Has any NTer ever worked at STARBUCKS? Vol. Interview Monday, what to expect?!

So I'm scheduled for an interview on Monday, what should I expect?

- How was your interview?
- What type of questions?
- What should I wear?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated! Hope I get this job...
frown.gif

most dudes i seen there are either gay or metro... not that theres anything wrong with that.

is it that bad?

starbucks seems like itd be a cool/chill place to work. i dunno im just guessin

I worked at a Starbucks for about 3 year. The interview went great, he was really cool and didn't make me feel uncomfortable. The questions are prettybasic. They mainly ask you how you feel about customer service and they also ask you of previous jobs and customer encounters.They really recommend to dresswith slacks and a button down %##@. If you have open availability and they feel you are being yourself you'll get the job. I hope this helps good luck.

Working at a corporate store is awesome. Decent pay, good tips and you can get benefits as a part-time worker. Chill job overall.

I work at a licensed store now owned my school and it's different. Ridiculously busy all the time, and tiring after long shifts along with minimal tips. Iget to see, talk to and work with dozens of hot chicks every time I work, so that's definitely a plus.

They will definitely ask you a question about customer service. Most likely it will be, "Can you think of a time in which you provided excellent customerservice?" or something similar.

Just wear khakis or slacks and a buttoned up dress shirt with nice shoes. A tie would be unnecessary.

For some reason, most of the guys that I've seen working at Starbucks, seem gay. Thought I'd share that.

Anyways, good luck.

I worked there for 3 months... it wasn't bad, mainly because I wasn't at a busy store. It can get aggravating fast tho. If you get the job you start at9hr. You get tips every week. And free drinks while at work. (atleast my store had it like that)

Telling you about MY interview won't help because to be honest I'm a hood dude, I can do the sophisticated thing all day tho, but I didn't need to,because dude was hood too.
laugh.gif
He kept funky with me and vice versa.

Good luck tho.

I've worked for Starbucks for about a year now and i love it!
Be Welcoming, Be Genuine, Be Knowledgeable, Be Considerate, Be Involved!
Be those and you should be good as those are Starbucks partner standards!

pimp.gif
GaBeGRaMs wrote:

I worked there for 3 months... it wasn't bad, mainly because I wasn't at a busy store. It can get aggravating fast tho. If you get the job you start at 9hr. You get tips every week. And free drinks while at work. (atleast my store had it like that)

Telling you about MY interview won't help because to be honest I'm a hood dude, I can do the sophisticated thing all day tho, but I didn't need to, because dude was hood too.
laugh.gif
He kept funky with me and vice versa.

Good luck tho.

yep, we all know how to put that front on. those are the best interviews though when they come off cool as hell
pimp.gif

i had this temp job back in the day, i dunno how but we ended up talkin about football for 20 mins. i knew i was good after that.

Originally Posted by nick0lis

most dudes i seen there are either gay or metro... not that theres anything wrong with that.
Haha, I just need a job and the place there seems extremely chill.
Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Working at a corporate store is awesome. Decent pay, good tips and you can get benefits as a part-time worker. Chill job overall.

I work at a licensed store now owned my school and it's different. Ridiculously busy all the time, and tiring after long shifts along with minimal tips. I get to see, talk to and work with dozens of hot chicks every time I work, so that's definitely a plus.

They will definitely ask you a question about customer service. Most likely it will be, "Can you think of a time in which you provided excellent customer service?" or something similar.

Just wear khakis or slacks and a buttoned up dress shirt with nice shoes. A tie would be unnecessary.
Much appreciated, thanks bro.

I work at a starbucks and it is extremely chill. Me and my coworkers turned into really good friends and the pay isn't THAT bad. Its great especiallyaround a college atmosphere.

Interview process is easy. They just give you some scenario's listed like an dee 51o said and just respond to them. Just make up some BS customer serviceanswers, and stick to the notion that the customer is always right (which is starbucks policy).

I was a store manager for a year. The questions are the same questions every single interview, they write it all down and score it up, if you pass you get thejob.
It's super basic and no need to get nervous. If you say you care about customer service, give good examples of you giving good customer service you'llbe fine. I suggest you get/ask for as much bar training as possible, since baristas are trash nowadays.
Khakis and a button up is the perfect outfit. Tips are decent if you work in a half way busy store and benefits are great.
You will have to get used to people using super corny words like "custos" for customers, and the super over zealous assistant store managers tryingtheir hardest to make it to store manager who actually use the phrase "thanks a latte" and who try to hard to sell merchandise and whole beans. Overall though, you have no major responsibilities, you get free drinks on shift, 20% off everything you buy when you're not on shift. Your co-workers willundoubtedly give you free drinks no matter what, and you get a pound of coffee every week. They make great gifts.

Originally Posted by Infamousforareason

If you say you care about customer service, give good examples of you giving good customer service you'll be fine.
Khakis and a button up is the perfect outfit. Tips are decent if you work in a half way busy store and benefits are great.

store manager who actually use the phrase "thanks a latte" and who try to hard to sell merchandise and whole beans.

Over all though, you have no major responsibilities, you get free drinks on shift, 20% off everything you buy when you're not on shift. Your co-workers will undoubtedly give you free drinks no matter what, and you get a pound of coffee every week. They make great gifts.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
But thanks again, the suggestions are very helpful.
I'm actually really looking forward to this interview, I'd be ecstatic if I get the job.

im workin at starbucks right now..
i hate it, mainly because of a busy store
tired.gif

just be confident and tell them what they want to hear pretty much
you get asked some questions like if a customer did so and so, how would you handle this situation
slacks and a tie should be good, i didnt do anything fancy..
good luck on your interview

i get 30% off when im not working, is this just in cali?

Oh... it might only matter by region but if you're anywhere on the west coast they want to hear that you have some sort of knowledge/care for Coffee.
You don't have to love it, or drink it all the time, but some kind of idea of what the company used to be about. When I was training and sat in on aninterview this girl said she hates the smell of coffee and didn't understand why people went to starbucks so much. Not the brightest girl.
Probably still jobless.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by ev209

good luck on your interview
Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Anyways, good luck.
Originally Posted by MrSz Peedii 178

I hope this helps good luck.
Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

hope you get the job, i'm looking for something new myself right now as we speak.
Originally Posted by MrBluPrint

Good luck with the interview.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Thank you all!

Infamousforareaso - Soundslike you have stories.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom