Has anybody seen through Hov's BS? (Vol. Eliminating competition)

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

It's always been obvious Jay cares more about the money especially after he took that L to Nas. All the facts can be buried, excused or forgotten with clever lines later on and ppl who are weak minded/easily persuaded and manipulated.

More importantly, Jay has never been a good judge of talent or even decent at managing it properly and getting the most potential from an artist. I've always felt he went to the Puffy school of handling artists and he just has his own approach of using them up.

I wouldn't really blame him for DJ's problems. They were a graveyard label before he became president there.
Jay signed Jeezy (hottest thing on the streets for years), Rhianna (hottest thing in pop music right now), and Rick Ross (hottest thing in rap right now)
sit down
umm..no he didn't...that cat that off himself did all that heavy labor...
grin.gif

Dudes side with Jay on anything they cure cancer dudes gunna give Jay credit for that too

ninjahood wrote:
Epidemik The Great wrote:
Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

It's always been obvious Jay cares more about the money especially after he took that L to Nas. All the facts can be buried, excused or forgotten with clever lines later on and ppl who are weak minded/easily persuaded and manipulated.

More importantly, Jay has never been a good judge of talent or even decent at managing it properly and getting the most potential from an artist. I've always felt he went to the Puffy school of handling artists and he just has his own approach of using them up.

I wouldn't really blame him for DJ's problems. They were a graveyard label before he became president there.
Jay signed Jeezy (hottest thing on the streets for years), Rhianna (hottest thing in pop music right now), and Rick Ross (hottest thing in rap right now)
sit down

umm..no he didn't...that cat that off himself did all that heavy labor...
grin.gif

Right him being the president at the time he had no power. being that A&Rs answer directly to the president of the label when signing artists

Its directly his fault when an artist fails

and its not his fault when new artists are successful. Gotcha
pimp.gif

i never met jay z, and i own reasonable doubt & the blueprint, and several tapes. dude silenced the competition aka his "label mates" to increase his market share in the mental real estate of customers. quite clever & nonchalantly ruthless. At the end of the day he is caked up and I eat entenmann's marble cake for breakfast

Lmao at Cartune.

I will say that Jay seems like the type who won't give you his cosign till after you bubble for yourself. That's how the old school does it and honestly, I'm glad was his approach with J Cole....Cole went gold and got a Grammy nomination....

Hov called Beans and h is disciples and they couldn't even go platinum..and this was when cats used to go platinum regularly.

Jay Electronica has the work ethic of a slug. I definitely do think Jay will try to body competition....but when LL was dropping that last album, his singles didn't even impact hard in the first place...I think he had that Baby track with The Dream...he just wanted to go out better because Def Jam was his home...Plus Jay had been his rival for years and rumored to have been his ghostwriter.

Originally Posted by Noodles

i never met jay z, and i own reasonable doubt & the blueprint, and several tapes. dude silenced the competition aka his "label mates" to increase his market share in the mental real estate of customers. quite clever & nonchalantly ruthless. At the end of the day he is caked up and I eat entenmann's marble cake for breakfast
roll.gif

Who's checking for Jay Elec outside of the internet? Dude's not even that dope. Plus he's tryin to get on at like 34, he's finished
before he even starts. It's not like he's established/being resurrected like Busta Rhymes or something.

Exit 13 had 3 good songs on the entire album, but i was baffled at it's near non-existent promotion.

You are right on some accounts, but it's water under the bridge now. Beans, Freeway, Young Gunz, and Bleek all had gold+ albums
under Jay, and now only Freeway & Young Chris have been building their own brands. Can't really blame Jay, you have to blame
people not working hard enough to put themselves on. ATG did make some good points though.

Jay-z in an interview said something like, "whenever you listen to these rappers talk bad about me, its never about what i have done to them, but rather about what i havent done FOR THEM"

Originally Posted by LuckyLoser

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

All those rappers you listed would have flopped anyways...
indifferent.gif

I don't think they would've flopped if they had the right push...

*sidebar* Beans killed Jay multiple times on Jay's own tracks, look at Beans now.

Beans had a bad attitude and could only put out owne good album... That's his own fault. Jay's incredible longevity is because he has self-discipline and intelligence, unlike a lot of guys out there.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Jay-z in an interview said something like, "whenever you listen to these rappers talk bad about me, its never about what i have done to them, but rather about what i havent done FOR THEM"
Yup. Always.

So he gets no credit for those successful artists at Def Jam but all the blame for anything that didnt succeed? lol

We really dont know anything. Artist get mad at him like every week it seems for something new. How much of it is him being a scape goat or a shady dude we'll never know.

U can't blame one man for another man's lack of drive and work ethic. I seen somebody mention Beans, Beans aint even did a mixtape in I don't know how many yrs. Only dudes out of SP grindin is Chris, Free, and Peedi (sometimes).

U aint supposed to hold another man's hand, if he can't get swim, he bound to drizown.

Also, Jay doin in music what the corporate execs are doin with the market. Really nothin different about it

Originally Posted by LuckyLoser

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

All those rappers you listed would have flopped anyways...
indifferent.gif

I don't think they would've flopped if they had the right push...
As much as I mess with every rapper you listed, had they dropped albums at the time they were "supposed to" , they would've flopped.

Originally Posted by cartune

Its directly his fault when an artist fails

and its not his fault when new artists are successful. Gotcha
pimp.gif

This is a perfect summary of the mentality of the "Blame Jay-Z" theory.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Yup. Always.
Except Cam of course

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Yup. Always.
Except Cam of course

? Cam aint "deserve" to pass over Beans and Bleek at that time. imo

Originally Posted by cartune

He signed Nas, He signed Jay Electronica, He signed J. Cole, He signed the hottest up & coming NYC rapper at that time Uncle Murda
laugh.gif
, Even pushed Fabolous

All competition
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^^^
laugh.gif
There was no way Uncle Murda was gonna pop off. I listen to a pinch of his stuff, but dude was
never gonna really get on. He probably did have the best verse on "Brooklyn" with Fab & Jay....

Cam didn't deserve to pass beans and bleek? You high on sherm? You never heard Come Home With Me?

Back
Top Bottom