HARRY POTTER Film/TV Series Thread- RIP Maggie Smith/Prof McGonagall

The first movie was aight and not something i'd buy a ticket for. Was hoping the sequel would be way better.

I will admit, my hype has gone down the closer this movie has approached.
I think the fact that these aren't based on books and Newt isn't necessarily the most interesting character I would've wanted to see before the Harry Potter stuff.

I mean Dumbledore would've been obvious but I think A sure thing.
Who I would've wanted to see personally though is Sirius Black.

I'll probably enjoy since i love the world but it isn't a day 1

i've avoided spoilers but i have read that some of the callbacks and twists are great if you're a big HP fan

some even suggest read up on dulmbledore, grindewald and ariana relationship before going to see this film

i think this film (franchise) that i would enjoy watching no matter how other perceive it, like national treasure, i actually liked both a lot despite it have very low critic scores

and since i've dropped moviepass and there hasn't been many cbm's lately, i actually haven't been to the theaters much before last week when is aw bohemian rhapsody so i am actually looking forward to going to this one

i thought the movie was good, not as good as the first and I can see it looking like a filler movie of sorts, a bit convoluted at times but i thought it was entertaining

a bit convoluted at times

Man that one backstory scene towards the end was just ridiculous and went on and on. that scene is how you know Rowling is a bookwriter and not a screenwriter :lol:

Definitely some interesting developments in the HP lore in this one (if things turn out true), but like you said it felt like filler. Hell every movie in this franchise will feel like filler until we get to Dumbledore vs. Grindlewald.

the "plot twist" in the end?

i am curious how they explain it

and was somewhat disappointed there was still no mention of ariana, although it could have been seen a mile away, she would have been a good reason why albus doesn't want to fight grindewald

the "plot twist" in the end?

i am curious how they explain it

and was somewhat disappointed there was still no mention of ariana, although it could have been seen a mile away, she would have been a good reason why albus doesn't want to fight grindewald

A lot of people think Grindlewald is just lying about Credence being Dumbledore's brother. It's the most likely explanation, but it feels cheap and makes a fillery movie seem like even more filler.

Also, they had young McGonagall teaching at Hogwarts ten years before she is even born. Rowling really doesn't give a damn about her own canon :lol: :smh:

i don't think Grindewald is lying and I think the phoenix confirms that in the end but also wouldn't put it past him

as for mcgonagall, i know it says minerva in the credits but she wasn't called that in the film so it could be a relative?

its got to be for a reason, just seems like out of character for jk who is really, really detailed when it comes to her work and this world

Fantastic Beasts and the Crimes of Grindelwald came in much higher last night with $9.1M beating the $8.75M Thursday night preview of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them‘s two years ago at this time. The David Yates-directed movie is off to a great start. Showtimes began at 5PM and played at roughly 3,300 locations. The J.K. Rowling-penned movie from Warner Bros. is expected to clear $70M in U.S./Canada

Damn I didn’t know Fantastic Beasts pt 1 was poorly received. I thought it was a cool spinoff on the HP world. I’m still looking forward to watching the 2nd one tonight even though there’s bad reviews.

I’ve loved all things HP since day one. Used to have to wait until my sister was done with her copies to read them and then eventually started going to the midnight releases at the Books-a-Million :lol:.

Not thrilled by the early reviews but still going to see it with her over the holiday weekend. Stoked:pimp:

The movie was just not good...

At all

Almost BvS bad to me.

I don't think I have any further interest in fantastic beasts going forward

The movie was just not good...

At all

Almost BvS bad to me.

I don't think I have any further interest in fantastic beasts going forward

Can’t say I blame you this time amel.

I’ll still be carrying on with the series though, I need to see that dumbledore duel :lol:

i actually like how they made grindelwald more than just a villain who hates nomag

i mean it could all be a manipulation in the end but i was always curious how nomag could be a threat so it was a nice touch to point out that humans just destroys each other and possibly bring the planet along with them

Fiancée is a huge hp buff aka complete weirdo . She can recite the dialogue from the first two movies in their entirety and beat that *** at any hp trivia game . Her family has stories for days of her wearing a robe and swinging a wooden stick around the house casting spells when the books dropped . . . She’s all about this fandom & still shows me potter puppet pals and the that one old podcast/listens to wizard rock bands . . Used to make me take her to diagon alley in LA for butterbeers almost a decade ago

100% getting dragged to this tonight . . While we were in line for the last movie , this dude stared at me for a good minute and then told his kids “be careful he’s a death eater” lol

Man what? ****ing weirdo :lol:
Yeah . . he was giving off some pretty crappy vibes and was a cookie cutter redneck - I looked at him dead in the eye as he was mad dogging me . Should of yelled avada kedavra at his kids

I’m a hugeee SW buff (pre-Disney) but HP dropped round 4th/5th grade for people my age so I def got love for it , even if it’s bad (like the new SW stuff) I’ll try to dig it

Reactions: Ube
I watched it. Thoroughly enjoyed it. This would of been so much better as a 700 page book though. Didn’t cover enough for me.

Fantastic Beasts and the Crimes of Grindelwald came in much higher last night with $9.1M beating the $8.75M Thursday night preview of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them‘s two years ago at this time. The David Yates-directed movie is off to a great start. Showtimes began at 5PM and played at roughly 3,300 locations. The J.K. Rowling-penned movie from Warner Bros. is expected to clear $70M in U.S./Canada

The second film in the Fantastic Beasts spinoff brought in $62.2 million to claim the top spot. That is the lowest opening for a Potterverse film to date and below the estimated $65 million to $70 million that analysts were expected it to gross heading into the weekend.

So much for that headstart. It’ll still make a killing overseas though. This series is Transformers now :lol:

Back
Top Bottom