Has anybody noticed shoes are getting bigger relative to the sizes over the years?

Whats up yall? For the past year or so, i have been noticing that i have had to drop down at least a half size in Nikes and Jordans in all my shoes. When iwas in back in high school and undergrad (1996-2004) I had been a solid 11, and really didnt start double socking until, i guess, 2002. Now I NEED to doublesock with a 10.5 in most shoes. If anybody has noticed or has an info on this, i would be glad to get your input. Thanks in advance.

bro....your feet are shrinking. Mystery solved/

...and no, I havent noticed this issue.

they are not shrinking. shoes are getting bigger realtive to the sizes. i don't notice the shrinking since my feet are still growing

my bro was wearin a size 12 in hs (i know by lookin at his older shoes) yet wears a 10.5 now...i think yall been wearin the wrong size.

My Concord XI's from '01 are a 10 and they fit me perfectly, but now I wear 9-9.5 in J's. So yes, I feel the same way.

Well thanks guys, now i dont feel like the only one. Hopefully someone can give us some info into why. I know my feet havent shrunk because i measured my feetjust recently and im between an 11 and 11.5. I remember when Nike used to run smaller than other companies but i guess its not the case anymore.

Is it possible that since most of us are a little older now, and can afford more shoes, alongside greater product awareness because of the Internet, thatwe're just exposed to a wider range of shoes with various sizing?

It may be that the factories Nike use now simply make shoes a bit bigger, maybe some retros fit bigger than ogs because of less padding. I also wonder it theparticular shape of the shoe and the foot in it is a factor. Two people may fit the same size for one model but not necessarily for others.

i disagree, they have been gettin smaller too me. year ago i could fit SB's and J's in 11. Now 11 makes my feet scream. lol 11.5 now My sister has saidthe same thing.

Ive actually noticed the opposite thing when it comes to things like jeans. They seem to run a lot smaller than they used to. I always buy the same brand andstyle and I have a measured 32" waist. Yet the jeans I have all in the same style range from 32-36 inch waist and fit exactly the same. Clothes shoppinghas become really irritating.

I've only had a problem once with shoes where I had to go down a half size and that was with the hyperflights.

its because when you were young guys have esteem issues and wear larger shoe sizes to make up for something else or to portray a certain "image" tothe young lady types and as you get older you realize there is no hiding it anymore because she will eventually see it (if you are lucky)...

there mystery solved.

i have absolutely no clue what you are talking about in regards to shrinking feet, unless you are getting discounts for McDonalds coffee your feet shouldnt beshrinking. OR.....maybe you got some Benji Button action going on with your body, if thats the case i wouldnt be worried about your feet shrinking i wouldworry about the correlation with shrinkage...

haha im just messing.

whole size down? i normally wear a nine from 2001-2007 now i've been buying 9.5. i'm 23 so i knew my foot stopped growing.

All my shoes from the 90s are 11 or 10.5. Now everything I buy is a 10 and I consider going 9.5 every now and then.

yeah i think shoes have been getting bigger too!!!! i could go even a full size up before... now half a size up won't fit properly....

Yeah I noticed it. I started off wearing a 12, now I'm a solid 10. Feels good. I love my shoes and feet to feel like Eddie Brock and Venom anyway.

your 100% right. i believe this a general rule for shoes and clothes. i believe the clothing/shoe industry is adjusting to the fact the people have gottenrelatively bigger over the years

No, actually OP is right. I've been able to get away with wearing more size 15s, instead of 16s. The Kobe IVs fit just right in a size 15, but all theprevious models hurt little bit.

Back
Top Bottom