Has anybody got a Virus off Browsing here? Just got a trojan

nothing ever happens to me.........................im runnin a dell and keep my norton updated.

dunno why so many of you have these problems. an i do PLENTY of browsin on NT.

^good solution -- but I hate partitioning my drives.
I just installed a separate internal hard drive instead.

but I did experience the Antivirus 2009 popup -- but I have not come across this yet, so I can't personally say it's from NT.

I had a .pdf tab open on my browser yesterday. Then a bunch of pop-ups started appearing. i dl'ed AVG and it found a Trojan and a Regisrty Key. Also i hadsomething called GotModule that i coulndyy delete.Can anyone recxommend any other programs i can use for this because i think it's missed some otherviruses.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

^good solution -- but I hate partitioning my drives.
I just installed a separate internal hard drive instead.

but I did experience the Antivirus 2009 popup -- but I have not come across this yet, so I can't personally say it's from NT.
It might be facebook... this girl i know got the same popups i tried to help her through it but she failed miserably cause she doesnt know how to"INSTALL" software

she doesn't know about NT, must trust, but she uses facebook after i tried to help her she disappeared from facebook. its been almost a month and a halfnow.
laugh.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

damn you NT-

spybot confirms virtumonde but i delete and the next day its back-
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

%#@*## up my comp last week
alien.gif
smh.gif

Not to thread jack, but what's a good anti-virus and anti-spyware program? My Norton trial is almost up...
nerd.gif

download AVG, its the best anti virus and its free
smile.gif

what is the name of the trojan everyone is getting?
nerd.gif

yup i just wiped my system yesterday for spyware. couldnt do anything on the computer.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Whats the best antivirus software?
I personally use
Zone Alarm Firewall (always running)
Spywareblaster (always running - updates checked every 2 weeks_
Spybot Search and Destroy (run monthly)
SuperAntiSpyware (run tri-weekly..sometimes daily)
CCleaner (run weekly)
Symantec Antivirus (run daily)

No problem on my MacBook, but my PC is acting up. It better not be due to Niketalk. Yuku you BASTARDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

For security programs, I would recommend the following:

ESET NOD32 (Antivirus, $40)
ZoneAlarm* (Firewall, free version, or $20 "pro" version)
Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2008 (Anti-Spyware, free or $27 "plus" version)
Spybot Search & Destroy (Anti-Spyware, free)

For NOD32, I'd recommend buying it because it's so good. I'm a pirate till the death, but you just have to appreciate great work, and this is worthevery penny. For ZoneAlarm* and Ad-Aware, you can buy the more robust versions, but the free versions are more than enough for the average user.

I'd recommend running a virus scan with NOD32 once a month, running Spybot and Ad-Aware once a week, and leaving ZoneAlarm running at all times. Using thiscombination (with the exception of ZoneAlarm [see the * at the end of the post]), I've ever had ANY serious problems; I've had the occasional spywareoutbreak, but nothing that ever had me pulling my hair out.

* If you access the internet through a router, 99.9% of all incoming traffic will be blocked. The only reason you would need a firewall with a routerwould be to block any unwanted outgoing traffic, but with solid antivirus and spyware protection, there shouldn't be anything on your computerthat would send anything where you wouldn't want it to go. I don't use a firewall, as I go through a router, but it's totally up to you.

Hope this helps!

hey dirtylicious it is definetly from Niketalk. Theres an ad that appears that is pushing a pdf script and that has the virus. I just experienced at my workcomputer and see that some other people have it. You might really want to check it out so it wont spread. If you need me to send you logs of the exactvirus/malware so it can help you let me know ill send them over
I got it on the second to last page of the Polo thread.

seniosoul
Thanks for the option but I didint want to move everything but i think im coming close to doing that

SHHH...just happened to me.....I was working on something for school and now eveyrtime I try going to the website with my information for my homework itwon't load and sh&% keeps poppin up about some virutmundo whatever it's called......im heated!!!!!
mad.gif

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS199

hey dirtylicious it is definetly from Niketalk. Theres an ad that appears that is pushing a pdf script and that has the virus. I just experienced at my work computer and see that some other people have it. You might really want to check it out so it wont spread. If you need me to send you logs of the exact virus/malware so it can help you let me know ill send them over
I got it on the second to last page of the Polo thread.

seniosoul
Thanks for the option but I didint want to move everything but i think im coming close to doing that
Thanks. I JUST experienced it myself....

I've already posted a thread on the support forums - Anyone experiencing more virus/spyware/malware issues?

NT has given me a gigantic headache over the past month until I figured out where the virus came from. It was a tracker bug that recorded key strokes as well.I pretty much changed every single password I have and now if I browse NT, which I do a whole lot less, I put the highest protection I have as far as pop upblocker and all that.

i get at least one alert from norton every time i access niketalk.
its always something along the lines of "a recent attack or something has been blocked something something."

DIrty and everyone else the way to get protected for this virus is update to the latest JAVA. which is update 11 its on the java site because if you have anolder version theres a security loophole in it

Back
Top Bottom