has anybody worked for a company called ACN?

i know about 5 people that have recently joined this company (just last week) and swear that the people who talked them into it (who are long time friends oftheirs) make around $25k/month in income. from the sounds of it, ACN has checked off everything on my list that qualifies as a pyramid scheme -- recruiting,you get a certain % off people below you, "meetings" just about anywhere, not being able to show paychecks, pay $700+ "startup" fees, etc.

they told me that their friends (who recruited them) drive $75k brand new bmw's and have made it. they claim that they are endorsed by donald trump (whichis true) and are even making appearances on his show "celebrity apprentice". my counterclaim as to why he's endorsing -- he's getting or hasalready gotten a cut; he's made his money.

i've told these guys that it's a pyramid scheme but it seems like an exercise in futility. "no...XYZ has made it and i've known him for Xyears...he wouldn't lie to me!"

does anybody have any experience with them, or care to chime in that this is, in fact, a pyramid scheme? maybe i can get some insightful posts and show themthis post later on.

Never heard of it. What products do they sell? Cause the money can't just be based off of referrals. That 700 usually goes to some kit they have to buy andthen sell. Like Mary Kay and Avon. And as much as those seem dumb, they do work. My moms friends were doing it for about three years now and just got pink"Mary Kay" Escalades. Those take a while to do though. Do you have any more info about this particular job?

It's not legally a pyramid scheme since they're actually selling a product but you get money by recruiting people and people under them so to me that =pyramid. Stay away. Those are the most scandlous people I've ever met in my life. FAKE FAKE FAKE.

No, but I've had friends dabble in THAT company. ACN is a Direct Marketing Firm - they sell door to door. Not sure about all the fees. I told myselfI'd never work for a company like that. But ironically, I worked for a company similar to ACN called Scanno Advertising based in Anaheim, CA. No fees wereasked from me. Their system works great but you have to really strive hard to move up that ladder. Either that, or be lucky and come across impulse buyersevery single time. If you're a strong minded person whose determined to get what they want. This may be a good opportunity for you to challenge yourself.Reason I left is because I was offered a better job while "on the job" at Scanno. Good thing I accepted the job because it's opened so many doorsfor me. So to each his own, I guess.

Originally Posted by silkboi

Never heard of it. What products do they sell? Cause the money can't just be based off of referrals. That 700 usually goes to some kit they have to buy and then sell. Like Mary Kay and Avon. And as much as those seem dumb, they do work. My moms friends were doing it for about three years now and just got pink "Mary Kay" Escalades. Those take a while to do though. Do you have any more info about this particular job?

they resell telecommunication products such as cell phones and phone lines.

i'm not sure why some of you say that this is a better "scheme" than the others...care to elaborate?

just because some people do actually get paid, does not mean that its not a pyramid scheme. Just sounds like its more on the up and up side of scheming.

my girl got me to go to one of those meetings a few years back. as soon as i walked in it was like some sort of clan gathering. they had a projection of allthese dbags posted up by their nice cars, and the audience would cheer these guys on like they were jesus or something. 15 minutes into the presentation igrabbed my girl and got out of there. she was pissed but i googled the company later and a bunch of scam articles came up.

i suggest not doing it

laugh.gif

ive been gettin told about goin to these meetings for awhile now. i always wanted to try til i looked into it

its a damn pyramid.

and btw i heard that you are responsible for each cell phone contract you sell
meaning if your customer cannot pay their bill anymore, YOU do.

ACN is pretty much a scam. They had their national convention in my town and I was working the bar. Cool people but they are always trying to sell, I had like40 -50 offers to join their networks. If you wanna be the annoying person in your group that is bugging your friends to pay up 500 and join your network, goodluck in keeping those friends.

Its a complicated scheme they got going on, I got some info from a sales guy after a couple of days. Basically all your money comes from recruiting, those 500gets you paid but that a one time payment, so ACN incourages you to keep recruiting, friends family and anyone else you can control. The services itself canonly pay if you sell to corporate accounts with long term contracts. Overall I think it way to much work for the ' average amount' of income.

Of course, if you ask any ACN rep, how is it, they will tell you its great since they already paid their $500 and dont wanna look stupid for doing so.

DON'T DO IT.

I wasted $500 of my own money and countless time trying to do work as an 'ACN associate' back in late '06. It's essentially a pyramid scheme. Get away now.

Originally Posted by MEXclusive

ACN is pretty much a scam. They had their national convention in my town and I was working the bar. Cool people but they are always trying to sell, I had like 40 -50 offers to join their networks. If you wanna be the annoying person in your group that is bugging your friends to pay up 500 and join your network, good luck in keeping those friends.

Its a complicated scheme they got going on, I got some info from a sales guy after a couple of days. Basically all your money comes from recruiting, those 500 gets you paid but that a one time payment, so ACN incourages you to keep recruiting, friends family and anyone else you can control. The services itself can only pay if you sell to corporate accounts with long term contracts. Overall I think it way to much work for the ' average amount' of income.

Of course, if you ask any ACN rep, how is it, they will tell you its great since they already paid their $500 and dont wanna look stupid for doing so.
wow...thanks for the input.

stay away!

these pyramid schemers are mad annoying,
had 1 of my old friends try to sell me cell phone service w/ a complimentary knife set
so i beat him with the phone and then gutted him

don't do it yo

my best advice to you!!!! If anyone ever tell you to go to a meeting to make money, Make sure you slap them in the face and walk away!!!!

Ask anybody that sucessful and rich in life, they didn't make money off there friends, or making there friends join and pay to be in some fake company!!!!IT all bout husling and selling to strangers.

ACN was on the West Coast 4 years ago, I think the hussle on the West COast now is PrePaid Legal and Montevie Juice hahah.

stay awya dont waste your time, for some reason it alway cost 500 dollars to join!!!!

pyramid scam thats been around forever. i had a bunch of friends harass me for not joining with them, only to have them eventually say that "it wasnt forthem"

i really dont trust a job where i have to pay first

^^ Haha, prepaid legal? That was big on the east coast like 4 years back. It sounded like a pretty good deal. Kind like a get out of jail free card, just notfree.

Prepaid legal was here in the westcoast more like 10 yrs ago.

You dont make money from selling "products"
You make money from dumb !@!@$ buying into the system with the $500 upfront fee

Yeah been there done that... I did invest or should I say give 500 on credit, I received it back after I found out it was a scam.

Back
Top Bottom