HarlemShake

Wow what a difference not living in the US anymore makes! I had no idea about this stuff until I stumbled across this randomly just now. Great stuff.

:stoneface: this is NOT the Harlem Shake.

I'm not sure if you can get banned for posting a video from EarthStarPipPop but they posted a video today of REAL Harlem shaking. I suggest everyone in here go take a look.

Now don't get me wrong the video is of a bunch of young teens being loud and acting crazy, so I don't want to sound like I'm condoning the overall presentation, but the dancing specifically is what Harlem Shaking is. There is a lot more substance in the moves and these new vids of dudes just acting stupid kind of feels like a diss to "Harlem shaking" more then anything else.

Smh yall so dumb and watch anything... This is dumb nothing but lil kids shaking looking dumb.... How y'all condone this mess....

I'm not sure if you can get banned for posting a video from EarthStarPipPop but they posted a video today of REAL Harlem shaking. I suggest everyone in here go take a look.

Now don't get me wrong the video is of a bunch of young teens being loud and acting crazy, so I don't want to sound like I'm condoning the overall presentation, but the dancing specifically is what Harlem Shaking is. There is a lot more substance in the moves and these new vids of dudes just acting stupid kind of feels like a diss to "Harlem shaking" more then anything else.
not to be racist but these lil rich white kids need to find somethig better to do...

Everyone should lighting up about this not being the real harlem shake, it is not that serious.

People are calling it the Harlem Shake because that's the name of the song being used in the video, and most people don't know or care about what the real shake looks like.

Last edited:
So the act of these people in the new video is not just an over exaggeration to how the actual Harlem Shake is done? :rolleyes ok.

So the act of these people in the new video is not just an over exaggeration to how the actual Harlem Shake is done?
eyes.gif
ok.
Its not. The point is to just go stupid when "Harlem Shake" comes on. That's the name of the song. As Rusty said, most people doing these videos probably have no idea what the Harlem Shake is. That dance is almost a decade removed from when it was popular.

Smh yall so dumb and watch anything... This is dumb nothing but lil kids shaking looking dumb.... How y'all condone this mess....

Trust me, I usually hate stupid trends like this but when done right some of these videos are hilarious. It's just people having fun man

Na I dont think these videos have anything to do with the real harlem shake, thats just the name of the song.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

These are hilarious.

Gotta make one with a huge *** mob.

FIrefighter one is killin it right now.

**EDIT**

Not as funny as some of the other but clever.
The creativity makes it even funnier.

Someone please get these cats in Harlem to make their own Harlem Shake video to the songl The cipher will then be complete lol

Last edited:
Ya can be naive if you want. I know the song is called Harlem Shake. But what do you think the first person to start this trend was thinking when he saw the name of the song was that?

Whoever started the trend definitely used his inspiration from the real Harlem Shaking. I can remember when the Shake was popping, there were kids, mostly white kids (no disrespect intended) that if they were asked to try it or if they wanted to join in they would just randomly move their body. The same way the NEW videos are showing. The kids that wanted to do it but didn't know how went hand and hand with the kids that "wanted to make fun" of the dance and would be like "look I'm Harlem shaking" and proceed to joking and mockingly just shake around wildly.

I don't want to sound like I'm coming to the rescue of a dance that isn't as popular is it once was, but at the end of the day to me it's more then a dance. It was a part of my culture growing up and it did WAY more positively in my community then an rec center could. Kids were out here trynna Harlem Sake and learn new dances instead of running around robbing and shooting people like they are in more recent times.

I used to love being at a summer basketball tournament and during a timeout someone would randomly come on the court and Harlem Shake, a battle may insue and the people running the musc, microphone and tournament would be cool with it happening. It's all love. To me it brings a kind of unity to a community that lacks it severely. Wether it may look foolish to the outside looking in or not.

I'll embed for help.

I say it again though, I don't condone the jumping on the car, throwing the garbage etc. and I was just trynna point out what the Harlem shake really is. Because I'm sure, like some have already said, most don't even know what the Original Harlem Shake is.

You can't tell me the new stuff is not a mocking of this dance.

song aint got nothing to do with the actual harlem shake dance, stop getting your panties in a bunch.

I'll embed for help.

I say it again though, I don't condone the jumping on the car, throwing the garbage etc. and I was just trynna point out what the Harlem shake really is. Because I'm sure, like some have already said, most don't even know what the Original Harlem Shake is.

You can't tell me the new stuff is not a mocking of this dance.

Brah when the Harlem Shake was popular, people where mocking the Harlem shake, because the og Harlem Shake is a goofy looking dance regardless. Also back then dudes took Harlem Shaking way too seriously (the famous Harlem Shake story is a satire of that culture), kinda like how you are doing how.

People are just having fun, relax.

looking for a reason to call these stupid as hell, and after the first video I was about to respond with just that. THEN, I saw every video after that and became a fan. These are funny.

What makes them funny

1. The initiator is usually masked.
2. When the initiator is starting things off, everyone else acting like they don't know what is going on
3. Folks are just partying.

Good thread.
eek.gif

I never thought I see the day DC doesn't play D's A.

Anyone complaining are ignorant fools. This song has been out for over a year and a half and is how baauer an edm producer started to blow up. AFTER the song had it's success much much later, this meme started spreading like wild fire. It awsn't intentional it went viral, nobody is making fun of everything. Take a joke in stride and shutup.

I jus see dudes having a good time thats it. The og harlem shake was my **** in middle school. But dudes overreacting n being crazy sensitive in here. "o its not diddy, there not black, omg where r the shiny suits" like cmon bro that **** is sad

Back
Top Bottom