Has anybody attended that University of Maryland-CP summer program?

I just want to know how it is or whatever...

If I want to go there, I have to do that. But the only thing is if I do that, I cant do this internship in the government. I was hoping to build connectionsand make a little money as well then just go to college...I mean I have other options, but MD was rated in the top 25 business schools and thats what I want tomajor in..

Help!!
indifferent.gif

normally money now>>>money later

but in this case Money later>>>>>money now

Do it. Prep for college now. I wish I would have done it. I woudl have been better prepared for it.

Is this the one for minority males?

If so I did do that. Wish I had paid attention more.

I did the STEP program for UMD last year... but it was for dumb student athletes like myself and the rest of freshman bball and fball players. Those 3 weekswere prob. the best thing over the summer though.

I applied to the school and they were like I had potential but didnt perform to my ability in high school, which was true. Grades was ji like low.

They said my option was to attend this program where I stay over night and take like basic courses ..math, english, etc. for like $2,000..and then I would justdo my reg fall 08 semester..
And this program is from June until August, not 3 weeks...

I dont think it has the label as for minorities but that prob helped me lol

i think i just want to go to VCU

^ Damn, $2k?

I mean if it seems like a worthy opportunity wouldn't it look good that you completed the program whether you went to UMD-CP or VCU?

But then you have to weigh between the internship and this.

grin.gif

I knno people that have done it before and it sound like a good look...but if you go up there and don't get on the grind you won't be able to go toMaryland and may have to settle for PG

Damn, matterfact its closer to 3 g's..

And yeah thats another thing if I dont get a 3.0 in that program I cant attend Maryland anyway so i'll be way s.o.l. because it will be too late to turn inmy letters anywhere else...

My friend was in the same boat but he decided to just go to Bowie. 3 g's sounds about right considering summer classes cost like 350 per credit. (Mostclasses are worth 3 credits)

I go to UMD now and I'll tell you this: if you doubt you can do good in a summer course(s), chances are you have little to no chance of staying in thebusiness school. Point blank, period.

I was unaware of their freshman acceptance program (thanks a lot adviser... 'preciate that) but apparently if you declare a business major on yourapplication or something, then you are automatically let in the business school BUT its a one-strike thing. You gotta maintain like a 3.0 or else you'reout.

But if for some reason you dont make it into the business school off the break, getting accepted in after that is pretty hard. For the past 3 years, only about26 out of hundreds of applicants are being accepted so take that for what its worth.

I mean, I'm not doubting you. Hell, I dont even know you but I'm just tellin you its one thing to get in the school and another thing to stay in theschool. If you do decide to go the UMD route, I'll tell you there is no room for error. That 'freshman forgiveness' doesn't apply to thebusiness school. But best of luck on whatever you decide.

^ It's actually before the end of your first semester as a freshman... and it isnt a guranteed acceptance but the requirements are alot easier.

you're talking about the aap program right. yeah i know a lot of ppl who had to go through that. it's actually not as difficult as you think. I thinkyou take one actual class and than like a bunch of help study skills classes or something like that. As long as you do your work you should be fine. but i hopeyou already declared business as your major, if not do so soon because it is hard as hell to get into when you get here. seriously even if you're not sureyou want to do the progarm declasre business as your major rigth now

Back
Top Bottom