Bottom