Has anybody got a Virus off Browsing here? Just got a trojan

Im browsing the polo post and i go to the last pg and i get a popup from my antivirus so i thought it blocked the attempt by the virus to install. I was wrongnow my PC is infected by this trojan called virtumonde that apparently installs through java popups. Has anybody gotten a virus or warning off NT? I am acomputer technician so I know it wasnt anything I downloaded or clicked on another website.

It's those DAMN POPUPS
mad.gif
mad.gif
. DAMN THEM TO THE DEPTHS OF HADES!!!!! They set off my McAfee Security Center theother day
smh.gif
smh.gif

Virtumonde is HORRIBLE. I can't tell you the amount of friends/family that have come to me with it, only for me to be unable to get it off of theircomputer. Good luck!

%*@ yeah i just got one yesterday and i had to set windows system to last week
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

yeah me too thats why i had to block all the ads... which is pretty bad because the money from the ads goes to them charities..

is this similar to the 'antivirus' virus?

if so, i think this program called "malwarebytes anti-malware" might help out a bit.. worth a try..

ive had a few problems from just browsing NT in the past..
grin.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxlows

is this similar to the 'antivirus' virus?

if so, i think this program called "malwarebytes anti-malware" might help out a bit.. worth a try..

ive had a few problems from just browsing NT in the past..
grin.gif
yeah this is exactly what it was
tired.gif

It was doing it a lot to me last week but it hasn't done it in a few days...

- Tical.

i keep popups blocked on my desktop so i never seen it using that. but the antivirus pop up pops up all the time when im on my laptop. it's prettyannoying.

Yeah i got something last week, I couldn't even browse nt without my internet crashing.
That duck hunt ad and a few other ads were messing me up so blocked all ads, now everything is fine.

adblock plus firefox extension ftw

I got something yesterday.
I knew I wasn't tripping.
I came on here, went to a post and then something about a pdf popped up.
Had my +!%% tripping all night...which resulted in me having to reset to factory settings.
mad.gif

yea i know its hell to remove im trying everything i can now. When i find a solution ill let you guys know but in the meantime we seriously gotta bring themods attention to this

i got one on my gf's mom's comp and I knew they think I was up to something shady and now I feel weird going on their comp...thanks Niketalk!

My anti-virus has blocked two or three viruses at a time for the past day or two. It never occurred to me that they could be coming from NT, yet I am notsurprised.

I feel bad for those folks who got a virus. Honestly though, if you are browsing the internet without a good anti-virus program you are going to get burnedeventually. I am not a fan of free anti-virus programs either. Simply put, you get what you pay for, and if it's for free, it probably is not that good (atleast with regards to anti-virus programs). It never ceases to amaze me how many people refuse to spend the money on a good anti-virus program, especiallyconsidering how much money is spent on a computer as well as all the information (pictures and other private information) that are often irreplaceable if lost.

To sum it all up, it sucks if NT is indeed the source of some or any viruses and hopefully the issue gets resolved, but in the meantime heed the warning fromall of this and invest in a good anti-virus program.

Just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom